Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Glatzel

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:25 am

Hope Harris starts him and gives him a decent run. Yes Paterson does his best but he’s not a centre forward. For me it’s simple, Glatzel should be starting.

Re: Glatzel

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:38 am

Took his goal exceptionally well.

I'd like to see him improve on his hold up play a little bit and I think he could be more of a threat aerially but those are areas he can keep working on and trying to improve.

Two goals this season against the scummers so well done to him! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:46 am

Give him a start till the end of season I think.

Deserves it after yesterday's strike

And definitely offers more than parts up front

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:20 am

Certainly against Leeds he has proved to be a great impact player. I'd keep him on the bench with a view to bringing him on later in the game if he is needed.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 am

Danny Says wrote:Hope Harris starts him and gives him a decent run. Yes Paterson does his best but he’s not a centre forward. For me it’s simple, Glatzel should be starting.

all the starting 11 did a hell of a job yesterday... id defo keep the same 11.. besides our record when he starts is awful.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 am

I like Glatzel and think he’s twice the footballer that Paterson is.
His hold up play is far superior although his heading ability is quite poor for a tall guy.

Saying that, I would keep the starting eleven against Leeds for the next game.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:50 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I like Glatzel and think he’s twice the footballer that Paterson is.
His hold up play is far superior although his heading ability is quite poor for a tall guy.

NML in for Adomah for me

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I like Glatzel and think he’s twice the footballer that Paterson is.

NML in for Adomah for me

I second that, and would start with glatziel

And I do know what I'm talking about, I've managed Cardiff for years, won the premier, champs league many times, you may say it don't matter it's a football manager game on a lap top, but now I'm managing Brazil, so there haha

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:55 am

Citysince72 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

NML in for Adomah for me

I second that, and would start with glatziel

And I do know what I'm talking about, I've managed Cardiff for years, won the premier, champs league many times, you may say it don't matter it's a football manager game on a lap top, but now I'm managing Brazil, so there haha

I was thinking re RG starting and whereas I don’t disagree, it may be handy to start with CP to rough up the centre backs a bit.
It’s a tough one though as Glatzel scored and probably deserved a start. PNE will probably have the lions share of possession I’m guessing so whoever starts up top for us will be living off scraps, for that reason I’d start with CP.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:39 am

It may we’ll be horses for courses when selecting the team based on the opposition.

As for Adomah as mentioned above, he went into his shell after a ridiculous yellow card decision.

NML for impact off the bench.

Tomlin?

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:29 pm

Danny Says wrote:It may we’ll be horses for courses when selecting the team based on the opposition.

As for Adomah as mentioned above, he went into his shell after a ridiculous yellow card decision.

Tomlin?

Away at Preston I wouldn’t start Tomlin. It’s more of a rather not lose than must win game so similar team / tactics to Leeds game I’d suggest.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:37 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:It may we’ll be horses for courses when selecting the team based on the opposition.

Tomlin?

Away at Preston I wouldn’t start Tomlin. It’s more of a rather not lose than must win game so similar team / tactics to Leeds game I’d suggest.

Yep totally agree, same team for me

Keep it tight and then plenty of firepower on the bench for the last 30 minutes