Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Cardiff City are slight favourites "

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Cardiff City are slight favourites to be the fourth team to finish in the top six, with eight games to play.

Bet365 odds:

Brentford - 1/50

Fulham - 1/20

Nottingham Forest - 1/3

Cardiff City - 7/4

Preston North End - 5/2

Swansea City - 10/3

Millwall - 10/3

Blackburn Rovers - 9/2

Bristol City - 5/1

Derby County - 16/1

Re: " Cardiff City are slight favourites "

Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:48 pm

UPDATED:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:01 pm

Really shocking odds all round. Seven teams within 3 points of each other and probably only one place up for grabs and with the exception of Derby six priced at between 7-4 and 5-1. Derby at 16-1 worth may be worth a bet though.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:05 pm

Blackburn seem to be the other team to watch

Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:31 pm

Think we are too short at 7-4. Great result against Leeds but we still have a load of tricky fixtures against teams looking for a place in the playoffs. Not sure we should even be favourites for the fourth spot.Beat Preston on Saturday and 7-4 might be justified.

Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:41 pm

to be honest - who gives a F about other teams , or teams we have to play.
All this is an unexpected bonus - lets have a laugh and enjoy each game as it comes. The players need to treat every game as their last.

We'll probably lose 6 nil to Preston on Sat (again) anyway :bluescarf: :old:

Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:03 pm

Two places up for grabs as far as I'm concerned. I'd be amazed if Forest were still in the play-offs come the end of the season. Let's keep plodding along under the radar and get a winning run going when it really matters :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:40 pm

NPCF3 wrote:Two places up for grabs as far as I'm concerned. I'd be amazed if Forest were still in the play-offs come the end of the season. Let's keep plodding along under the radar and get a winning run going when it really matters :ayatollah:

I have to be honest im amazed how Nottingham Forest are still in the play offs. Every time I've seen them I've never been impressed and yet they sit in 5th place but I don't think they're comfortable by any stretch.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:27 pm

I don't think Forest will finish in the top 6. After next Sundays home game against Huddersfeild their following 5 games are against Bristol City, Derby,Fulham, Preston and Swansea.I'll be surprised if they are still in the play off places after that little lot.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:35 pm

Let's just ensure our players know that we owe Preston one, and that they are all up for it as was the case against Leeds on Sunday. Harris got everything right Sunday - even down to calling for the water breaks as things were drifting. :bluescarf: :occasion5: :bluebird: :thumbup:

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:50 pm

Let's all be honest most of us thought we be mid table few months ago so to be where we are now let's just enjoy cmon city

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:22 am

piggy wrote:Let's all be honest most of us thought we be mid table few months ago so to be where we are now let's just enjoy cmon city

Not all thought that my pre-season prediction was promotion via the play-offs. Admittedly none of those two have been achieved yet but neither has a mid-table position but we are very much in with a shout.

I enjoy following City whatever the circumstances there was even a strange enjoyment in watching some of the crap we endured during the Division 3 & 4 days.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:27 am

BC-CB wrote:Let's just ensure our players know that we owe Preston one, and that they are all up for it as was the case against Leeds on Sunday. Harris got everything right Sunday - even down to calling for the water breaks as things were drifting. :bluescarf: :occasion5: :bluebird: :thumbup:

I agree. Much like we are Leeds bogey team Preston (especially at Deepdale) seem to be our bogey team. I still haven't got over that 6-0 defeat about 10 years ago which mean't Preston took our play-off position by reversing our +5 goal difference :shock:

Pay back time :thumbup: