Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Some of the best times of my life “

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:47 am

Neil Warnock has six more games before he comes up against his former side Cardiff City, Warnock's mind has already cast forward to that key encounter.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"The last two games are quite tasty," Warnock said in his first press conference as Boro boss.

"Cardiff home and Sheffield Wednesday away. It's a good job the fans aren't in!

"It's really exciting. Everybody can beat everybody in the Championship.

"Let's worry about Stoke first."

Warnock will be fondly remembered for his achievements in the Welsh capital.

He steered Cardiff to safety in his first season in charge before spearheading a promotion charge the following season.

The 71-year-old felt the time was right for him to leave the Welsh capital back in November, not wanting his legacy to be soured by this season.

He revealed he has had opportunities in the intervening seven months, before the Boro job was presented to him, but his lingering memory of his time in charge of the Bluebirds is one which will strike a cord with fans in this part of the world.

"I had a great time at Cardiff," he added, "One of the best in my life."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Some of the best times of my life “

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:40 am

myself And the majority of the supporters enjoyed you being at our club, especially the way that you turned things around on and off the pitch, you gave us some of the best times in our life aswell, good luck for the future neil :clap:

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:48 am

BLUECHUGGY wrote:myself And the majority of the supporters enjoyed you being at our club, especially the way that you turned things around on and off the pitch, you gave us some of the best times in our life aswell, good luck for the future neil :clap:

I echo that but obviously not against us :thumbup:

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:33 am

An absolute Cardiff City hero. We were so close to staying in the Premier League and who knows what else. For some reason it just wasn't meant to be in the end but he and his amigos Blacky and Jeppo got this club alive and kicking again. He'll know exactly how to do a job on us at the Riverside so let's hope we've got the Play-offs nailed on by then :bluescarf: