Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Please read my view.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:22 am

piledriver64 wrote:
So you would both use the word "tolerant" towards a white player ? Really ?

Just demonstrates that no matter what you say, or do, your attitude is different towards those of colour.

Ever heard of unconscious bias ? Look it up and educate yourselves.

There, is that enough to "add to the debate" ?

Yes a would use the word tolerant towards a white player. I remember using that phrase years ago towards Rhys Weston who received loads of abuse for apparently being useless in many fans opinion. I remember saying that despite his shortcomings I tolerated his place in the team because I admired his resilience.

As I previously pointed out the word 'tolerant' has several contexts and instead of telling everyone to get 'educated' maybe you should follow your own advice and 'educate' yourself in the English language instead of hysterically weaponising words for your own agenda :D

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:46 am

petesmeat wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
petesmeat wrote:All lives can't matter until black lives do. It isn't difficult. If black people do nothing, nothing will change. When they do something, silently without hurting anyone, you complain. When they riot, you complain. Of course all lives matter but at the moment, black lives are less important and not just in the US, and that isn't OK.

What do you mean by "all lives can't matter until black lives do?"

Anyone who deliberately kills a black person will receive a life sentence as would a black man who deliberately kill a white person. That sounds to me that ALL lives matter and law doesn't discriminate on the grounds of colour. :roll:

Why are black people paid less than white people for the same job? Of course all lives matter, nobody is debating that.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ite-people

Watch that. If you still disagree, I pity you.

Yes I watched it.

I'm told by Mike Wedderburn a former rugby union player for Harlequins and London Wasps and a fast bowler for Hampshire County Cricket Club as well as currently working as a sports journalist for Sky Sports that black people like him are not given opportunities because of their skin colour. :roll:

It would appear he has had a successful working career certainly he has done a lot better than I have but astonishingly he claims that because of his skin colour his 'life' (whether that's mortality or general life) means more.

You can use emotive words like "I pity you" in order to use blackmail (no racial pun intended) to try to win an argument but I look at things objectively. Mike Wedderburn should be promoting the possible opportunities he took advantage of rather than dictating boarder line racist statements that somehow I have 'white privilege'.

Basically all he had to say was weaponised racial nonsense and he should stop it now and stop crying wolf.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:19 am

My life get a grip Tolerance is a word used a lot and we are told we should be tolerant. If that’s all you got against me then lord above you need to reset yourself back to factory settings

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
petesmeat wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
petesmeat wrote:All lives can't matter until black lives do. It isn't difficult. If black people do nothing, nothing will change. When they do something, silently without hurting anyone, you complain. When they riot, you complain. Of course all lives matter but at the moment, black lives are less important and not just in the US, and that isn't OK.

You are making it out as if Black lives are 2nd class citizens.

A Black man has just as much of a chance to improve himself as a White man does in this country. You don't need to look far to see that.

I am a white man, I have never been racially abused or passed over for a job because of the colour of my skin. Black people have. All of my black friends have been racially abused in this country. I know that many black men and women are passed over for jobs, that is why there is a disproportionate number of black people in senior positions all over the country. Most people are decent however there is a sizeable minority that are not.

Absolutely correct. I've tried to stop posting on here in the last few days as I am so disappointed not only about some of the racist views being expressed but also the lack of education and ability to see it from the other side.

The OP has only re-emphasised that by stating that City fans have been "tolerant" towards some of our black players.

TOLERANT !! - what the hell have those people done to be merely tolerated !!?? It's that sort of supremacist attitude that got us in the mess that our society is now in, who the hell do you think you are to deign to tolerate a valuable part of our society :banghead: I'm just waiting for the first "I'm not a racist but ......................" post :evil:

If our players want to protest let them protest. I would say the same if a white player didn't take part in the show of solidarity, it would their decision. Funnily enough, not one has, which hopefully indicates that the views on this board are not, in the main, shared by the majority our society.

Ohh look at me I can twist a sentence to make it sound he meant something completely different. Nice one :thumbup:

not actually debating anyone here, but it made me laugh when you said "ooh look at me i cant twist a sentence" when annis posted the image of "Anthony Joshua" and was talking about supporting black business. everyone was going off about how he really meant "dont support white business" and "its obvious" what he meant, and what he said "Must be what he feels as there is no twisting of the word"

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:08 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
petesmeat wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

You are making it out as if Black lives are 2nd class citizens.

A Black man has just as much of a chance to improve himself as a White man does in this country. You don't need to look far to see that.

I am a white man, I have never been racially abused or passed over for a job because of the colour of my skin. Black people have. All of my black friends have been racially abused in this country. I know that many black men and women are passed over for jobs, that is why there is a disproportionate number of black people in senior positions all over the country. Most people are decent however there is a sizeable minority that are not.

Absolutely correct. I've tried to stop posting on here in the last few days as I am so disappointed not only about some of the racist views being expressed but also the lack of education and ability to see it from the other side.

The OP has only re-emphasised that by stating that City fans have been "tolerant" towards some of our black players.

TOLERANT !! - what the hell have those people done to be merely tolerated !!?? It's that sort of supremacist attitude that got us in the mess that our society is now in, who the hell do you think you are to deign to tolerate a valuable part of our society :banghead: I'm just waiting for the first "I'm not a racist but ......................" post :evil:

If our players want to protest let them protest. I would say the same if a white player didn't take part in the show of solidarity, it would their decision. Funnily enough, not one has, which hopefully indicates that the views on this board are not, in the main, shared by the majority our society.

Ohh look at me I can twist a sentence to make it sound he meant something completely different. Nice one :thumbup:

not actually debating anyone here, but it made me laugh when you said "ooh look at me i cant twist a sentence" when annis posted the image of "Anthony Joshua" and was talking about supporting black business. everyone was going off about how he really meant "dont support white business" and "its obvious" what he meant, and what he said "Must be what he feels as there is no twisting of the word"

show them where it hurts , abstain from spending money in their shops and economies .
there is no debate.. its what he said....nobody was going off about what he REALLY MEANT apart from people selectively deaf as you are here....he said it...you don't have to make it up, embellish it.. its there...
whats obvious is even when its right in front of you. or your actually listening to someone say words you are still in denial..