Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Leeds Boss: "We should of won, this is not normal.”

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:25 pm

'It's not normal' - Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa's blunt verdict on his side's shock defeat at Cardiff City

The Leeds boss struggled to grasp how his side lost in the Welsh capital

Marcelo Bielsa says Cardiff City's 100% shot conversion rate in their 2-0 triumph over Leeds United was "not normal".

“We should of won and could of won.”

The Bluebirds were under the cosh for long periods of the game in the Welsh capital but emerged victorious thanks to a pair of stunning strikes from Junior Hoilett and Robert Glatzel.

Those efforts were the only two Cardiff mustered on target, although they proved enough to seal all three points while lifting Neil Harris' side up to seventh in the league table in the process.

And frustrated Leeds boss Bielsa says it was a "strange" match for his side in South Wales.

MARCELO BIELSA:

"It was a good opportunity for us, we couldn’t take advantage," he said in his post-match press conference.

"It was a strange match, not normal. They shot twice and scored twice. It’s not normal.

"Another thing we could have resolved. We lacked unbalanced situation in the middle of the pitch. We think, for all the possession and control we had, we could have created clearer chances. Quantity and quality.

“We should of won and could of won.”

"Regarding the match, naturally, we would have won this match. We cannot imagine a game without mistakes.

"Sometimes it is difficult to avoid mistakes, but in this match we could not avoid the consequence of our mistakes.

"Usually, it is very difficult if you have two mistakes in 90 minutes."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Leeds Boss: "Its not normal after defeat to Cardiff"

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:35 pm

Ok. You lost

Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Get used to it mate it’s normal every time we play you :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :thumbup:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:00 pm

How was it a shock defeat to Leeds we always beat them there mistakes cost them cos we punished them with to good strikes at goal that went in it was there mistakes at eland road that cost them three points when they thought they had the game in the bag and we got three goals to get a draw

Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:16 pm

They kept the ball in unthreatening areas of the pitch, their shooting, final passing and decision making was abysmal. I wonder how many teams just play into their hands every week? Just don't let them counter attack, slow the game down and pass long over the counter-press. Liverpool they ain't. Surprised they're not a busted flush yet under Bielsa :laughing5:

Neil Harris played a blinder on them :laughing6:

Re: Leeds Boss: "We should of won, this is not normal.”

Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:50 pm

He should by now have learnt some English football cliches - like “it goes like that some times, we lost and so we’ll just move on.”

Sore loser. He should be more concerned with his weight.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Tbf I would not understand it if we played like Leeds today and lost. If our opponent had 2 shots on target and scored both of them. I would be asking how we had so much possession get really troubled their goalkeeper. I would be having a right go at our attackers. I would also say they did a job on us because that is what we did to Leeds today.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Tbf I would not understand it if we played like Leeds today and lost. If our opponent had 2 shots on target and scored both of them. I would be asking how we had so much possession get really troubled their goalkeeper. I would be having a right go at our attackers. I would also say they did a job on us because that is what we did to Leeds today.

Or simply,our strikers can actually hit the net,whilst theirs couldnt :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:29 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Tbf I would not understand it if we played like Leeds today and lost. If our opponent had 2 shots on target and scored both of them. I would be asking how we had so much possession get really troubled their goalkeeper. I would be having a right go at our attackers. I would also say they did a job on us because that is what we did to Leeds today.

Or simply,our strikers can actually hit the net,whilst theirs couldnt :lol: :old: :bluebird:

yes. as a threat they were average at best... you would think the worlds greatest ever tactician would be able to sort it within seconds ?

Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:34 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

yes. as a threat they were average at best... you would think the worlds greatest ever tactician would be able to sort it within seconds ?

They had that comeback from 0-3 @ their place on their minds,so decided not to score,as we would only peg it back :laughing5: my end of season perect ending has begun ;) :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:09 am

Danny Says wrote:He should by now have learnt some English football cliches - like “it goes like that some times, we lost and so we’ll just move on.”

Sore loser. He should be more concerned with his weight.

I've noticed that foreign managers who come to these leagues are often very bad losers.

Guardiola, Klopp, Mourinho, Bielsa and Arteta are the worst culprits.. They seem incapable of taking a defeat on the chin like British managers.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:10 am

"This is not normal" :laughing5: look at the record chubby,it is normal,honest :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:59 am

Did they honestly think that they were going to win this game, then they obviously had not checked the script or the records
:bluebird:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am

They weren’t mistakes they were forced errors, because the game plan was to press and stop them playing out from the back, well done Harris and the team, we’ve just shown the whole league how to beat them. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:45 am

As someone pointed out yesterday against Leeds this season we have had 5 shots on target and scored 5 goals. From that it would seem pretty normal that we score every time we get a shot on target ;) :occasion5:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 am

Bluebina wrote:They weren’t mistakes they were forced errors, because the game plan was to press and stop them playing out from the back, well done Harris and the team, we’ve just shown the whole league how to beat them. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

For years now I have wondered why teams don't deploy that tactic against teams who play out from the back. We have in the past allowed teams to do that rather than press high and force errors which we can benefit from.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:58 am

bluesince62 wrote:They had that comeback from 0-3 @ their place on their minds,so decided not to score,as we would only peg it back :laughing5: my end of season perect ending has begun ;) :old: :bluebird:

I would love Leeds to do their usual collapse but the odds are they will get promoted only because Fulham seem determined to do the same. I think they play each other soon which will probably end 0-0.

However, what is the odds that Leeds will make a bid for Robert Glatzel? Twice he has come on late in the games against Leeds and scored decisive goals. That must have made them sit up and take notice of a brilliant impact player.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:13 pm

Leeds collapse, Brentford nick second (my boy is a Bees fan) we beat Fulham in the play off final.

This is the perfect scenario I reckon.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:21 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Leeds collapse, Brentford nick second (my boy is a Bees fan) we beat Fulham in the play off final.

Nah,I posted last week,leeds drop out of top two,we storm into play offs,swansea scrape in on gd,we then beat leeds in the semi,then stuff the swans in the final,thus condemning my two least favourite sides to another season in the championship (which will be a tough division to get out of from next year!!) And will ruin leeds financially to boot :thumbup: You heard it here :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:50 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Leeds collapse, Brentford nick second (my boy is a Bees fan) we beat Fulham in the play off final.

the perfect scenario is us and WBA autos...ive got 50 quid on it...lol

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 am

Us beating Leeds is fairly normal mate

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:35 am

NPCF3 wrote:They kept the ball in unthreatening areas of the pitch, their shooting, final passing and decision making was abysmal. I wonder how many teams just play into their hands every week? Just don't let them counter attack, slow the game down and pass long over the counter-press. Liverpool they ain't. Surprised they're not a busted flush yet under Bielsa :laughing5:

Neil Harris played a blinder on them :laughing6:

I wasn't as impressed with Leeds as I expected to be. They played their way and it didn't work; we played our way very effectively and won. We scored two brilliant goals and didn't concede. Yet not many out there - apart from our own supporters - are giving us any credit. Bu what a start eh!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 pm

They're blaming the lunchtime kick off now :-

https://motleedsnews.com/matchday/mot-v ... ay-reveal/

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:41 pm

A good excuse, we can blame the EFL if we lose this coming Saturday.

It's a fair point really, makes absolutely no sense for either game to be played at those times.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:50 pm

And if they’d won.. anyway, Yorkshireman have always got something stuck in the craw. They’re actually one game better off.
He should ask Bielsa why Cardiff have had only 5 shots on target against Leeds this season, and scored 5 goals..