Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: offensive banner ?

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bluesince72 wrote:Lancashire police have announced that no crime was committed by the towing of the White Lives Matter banner over the Etihad Stadium. Common sense prevails for once during this whole sorry mess that has hit our country.

did it even warrant an investigation ?
has anyone investigated the black lives matter slogan as possibly being offensive...its ridiculous..

He's been sacked from his job

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:44 pm

stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Bluesince72 wrote:Lancashire police have announced that no crime was committed by the towing of the White Lives Matter banner over the Etihad Stadium. Common sense prevails for once during this whole sorry mess that has hit our country.

has anyone investigated the black lives matter slogan as possibly being offensive...its ridiculous..

Well that stunt backfired. Banned from Burnley FC and out of a job at possibly the worst time in 35 years. Wonder if he thinks it was worth it.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Why is the banner offensive??

What a sad, over sensitive and snowflakian pathetic excuse for a country we live in!

Careful what you say or do just in case you offend someone unintentionally.

Absolutely unbelievable. Those love to take umbridge on others behalf take a step back and have a serious word with yourself!!

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:29 pm

Apparently because it says white. If it said black, no problem. That’s where blm have taken us, 30 years backwards.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:33 pm

That bloke needs to be reinstated in his job before BLM activists/rioters torch his bosses factory.

Pussy life in GB.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:42 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Apparently because it says white. If it said black, no problem. That’s where blm have taken us, 30 years backwards.

This could be conscude as discrimination because it is preferring black over white when should have equal billing.. the law clearly states doesn't matter what your colour/religion is to prefer one group ahead of another is discrimination ... as I've said people are losing sight of what racism is or means. :o

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:52 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:That bloke needs to be reinstated in his job before BLM activists/rioters torch his bosses factory.

Pussy life in GB.

Why would BLM supporters attack his boss's business? Surely they'd be happy that this man has been fired?

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:59 pm

If BLM weren’t fanatical extremists, they would call for his reinstatement as any progressive organisation might.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:42 pm

Australian broadcaster ABC tried to insinuate that chess was racist game because white moved 1st? :sad7:

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:48 pm

Burn chess boards immediately.

Disgusting abuse of white over black

Pathetic

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Australian broadcaster ABC tried to insinuate that chess was racist game because white moved 1st? :sad7:

I did say that BLM were using the black community as pawns...

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:16 pm

rumpo kid wrote:If BLM weren’t fanatical extremists, they would call for his reinstatement as any progressive organisation might.

Yeah whatever, but why would they attack his boss's business?
There's just no logic to it.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Panzermouse wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:If BLM weren’t fanatical extremists, they would call for his reinstatement as any progressive organisation might.

Yeah whatever, but why would they attack his boss's business?
There's just no logic to it.

Ask the guy who posted it.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:30 pm

He's been sacked from his job and his girlfriend.They worked at the same place.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:45 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Australian broadcaster ABC tried to insinuate that chess was racist game because white moved 1st? :sad7:

I did say that BLM were using the black community as pawns...

very good :D

Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:54 pm

If you notice I had already asked him, he didn't reply. I assumed you'd replied to me.
In your opinion are all BLM supporters fanatical extremists? Or is that a sweeping generalisation?

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:21 pm

Whatever you want them to be mate..

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:38 pm

If the banner had read " White lives don't matter " then surely everyone would have been happy. The BLM would have been happy they were finally getting their point across and those with the opposing view would have been happy they were finally getting their point across.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:55 pm

Anyone showing dissent which hits the headlines will either face prison or be financially ruined as to deter further dissent. So the Burnley fan has been sacked and also his girlfriend sacked. Financially ruined.
The hard left maybe the elites butches at the moment but once they are not any use to them any More they will be dropped like a hot potato. Then the realisation will kick in.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:09 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:There is no point moving on when such a massive hole there which needs to be addressed first.

Actually the two points are not really linked at all. You are picking a small point of contention and hiding behind it as an excuse to not address the latter questions which challenge your position at large.

CCFCJosh75 wrote:I will explain the problem with your reasoning one last time and in the simplest way I can.

Cute, you sound like me. Mimicry is the highest form of flattery - thanks Josh :thumbup:

CCFCJosh75 wrote:You said (and agreed when I put it in these terms) that because Nazis share some ideologies with Marxists that means Nazis must be on the left. That's an invalid argument of association.

