WHAT THE MANAGERS SAID - CITY v LEEDS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:23 pm

What the managers said...

Neil Harris: "We sent a statement out"

Neil Harris was delighted with his hard-working Cardiff side as they struck twice to defeat Leeds United and move within a point of the play-offs.

"It tells us straight away that we're focused and have a hunger and a desire to be successful this season. The players deserve great credit for the way they conducted themselves personally and professionally during the lockdown period.

"I wanted the boys to make a statement in the first game back that we're serious about getting into the top six, and to pay tribute to Peter Whittingham. And there were two goals there that were fitting to that man.

"I didn't know him personally but played against him many times. He came across like a class act, and I thought he could have played in any team in the world he was that good a player. He is loved here and rightly so, and the tribute before the game and with the shirt was fitting."

Marcelo Bielsa: "I'm frustrated with finishing"

Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa felt his side lacked a cutting edge in the final third as they fell to a 2-0 defeat to Cardiff.

"We should have won. We've created enough chances to score goals and they needed our mistake to score. But we should have been more clinical to finish the attacks.

"The mistakes are part of the game and we can't imagine one player that can't make a mistake. When we have a mistake we have to resolve it between the whole team. In this game they shot twice and scored twice."

What's next?

Both sides are back in Championship action live on Sky Sports Football on Saturday, June 27. Cardiff head to Preston for a 12.30pm kick-off, and Leeds host Fulham at 3pm.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WHAT THE MANAGERS SAID - CITY v LEEDS

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Bielsa, the silly sod sat on a bucket like a little fat gnome!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Re: WHAT THE MANAGERS SAID - CITY v LEEDS

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:29 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Bielsa, the silly sod sat on a bucket like a little fat gnome!

All he needed was a fishing rod! LOL :lol:

Here's a Leeds gnome I found in my Leeds supporting neighbour's garden...

He calls it 'Bielsa Bob' ;) :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Bielsa.jpg
Bielsa.jpg (147.16 KiB) Viewed 758 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat