responsibility for 'White Lives Matter' banner and won't apo

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:58 am

responsibility for 'White Lives Matter' banner and won't apologise

Jake Hepple claims he organised the stunt that saw a plane fly the banner over the Etihad on Monday during Man City's clash with Burnley

Hepple wrote: "I'd like to take this time to apologise .. TO ABSOLUTELY F ** NOBODY!

"It's now apparently racist to say white lives matter."
Attachments
0544C8AF-31B0-4405-864B-314B2919C2A4.jpeg
0544C8AF-31B0-4405-864B-314B2919C2A4.jpeg (269.23 KiB) Viewed 2836 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: responsibility for 'White Lives Matter' banner and won't

Postby Citysince72 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:11 am

I agree with him.

BLMs tactic to divide races is working

And the mainspring idiots cant see it.
Citysince72

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:26 pm

Fly black matters banner would be giving him knighthood! But white lives is racist? In what world is saying white matters is racist and saying black matters is not? It's now becoming a joke to be white perhaps we need to go to tanning salon so we all look the same .... :evil:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Fly black matters banner would be giving him knighthood! But white lives is racist? In what world is saying white matters is racist and saying black matters is not? It's now becoming a joke to be white perhaps we need to go to tanning salon so we all look the same .... :evil:

im sure that would be deemed racist as well Allen
skidemin

Postby llan bluebird » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Fly black matters banner would be giving him knighthood! But white lives is racist? In what world is saying white matters is racist and saying black matters is not? It's now becoming a joke to be white perhaps we need to go to tanning salon so we all look the same .... :evil:

:o OMG Allan the woke thought police will be after you
llan bluebird

Postby Citysince72 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:45 pm

Wash your mouth out with soap allan,

Ofcourse its racist to say white lives matter

It's only black lives that matter

Every white person is just a horrid racist

Piers Morgan told me :D
Citysince72

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:21 pm

skidemin wrote:

im sure that would be deemed racist as well Allen

Well it isn't on the marches or on backs of footballers ! So cannot see a banner in the air
being any different ... can you?
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:24 pm

llan bluebird wrote:

:o OMG Allan the woke thought police will be after you

Probably but will claim discrimination as I am of an ethnic group ... :D
pembroke allan

Postby YDdraigGwyn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:22 pm

In fairness the bloke is a racist, so not convinced his intentions were honourable. I’ve seen some horrendous comments from him in the past (assuming they are real).

But this is the problem you get when you allow political statements on football shirts and enforce political agendas on a National sport. Black lives matter as a statement is fine, black lives matter as an organisation is a remarkably idiotic thing to have emblazoned on football shirts.

They are a group that have very little regard for black lives and are a puppet for the Democratic Party that have a vested interest in keeping alive a race issue that is at its lowest point probably in all of history.
YDdraigGwyn

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:36 pm

YDdraigGwyn wrote:In fairness the bloke is a racist, so not convinced his intentions were honourable. I’ve seen some horrendous comments from him in the past (assuming they are real).

But this is the problem you get when you allow political statements on football shirts and enforce political agendas on a National sport. Black lives matter as a statement is fine, black lives matter as an organisation is a remarkably idiotic thing to have emblazoned on football shirts.

They are a group that have very little regard for black lives and are a puppet for the Democratic Party that have a vested interest in keeping alive a race issue that is at its lowest point probably in all of history.

what exactly would constitute honourable intentions ?
skidemin

Postby YDdraigGwyn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:56 pm

Something that does not feel like it is an antagonistic reaction than a pro active attempt to improve white lives. Context is important. Given who he is I highly doubt he has done this for anything other than the reaction he is getting.

Whilst the premise of the literal slogan is of course correct and so absolutely sympathise with that. It’s tough to attribute a wholesome motivation behind it once looking into the man behind it, who does seem to be a bit of a vile racist, and I don’t throw that word around lightly.
YDdraigGwyn

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:27 pm

YDdraigGwyn wrote:Something that does not feel like it is an antagonistic reaction than a pro active attempt to improve white lives. Context is important. Given who he is I highly doubt he has done this for anything other than the reaction he is getting.

Whilst the premise of the literal slogan is of course correct and so absolutely sympathise with that. It’s tough to attribute a wholesome motivation behind it once looking into the man behind it, who does seem to be a bit of a vile racist, and I don’t throw that word around lightly.

everything that's not of a certain narrative is being seen as antagonistic though.. people were queueing up last night to criticise this before they knew who was responsible.. and its all being reported as if had there been fans in the grounds you would be able to hear a pin drop during this knee thing..
skidemin

Postby YDdraigGwyn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:42 pm

skidemin wrote:
YDdraigGwyn wrote:Something that does not feel like it is an antagonistic reaction than a pro active attempt to improve white lives. Context is important. Given who he is I highly doubt he has done this for anything other than the reaction he is getting.

everything that's not of a certain narrative is being seen as antagonistic though.. people were queueing up last night to criticise this before they knew who was responsible.. and its all being reported as if had there been fans in the grounds you would be able to hear a pin drop during this knee thing..

It is antagonistic though let’s be real here. That banner wouldn’t exist if Black Lives Matter didn’t. Some of the racist comments this guy has made are terrible.

But I completely disagree with Black Lives Matter too. So I can’t disavow Black Lives Matter and yet support White Lives Matter, that would make me a hypocrite. Both are completely inappropriate. The media’s reaction to it is a joke though, that I agree with. Either both are wrong or both are fine - can’t have it both ways.

I’m a firm believer in All Lives Matter, it’s crazy it has to be a slogan rather than just common decency but that’s the world we live in where everything needs to be hashtag worthy.
YDdraigGwyn

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:38 pm

No offence committed say police :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:11 am

YDdraigGwyn wrote:
skidemin wrote:

It is antagonistic though let’s be real here. That banner wouldn’t exist if Black Lives Matter didn’t. Some of the racist comments this guy has made are terrible.

But I completely disagree with Black Lives Matter too. So I can’t disavow Black Lives Matter and yet support White Lives Matter, that would make me a hypocrite. Both are completely inappropriate. The media’s reaction to it is a joke though, that I agree with. Either both are wrong or both are fine - can’t have it both ways.

I’m a firm believer in All Lives Matter, it’s crazy it has to be a slogan rather than just common decency but that’s the world we live in where everything needs to be hashtag worthy.

im not defending the man... the message ? sort of see the hypocrisy but when every newspaper and every TV prog is pumping one thing out and are completely shutting down any and all opposition your going to get pushback somewhere .. and any push back is then going to be seen as antagonistic. and on that note attacking war memorials ?
skidemin

Postby YDdraigGwyn » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:53 am

Yep, always going to happen when things get politicised. As I said context is important for me and I don’t believe that message was anything more than an attempt to antagonise - a stance I fully understand considering the shameful coverage of the media and public figures, but I am not going to pretend it was flown for genuine reasons and compassion.

I quite like the fact that the opposition to Black Lives Matter often has a more considered approach which makes the other side look like a bunch of emotional loons. Not sure this does “the cause” any good really.

But the main point is the way the media have attacked it. Shows the bias there so suppose it served a purpose in that respect but it never needed confirming surely.
YDdraigGwyn

Return to General Chat