OK I thought that perhaps you would have had the intelligence to see this without me having to join all the dots and put it this explicitly. I should have been clearer, you just wear me down to be honest and I get tired of pointing every tiny detail out, so I got sloppy and assumed a reasonable amount of critical thinking on your part so as to not have to hold your hand on every single step of this journey. I'll try harder to be more patient with you.

So to the point at hand - that is hopefully now the only barrier to your insightful, articulate and well thought out (you've had long enough) response to the rest of my post...

No, you cannot transpose my argument that 'Nazis belong on the left as they share commonalities with the Marxists' into 'Marxists belong on the right because they share commonalities with Nazis.'

The reason Nazis are on the left is not because they share ideological roots with the Marxists. It is because the ideological roots of both Marxists and Nazis are a sub-set of left wing politics. The former is a symptom of the latter. I'll accept this is a nuanced difference, but it is an important one and I genuinely thought you'd pick up on it without me having to explain it.

This could go on forever, so just a really, really quick gross simplification but it hopefully gets us past this point...

Left wing = big government, state/group is prioritised over the individual, economically opposed to capitalism. Nazis and Marxists both tick these boxes

Right wing = small government, prioritises individual liberty over the group/state, economically embraces free market and capitalism. Nazis and Marxists oppose all of these positions.

CCFCJosh75 wrote:I've already given you the elephant example of why your reasoning is incorrect but I'll give you another to see if that clicks with you. All good footballers show up to training on time. I show up to training on time, therefore I am a good footballer. Pigeons, ducks, and crows have wings and can fly. Penguins also have wings, therefore penguins can fly.

All elephants that are pink can fly and are great footballers. Great thanks for that. Really useful. :roll:

I won't reply after this as if you can't see the bus you could drive through the holes in your belief then we're all just wasting our time.
Just for the benefit of everyone else, this is Ealing's political scale:
Left:
BLM
Wlm
Communists
Nazis
Labour
KKK
Parties like the greens and plaid.

So if you're on the left you simultaneously:
Respect black people and their rights (BLM, labour), but also want them as slaves or killed (KKK and Nazis)

Want internationalism (which will obviously lead to multiculturalism and so more mixed race relationships) but not want internationalism due to the want of no mixed race relationships. (WLM, Nazis and there master race, KKK).
Support trade unions but also want them banned.

Work with other left wing parties (as shown during the last year's) but also want to ban them and send their leaders to camps or exile.

Increase women's rights but also to stay at home and control what they wear.
Etc etc
I would've put the Tories on the right but they've also done all the left wing things in their lifetime so they can go on the left as well.

And on the right side
Bit barren over here now. Maybe just ukip and the edl left.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:10 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Anyone showing dissent which hits the headlines will either face prison or be financially ruined as to deter further dissent. So the Burnley fan has been sacked and also his girlfriend sacked. Financially ruined.
The hard left maybe the elites butches at the moment but once they are not any use to them any More they will be dropped like a hot potato. Then the realisation will kick in.

And amazingly Anthony Joshua who openly called for black people to boycott white businesses by only using ones owned by black people has suffered no retribution.

If he wants to be like that then I will never watch any of his fights again and cancel my Sky subscription if they broadcast any of his fights and I urge others to do the same.

Of course despite his racist views that will be overlooked because of my and others 'white privilege' :roll: I will then be deemed as an outright ignorant, uneducated Neo-Nazi racist.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:22 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Anyone showing dissent which hits the headlines will either face prison or be financially ruined as to deter further dissent. So the Burnley fan has been sacked and also his girlfriend sacked. Financially ruined.

And amazingly Anthony Joshua who openly called for black people to boycott white businesses by only using ones owned by black people has suffered no retribution.

If he wants to be like that then I will never watch any of his fights again and cancel my Sky subscription if they broadcast any of his fights and I urge others to do the same.

Of course despite his racist views that will be overlooked because of my and others 'white privilege'
:roll: I will then be deemed as an outright ignorant, uneducated Neo-Nazi racist.

Tony,

I was a massive fan of Anthony Joshua, never now. He should be stripped of his titles imagine if a white champion had said exactly the same??

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Of course despite his racist views that will be overlooked because of my and others 'white privilege'
:roll: I will then be deemed as an outright ignorant, uneducated Neo-Nazi racist.

Tony,

I was a massive fan of Anthony Joshua, never now. He should be stripped of his titles imagine if a white champion had said exactly the same??

I want to see fury hurt him bad

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:40 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:I won't reply after this as if you can't see the bus you could drive through the holes in your belief

It'd be a pretty small bus seeing as you've not been able to counter anything I've said across two days.

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Just for the benefit of everyone else, this is Ealing's political scale:
Left:
BLM - marxists so yep
Wlm / Nazis - grouped these together as I know little of WLM other than what you informed me in that they are neo-nazis so yep Nazis are on the left
Communists - more marxists so yep
Labour - even more marxists so again yep
KKK - democratic origins so american left yep
Parties like the greens and plaid. - not really mentioned these but lets complete the set - yep

The rest of your post is putting words forward for me I never said. I would politely ask you not to misrepresent my views, but over the course of the last two days you have consistently shown yourself to be someone who is incapable or unwilling to act in good faith so that request would only fall on deaf ears.

However, I will refute them as once again your mischaracterisation of what I have said is an attempt to discredit me in order to not answer any questions put to you. Something you have consistently failed to do at every single point and turn.

CCFCJosh75 wrote:So if you're on the left you simultaneously:
Respect black people and their rights (BLM, labour), but also want them as slaves or killed (KKK and Nazis)

If BLM respected black people and their rights where is their solution to black-on-black crime which kills more black people by a massive margin than police on black or even white on black crime? Why are they are funding arm of the democrats who introduced redlining, war on drugs and support planned parenthood which significantly negatively impact the lives in the black community?

If Labour respect black people and their rights why has nothing been said about Khans's disastrous policies that has seen violent inner city gang crime rise to the point where London surpassed New York interms of murder rate - again disproportiantely impacting black communities?

The KKK were founded by Democrats (we've done this) and the Nazis and Marxists have a shared political origin and evolution (we've also done this)

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Want internationalism (which will obviously lead to multiculturalism and so more mixed race relationships) but not want internationalism due to the want of no mixed race relationships. (WLM, Nazis and there master race, KKK).

Too many huge leaps and conflations in here to even counter this point effectively as I'm not really sure where you're trying to get to. Suffice to say identity politics whether it be white supremacy or progressive ideology is bad. Very bad.

Identity politics is fundamentally about the group rather than the individual. Under identity politics I am not an individual but a member of various groups. White, male, mental health sufferer, straight, cis-gendred, working-class etc.

This is a concept with deep roots within left-wing ideologies. If you would rather and call it horseshoe theory where the extremes of the left and right meet again then we can do that if it makes it more comfortable for you. I don't view it this way as that approach overlooks the shared origins of much of the conceptual thinking around these ideologies and assumes they came from separate sources and that it is the endpoint of extremism that connects the ideologies. However, it gets us to the same point.

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Support trade unions but also want them banned.

Again not enough specifics, this is a recurring theme I've spotted, you throw out slogans but not enough substantive evidence beyond that to be able to refute the point and then claim some intellectual victory. Again, I don't know if it is a dishonest tactic or just a lack of depth to the arguments you are trying to build.

However, trade union support is one that sits across both sides of the coin but doesn't really translate across different nations as unions have different sets of power in different nations at different times. For example the Nazis abolished trade unions, the soviets initiated a gross distortion of interests where the unions fought for state production interests rather than workers' direct interests, antithetically against the purpose of what a trade union is supposed to do and essentially achieving the same end goal of the Nazis.

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Work with other left wing parties (as shown during the last year's) but also want to ban them and send their leaders to camps or exile

As shown during last year's.... hoedown? C'mon Josh at least finish your sentences. So are you now saying that coalition and informal support of parties is exclusively on the left (and don't say that I said that because I didn't) So yes left wing parties will work together - there are all sorts of weird unholy unions within the progressive left movement just look at islam and LGBTQI+ for example. They always turn on each other eventually but they exist for sure. With regards to sending leaders to camps/exile - i'm pretty sure that is a direct outcrop of leftist ideology.

CCFCJosh75 wrote:Increase women's rights but also to stay at home and control what they wear.

Again need more specifics but lets just agree that 'we need to simultaneously increase women's rights while forcing them to acknowledge there is no such thing as gender and if you question whether a 'trans-woman' should be allowed into an all female prison, where she can sexually abuse a female inmate within days of arriving - your a TERF trans-hating bigot.' is definitely a progressive leftist position.

Also, I seem to recall two-thirds of muslims voted labour in 2015 (not sure of the last election results but anticipate its around that mark if not higher). What's the percentage of Pakistani women that stay at home, I think it's just over three times higher than they general female population isn't it?

CCFCJosh75 wrote:we're all just wasting our time.

