Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Much better to watch under Harris

Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:31 pm

We played well and looked to pass on the floor rather than hoof ball :ayatollah:
Great confidence booster and i thought one or two players looked thinner :clap:

Re: Much better to watch under Harris

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:We played well and looked to pass on the floor rather than hoof ball :ayatollah:

Agree. Paterson looked as if he’d lost a stone.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:38 pm

I agree, quite a few players look a lot slimmer and fitter now than they did at the start of the season, Paterson and Mendez for starters. And we are seemingly trying to pass a bit more under Harris than we did under Warnock which is encouraging.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:49 pm

There was an obvious game plan today. And it worked to a tee.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:17 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:There was an obvious game plan today. And it worked to a tee.

Spot on. Reminded me of the QPR game earlier this season which we won 3-0 (not the 'other' QPR game ;) ). We didn't go forward much but when we did we made it count and then defended like it was Dunkirk.

It is a great strategy when everything clicks and it did today :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:40 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:We played well and looked to pass on the floor rather than hoof ball :ayatollah:

And gained an Alice band :o

The fanny :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:55 pm

davids wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

And gained an Alice band :o

The fanny :thumbup: :thumbup:

Haha

Someone needs to tell him he don't look like Beckam more like worzil gummidge

Patts

Take it off

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Harris post match was great
He loves Cardiff and the fans, bout time they got fully behind him

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Harris post match was great

:thumbup: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:21 pm

I quite like Harris, seems honest enough

But if we dont beat Preston 6 nil

I'm afraid hes got to go :D

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:53 pm

Sloper Road wrote:Harris post match was great

He gets judged to harshly for his time at millwall where he was restricted.
I like the fella he seems honest in his interviews and we look better to watch.
He's not had a proper transfer window either

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:07 pm

QPR away was terrible. No getting away from that. But I remember saying people to calm down, and that Harris would turn it around. Because many on here were calling for him to go there and then or they'd rip up their season tickets.

He's doing a good job. At times we play attractive football as well, as has been said above.

Whether we get into the top six or not, I think Harris should be commended for how he's turning it around.

The players certainly seem to trust him as well, showing as much fight as they did under the previous manager.

But I agree, watching us under Harris is a lot more enjoyable than under the previous manager.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Citysince72 wrote:I quite like Harris, seems honest enough

But if we dont beat Preston 6 nil

I'm afraid hes got to go :D

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU :clap: I WAS UP AT PNE THAT DAY WE GOT HAMMERED AND EVERY GAME OF THAT RUN IN, LETS HOPE NEIL CAN GET US IN THE PLAY OFFS :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:QPR away was terrible. No getting away from that. But I remember saying people to calm down, and that Harris would turn it around. Because many on here were calling for him to go there and then or they'd rip up their season tickets.

He's doing a good job. At times we play attractive football as well, as has been said above.

Whether we get into the top six or not, I think Harris should be commended for how he's turning it around.

The players certainly seem to trust him as well, showing as much fight as they did under the previous manager.

But I agree, watching us under Harris is a lot more enjoyable than under the previous manager.

Some usual suspects wanted him out before he even got in :laughing6: :laughing6:
We have a tough run in but i'd like to see him have a proper transfer window to see what he can do. His loan signings have been great

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:48 am

With what Tan is willing to spend and what Warnock left

He needs to be given a few windows to bring in and move out.

If I was Harris the first thing I would do, is take a massive look at our youth set up, scout set up, sort it out. Clubs like us can't go out and spend 50million on a striker

Bring the young through

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:43 pm

seriously... we had no touches in their penalty area in the 1st half and won the game with only 2 shots on target.... agree about fitness but the football is much the same.. win and everyone is happy , lose and its dogshite.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:42 pm

It is better in respect dont keep banging ball upfield fast as can with no hope of keeping it there! Yesterday reminded me of forest away? That day they had lots of efforts at goal but few chances leeds had something like 18 efforts 3 on target city had 2 on target both mattered!! Leeds huffed all game but never threatened smithies more than twice, Jimmy floyd summed it up we controlled the game for large parts which meant leeds were reduced to balls in the box as we had strangled their creativity. So from Harris good game plan