Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EXCLUSIVE 'I'm no racist, I'd do it all again': Defiant Burn

Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:12 am

EXCLUSIVE 'I'm no racist, I'd do it all again': Defiant Burnley fan behind White Lives Matter banner reveals 60 people organised stunt and claimed police told him he wouldn't be charged - but offered him PROTECTION

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=215640

'I've got lots of Black and Asian friends and this banner was actually inspired by the Black Lives Movement.

The police have today confirmed No offence was committed.

Chief superintendent Russ Procter said no criminal offence was committed

The 24-year-old from Colne, near Burnley, insisted to MailOnline: 'I'm not racist'

He said police visited him on Tuesday to say he would not face criminal charges

He said the police offered him protection should he or his family face any threats

Said the backlash to stunt was 'a total overreaction' and 'blown out of proportion'

By VIVEK CHAUDHARY FOR MAILONLINE

Wednesday 24 June 2020

The Burnley football fan behind the White Lives Matter banner above the Etihad stadium has claimed he is not racist and would do it all again.

Jake Hepple, who posted a video of the stunt online and has used the P*** word on Facebook and Twitter, admitted he sometimes gets 'a bit drunk and coked up and uses offensive language'.

But the 24-year-old from Colne, near Burnley, insisted to MailOnline: 'I'm not racist. I know people are trying to make out to be one but I'm not.

'I've got lots of Black and Asian friends and this banner was actually inspired by the Black Lives Movement.

'We were not trying to offend the movement or black people. I believe that it's also important to acknowledge that white lives matter too. That's all we were trying to say.'

Mr Hepple said police visited him at home on Tuesday night to tell him he would not face criminal charges.

He said they also offered him protection should he or his family face threats in the future as a result of the banner.

He added: 'The police told me that I haven't committed any crime and haven't done anything wrong.

'In fact, they asked me if I was OK and wanted any protection, just in case people try to target me.

'I don't understand why I'm being treated like a criminal and believe that there has been a total over reaction to what happened. Everything has been blown out of proportion, it's ridiculous.'

Mr Hepple claimed responsibility for the pre-match stunt on Monday and wrote on Facebook: 'I'd like to take this time to apologise... to absolutely f***ing nobody!'

The Suicide Squad, a group of far-right Burnley fans, are believed to have crowdfunded the flight and its message 'White Lives Matter Burnley', which flew over the stadium just after Manchester City and Burnley FC players had taken the knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Lancashire Police yesterday confirmed Mr Hepple, who has posted in support of the EDL and has been pictured with its former leader, Tommy Robinson, had not been found to have committed a criminal offence.

What criminal offences would the police have looked for?
Lancashire Police said they found no criminal offence had been committed after Monday night's incident.

Similar unrelated cases in the past saw authorities issue charges under:

Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 - A person is guilty of an offence if they 'use threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour' or 'displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [or abusive].'

Air Navigation Order 2009 - This makes it an offence to fly over a congested area at a height lower than 1,000ft. It does not appear this happened in Monday night's incident.

Chief superintendent Russ Procter said: 'Lancashire Constabulary has been in liaison with Greater Manchester Police, the Aviation Authority and the Crown Prosecution Service regards the 'White Lives Matter' banner that was flown over the Etihad Stadium.

'After assessing all the information available surrounding this incident we have concluded that there are no criminal offences that have been disclosed at this time.

'We will continue to work with our partners at the football club and within the local authority.'

Despite this Mr Hepple's employer, an engineering company in Burnley called Paradigm Precision, said they were looking into his conduct and would announce any action soon.

Blackpool Airport, which was used by the plane, announced it had suspended all banner towing operations 'with immediate effect' and said it 'did not condone' the message.

Mr Hepple posted an image of the plane on Facebook on Monday and wrote: 'I'd like to take this time to apologise... to absolutely f***ing nobody!

'It's now apparently racist to say White Lives Matter, the day after three white people got murdered in a park in Reading, but all we've seen on the TV is Black Lives Matter after George Floyd got murdered. What a mad world we live in.'

His stunt led to outrage and has been widely condemned, with Burnley captain Ben Mee saying he was 'shamed and embarrassed'.

Speaking after the match, which his side lost 5-0, he noted the Burnley players had heard 'whispers' something may have been planned.

The company that operated the plane, Air Ads, is based in Stockport and flies from Blackpool Airport.

But it emerged yesterday the airport had suspended flights operated by the company pending an investigation.

One of its former directors, Alan Elliott, was fined £2,000 in 2017 for flying 400ft from Goodison Park after being paid by an Everton fan to display a sign emblazoned with 'Thank you Mr Kenwright' in support of the club chairman.

Under the Air Navigation Order 2009, aircraft are not allowed to fly over a congested area at a height lower than 1,000ft within a 600-yard radius of the highest obstacle.

It appears that threshold was not crossed during the stunt - meaning the flight itself was not a crime.

A former pilot at Blackpool Airport claimed they knew the pilot at Air Ads and confirmed the firm used to be run by Alan Elliot, who died a few weeks ago.

The pilot, who did not wish to be named, told Sky News the banners are made to order and the flights cost around £700, with pilots taking around £100 per flight.

He added: 'We would assume whoever paid for the banner would get done for it.'

Air Ads was involved in a crash on July 18, 2010, when the pilot wrote off a plane by mistakenly revving up the engine while taxiing on the runway and slammed into a hangar.

The pilot, who was not named in an incident report, escaped uninjured.

Air Ads Ltd has been involved in several other high-profile publicity stunts, including flying a banner over Burnley's Turf Moor stadium reading 'Go Clarets' for a local newspaper and advertising a marriage proposal.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EXCLUSIVE 'I'm no racist, I'd do it all again': Defiant

Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:EXCLUSIVE 'I'm no racist, I'd do it all again': Defiant Burnley fan behind White Lives Matter banner reveals 60 people organised stunt and claimed police told him he wouldn't be charged - but offered him PROTECTION

The 24-year-old from Colne, near Burnley, insisted to MailOnline: 'I'm not racist'

He said the police offered him protection should he or his family face any threats

Said the backlash to stunt was 'a total overreaction' and 'blown out of proportion'

Wednesday 24 June 2020

The Burnley football fan behind the White Lives Matter banner above the Etihad stadium has claimed he is not racist and would do it all again.

Jake Hepple, who posted a video of the stunt online and has used the P*** word on Facebook and Twitter, admitted he sometimes gets 'a bit drunk and coked up and uses offensive language'.

But the 24-year-old from Colne, near Burnley, insisted to MailOnline: 'I'm not racist. I know people are trying to make out to be one but I'm not.

'We were not trying to offend the movement or black people. I believe that it's also important to acknowledge that white lives matter too. That's all we were trying to say.'

Mr Hepple said police visited him at home on Tuesday night to tell him he would not face criminal charges.

He said they also offered him protection should he or his family face threats in the future as a result of the banner.

He added: 'The police told me that I haven't committed any crime and haven't done anything wrong.

'In fact, they asked me if I was OK and wanted any protection, just in case people try to target me.

'I don't understand why I'm being treated like a criminal and believe that there has been a total over reaction to what happened. Everything has been blown out of proportion, it's ridiculous.'

Mr Hepple claimed responsibility for the pre-match stunt on Monday and wrote on Facebook: 'I'd like to take this time to apologise... to absolutely f***ing nobody!'

The Suicide Squad, a group of far-right Burnley fans, are believed to have crowdfunded the flight and its message 'White Lives Matter Burnley', which flew over the stadium just after Manchester City and Burnley FC players had taken the knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.

Lancashire Police yesterday confirmed Mr Hepple, who has posted in support of the EDL and has been pictured with its former leader, Tommy Robinson, had not been found to have committed a criminal offence.

Lancashire Police said they found no criminal offence had been committed after Monday night's incident.

Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 - A person is guilty of an offence if they 'use threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour' or 'displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [or abusive].'

Air Navigation Order 2009 - This makes it an offence to fly over a congested area at a height lower than 1,000ft. It does not appear this happened in Monday night's incident.

Chief superintendent Russ Procter said: 'Lancashire Constabulary has been in liaison with Greater Manchester Police, the Aviation Authority and the Crown Prosecution Service regards the 'White Lives Matter' banner that was flown over the Etihad Stadium.

'After assessing all the information available surrounding this incident we have concluded that there are no criminal offences that have been disclosed at this time.

'We will continue to work with our partners at the football club and within the local authority.'

Despite this Mr Hepple's employer, an engineering company in Burnley called Paradigm Precision, said they were looking into his conduct and would announce any action soon.

Blackpool Airport, which was used by the plane, announced it had suspended all banner towing operations 'with immediate effect' and said it 'did not condone' the message.

Mr Hepple posted an image of the plane on Facebook on Monday and wrote: 'I'd like to take this time to apologise... to absolutely f***ing nobody!

'It's now apparently racist to say White Lives Matter, the day after three white people got murdered in a park in Reading, but all we've seen on the TV is Black Lives Matter after George Floyd got murdered. What a mad world we live in.'

His stunt led to outrage and has been widely condemned, with Burnley captain Ben Mee saying he was 'shamed and embarrassed'.

Speaking after the match, which his side lost 5-0, he noted the Burnley players had heard 'whispers' something may have been planned.

The company that operated the plane, Air Ads, is based in Stockport and flies from Blackpool Airport.

But it emerged yesterday the airport had suspended flights operated by the company pending an investigation.

One of its former directors, Alan Elliott, was fined £2,000 in 2017 for flying 400ft from Goodison Park after being paid by an Everton fan to display a sign emblazoned with 'Thank you Mr Kenwright' in support of the club chairman.

Under the Air Navigation Order 2009, aircraft are not allowed to fly over a congested area at a height lower than 1,000ft within a 600-yard radius of the highest obstacle.

It appears that threshold was not crossed during the stunt - meaning the flight itself was not a crime.

A former pilot at Blackpool Airport claimed they knew the pilot at Air Ads and confirmed the firm used to be run by Alan Elliot, who died a few weeks ago.

The pilot, who did not wish to be named, told Sky News the banners are made to order and the flights cost around £700, with pilots taking around £100 per flight.

Air Ads was involved in a crash on July 18, 2010, when the pilot wrote off a plane by mistakenly revving up the engine while taxiing on the runway and slammed into a hangar.

Air Ads Ltd has been involved in several other high-profile publicity stunts, including flying a banner over Burnley's Turf Moor stadium reading 'Go Clarets' for a local newspaper and advertising a marriage proposal.

He's, a fascist loves Hitler
See photo here all the brave people who gave their lives for wankers like him.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... stunt.html

Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:02 pm

He isn’t racist Annis but the MSM will tell the public that he is and many will lap it up. But he is being made an example of now to stop others going against the new order being bought in. Everything they are doing now is to slowly condition us to thinking the reason they are doing everything is to protect us and for our own good.
God they even had people thinking locking yourself in your own homes and not seeing there own family was for there own good. Once they realised they could get away with that whatever else they say the people will follow.
Conditioned people will believe anything. North Korea’s population believe that Kim Yong un won 12 gold medals at the Olympics ffs. We are on that rocky road now unless the Nation wakes the f**k up.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:20 am

stickywicket wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:EXCLUSIVE 'I'm no racist, I'd do it all again': Defiant Burnley fan behind White Lives Matter banner reveals 60 people organised stunt and claimed police told him he wouldn't be charged - but offered him PROTECTION

Wednesday 24 June 2020

He's, a fascist loves Hitler
See photo here all the brave people who gave their lives for wankers like him.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... stunt.html

nah they fought for this lot..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... atter.html

ffs yesterday you wanted the enemies within interned...

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:24 am

He has just been sacked from his job. Had he replaced the word Black for White he would probably have been promoted. The control the intolerant "liberal" way of thinking now has over our lives is getting very frightening.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:00 am

JJ1927 wrote:He has just been sacked from his job. Had he replaced the word Black for White he would probably have been promoted. The control the intolerant "liberal" way of thinking now has over our lives is getting very frightening.

I agree he did-not commit any criminal offence and is entitled to his opinion under freedom of speech, I just wish the banner had said "both white & black lives matter" with no reference to Burnley (he can't speak on behalf of the club or town).

It would have been interesting to see the media's (& Burnley FC) reaction.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:05 am

BLM ploy to divide is working well

This man was not prosecuted,

What the f**k has he actually done wrong to lose his job??

I'm a pretty laid back guy but this makes my blood boil, imagine how the far right feel now.

Next the far right will kick off

Then the division becomes wider

This will not end well.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:21 am

Citysince72 wrote:BLM ploy to divide is working well

This man was not prosecuted,

What the f**k has he actually done wrong to lose his job??

I'm a pretty laid back guy but this makes my blood boil, imagine how the far right feel now.

Next the far right will kick off

Then the division becomes wider

This will not end well.

Yep going exactly to the plan of the elites. Quicker that witch Clinton gets sent to prison the better. Not long now before she goes on trial

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:58 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:He has just been sacked from his job. Had he replaced the word Black for White he would probably have been promoted. The control the intolerant "liberal" way of thinking now has over our lives is getting very frightening.

I agree he did-not commit any criminal offence and is entitled to his opinion under freedom of speech, I just wish the banner had said "both white & black lives matter" with no reference to Burnley (he can't speak on behalf of the club or town).

Agree with you on that. Just putting "white" played into their hands.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I agree but have to say there were plenty lining up to talk for the club/town who are not even from Burnley...