Finally something we can agree on.

If only you had been man enough, wise enough or brave enough to just answer the questions I put in the first post that was in line with the original topic instead of derail an entire thread with obfuscation, cowardice and lies.

However, I take my share of the blame as I have perpetuated it as much as you.

It's just I believe that people like you, the useful idiots spewing nonsense, spoon fed properganda are genuinely dangerous. On the surface everything you say is positioned as good and moral, but scratch the surface and you see you support an ideology of division and hatred and nothing more. My fear is the someone casually reading your words may only see your neat soundbites and not question things beyond that assertion, so I just can't let it go unchallenged.

It is a fear well founded as we are seeing with how BLM is playing out.

Across two days, you've asked many questions of me and I have responded to every single one, in detail. I've also put many questions to you and you haven't answered a single one.

There is one question I put to you thought although you haven't answered it directly you have answered it through your weasel words and spineless refusal to confront the questions at hand with endless distraction, deflection and deceit.

I asked you are you sure you thought you were on the side of the good guys Josh. I can confirm 100% you are not. You are on the side of the monsters, the psychopaths and the lunatics and it is where you belong.

I'm done.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 pm

Lads and Ladies - just a quick apology for derailing this thread with the bickering with Josh.

I put my reasons for why I can't let it go and have to respond each time in the last post - but I realise it is all getting too much and probably spoiling the conversation for everyone else.

I know I shouldn't let him get to me and bite back, I just can't help myself. It just really pisses me off when someone suggests I'm a neo-nazi which was his first route of attack and I got sucked in from there.

Anyhow, going to be logging out for a while now so you'll have some peace and quiet. Congrats Josh I guess that means you managed to win without answering a single question.

Here's to the Preston game and the push for the play-offs anyways. See you around lads.

EA

:ayatollah:

P.S - @ Panzermouse, I owe you a bit of an apology. I thought you were another Josh clone and treated you as such in our one interaction but subsequently I've seen you have a much more balanced approach in latter conversations. I've should have given you more credit in advance. Doesn't mean I agree with everything you say, but all I ever look for is civil dialogue so I should have kept to that myself. My apologies. :thumbup:
Last edited by ealing_ayatollah on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:51 pm

Panzermouse wrote:
stickywicket wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Well that stunt backfired. Banned from Burnley FC and out of a job at possibly the worst time in 35 years. Wonder if he thinks it was worth it.

probably not...its a huge price to pay..
I wonder how many BLM rioters who actually broke a law and got arrested have lost their jobs though ?
you quite simply can not have equality until people are treated equally...

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Tony,

you don't have to imagine mate... White lives matter = you lose your job.... racist rant = carry on as normal..

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:26 am

At least with the BBC Sports Personality this year voting will be down for Joshua, Hamilton, Sterling any others?

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:00 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Lads and Ladies - just a quick apology for derailing this thread with the bickering with Josh.

I put my reasons for why I can't let it go and have to respond each time in the last post - but I realise it is all getting too much and probably spoiling the conversation for everyone else.

I know I shouldn't let him get to me and bite back, I just can't help myself. It just really pisses me off when someone suggests I'm a neo-nazi which was his first route of attack and I got sucked in from there.

Anyhow, going to be logging out for a while now so you'll have some peace and quiet. Congrats Josh I guess that means you managed to win without answering a single question.

Here's to the Preston game and the push for the play-offs anyways. See you around lads.

EA

:ayatollah:

P.S - @ Panzermouse, I owe you a bit of an apology. I thought you were another Josh clone and treated you as such in our one interaction but subsequently I've seen you have a much more balanced approach in latter conversations. I've should have given you more credit in advance. Doesn't mean I agree with everything you say, but all I ever look for is civil dialogue so I should have kept to that myself. My apologies. :thumbup:

Don't apologise mate Reading posts from you and Tony Blue Williams is a breath of fresh air.

Like Bexit, like the general election and like most things in life, some people just will never get it or understabmnd how the country really feels, they think that by filling the Internet with crap or having (relatively speaking) small protests they are the majority when they really arnt and dont speak for the whole country

Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:15 am

Panzermouse wrote:

Re burning down the guys employers factory, I was just alluding to the suggestion that BLM fanatics can do what they want to whomever or whatever they want no questions asked.

:)

If you notice I had already asked him, he didn't reply. I assumed you'd replied to me.
In your opinion are all BLM supporters fanatical extremists? Or is that a sweeping generalisation?