Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fans back in stadiums?

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:07 pm

When will we back? Doesn't seem to of been a spike from the protests and a lot of evidence saying the virus doesn't spread very well in the open air. Most concourse areas have high ceilings with plenty of ventilation. Hopefully for the start of next season?

Re: Fans back in stadiums

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:33 pm

Pencoed wrote:When will we back? Doesn't seem to of been a spike from the protests and a lot of evidence saying the virus doesn't spread very well in the open air. Most concourse areas have high ceilings with plenty of ventilation. Hopefully for the start of next season?

Hopefully soon

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:46 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pencoed wrote:When will we back? Doesn't seem to of been a spike from the protests and a lot of evidence saying the virus doesn't spread very well in the open air. Most concourse areas have high ceilings with plenty of ventilation. Hopefully for the start of next season?

Hopefully soon

I think it may be sooner than initially thought.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:17 am

The First Minister for Wales has said that he'll soon start thinking about giving some consideration to looking into the possibility of allowing fans back into stadiums and he hopes that perhaps he may be possibly able to say something positive at the briefing scheduled for 2023.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:53 am

EFL have already said fans can return to the stadium in September. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:40 am

Sam ReaN wrote:EFL have already said fans can return to the stadium in September. :ayatollah:

No they haven't. Why are you lying?

They have said they'd "hope" that is the case.

In any case, it won't be at full capacity for a while. Likely to be done in stages with, hopefully, clubs allowed to fill 25% of their stadiums by the end of this calendar year.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 pm

No chance for a long time.

An office of 100 people can only operate at about 30% capacity at the moment, you seen what it's like under those stands?

I don't think fans will be back in stadiums untill there's a vaccination.

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:00 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Hopefully soon

I think it may be sooner than initially thought.

I really hope so..

Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:27 am

RV Casual wrote:No chance for a long time.

An office of 100 people can only operate at about 30% capacity at the moment, you seen what it's like under those stands?

THIS and many of our older fans especially those with underlying health conditions may take some convincing that until there IS a vaccine it's gonna be too risky to attend pubs and stadiums.

Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

TERRYB wrote:
RV Casual wrote:No chance for a long time.

THIS and many of our older fans especially those with underlying health conditions may take some convincing that until there IS a vaccine it's gonna be too risky to attend pubs and stadiums.

that's how it has to go mate.. if your concerned.. stay away...

Re: Fans back in stadiums?

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm

The thing is, the one meter + rule isn't going away anytime soon, probably not untill there's a vaccine or it fizzles out which next spring seemed to be mooted for both.

Based on that you would be lucky to get 3-4000 in a 33,000 seater stadium spread out, getting a ticket will be like something out of Charlie and the chocolate factory

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:26 pm

RV Casual wrote:The thing is, the one meter + rule isn't going away anytime soon, probably not untill there's a vaccine or it fizzles out which next spring seemed to be mooted for both.

Based on that you would be lucky to get 3-4000 in a 33,000 seater stadium spread out, getting a ticket will be like something out of Charlie and the chocolate factory

once pubs and airports start to open and operate the 1 meter will be gone.. governments having blown their economies are obviously looking to be cautious walking this back ,but walking it back they all have , easing lockdowns when daily infections and daily deaths are far higher than at the point they announced lock downs ? its going to be public led ,give an inch and they will take a mile ..which is exactly whats happening... the protests, celebrations, beaches . raves . but not allowed to go to football ? nah come September I don't see any government can justify a stadium ban when so many are already in large gatherings
will add I really fear what might happen if a worse / really bad virus comes along like has happened in the past..

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 pm

skidemin wrote:
RV Casual wrote:The thing is, the one meter + rule isn't going away anytime soon, probably not untill there's a vaccine or it fizzles out which next spring seemed to be mooted for both.

once pubs and airports start to open and operate the 1 meter will be gone.. governments having blown their economies are obviously looking to be cautious walking this back ,but walking it back they all have , easing lockdowns when daily infections and daily deaths are far higher than at the point they announced lock downs ? its going to be public led ,give an inch and they will take a mile ..which is exactly whats happening... the protests, celebrations, beaches . raves . but not allowed to go to football ? nah come September I don't see any government can justify a stadium ban when so many are already in large gatherings
will add I really fear what might happen if a worse / really bad virus comes along like has happened in the past..

Time will tell mate. The problem is the football season will start just before we go into Autumn/Winter which is when the virus has most chance of thriving again.

I think we are being given these freedoms to give us something before the Winter, but large gathering like sports matches/concerts I would be absolutely amazed if people are back at them this year having listened to what Chris Witty avd Patrick Vallance said the other day.

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:54 pm

RV Casual wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Time will tell mate. The problem is the football season will start just before we go into Autumn/Winter which is when the virus has most chance of thriving again.

I think we are being given these freedoms to give us something before the Winter, but large gathering like sports matches/concerts I would be absolutely amazed if people are back at them this year having listened to what Chris Witty avd Patrick Vallance said the other day.

having locked people down and trashing the economy they can not be anything but sound cautious...

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:55 pm

Holland were planing on getting fans in September - But with social distance and No Singing .

Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:29 pm

skidemin wrote:

Except in Wales.

We'll be absolutely fine - Drakeford not planning on easing lockdown for another few years