Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Incredible / Shocking “

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Not fake news

Sky News / BBC New etc

So all the beaches are open in the UK, the virus still at large big time

Bournemouth beach so over crowded and and rubbish dumped , left everywhere and beaches having to closed.

Then on another beach young children and women there, whilst up to 200 people fight around them. Today .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Incredible / Shocking “

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:18 pm

Unbelievable
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:19 pm

More shocking

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Extra police patrols brought into Bournemouth

As Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole council said it had no choice but to declare a major incident after thousands have flooded to its beaches, extra police patrols have been brought in and security is in place to protect refuse crews who the council said faced "widespread abuse and intimidation" as they emptied overflowing bins.

Thirty-three tonnes of waste was cleaned up along the full stretch of coastline on Thursday morning, in addition to eight tonnes collected between the piers on Wednesday.

The council said there had been "a number of incidents reported which involved excessive alcohol and fights".

Roads, which were gridlocked into the early hours, according to the council, now have signs telling people the area is full.

Council Leader Vikki Slade said the popular tourist destination is not yet in a position to deal with the numbers of visitors it has had this week, nor to handle the fallout from such large crowds.

She said: "Please do not come. We are not able to welcome you yet."

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Incredible

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Bournemouth residents react with anger as thousands travel to beaches

Residents in Bournemouth have reacted with anger towards the people who ignored advice to stay away and traveled to Bournemouth Beach to enjoy the weather, causing Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (BCP) Council to declare a major incident.

Kaz Lewis told the Bournemouth Echo: ""I am disgusted. Care homes are not able to open because of this. The mental health of the elderly is damaged further because they can’t see their loved ones. People are actually incapable of seeing past their own selfish selves. Clapping NHS and then doing this. Come speak to my family and find out the costs of this behaviour on us, I’ll tell you exactly the impact this is having."

Andrew Michael Williams told the paper: "I couldn’t think of anything worse, I just cannot see the attraction of sitting on a beach with thousands of people blocking the view, with the relentless noise. I think I’ll stay home and stay safe."

Gillian Latimer added: "So sad to see, especially for all NHS workers who have battled so hard to save lives. They should hang their heads in shame, we will get a second spike unfortunately."

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:57 pm

The issue is for the first time in probably 70 years we have nearly the whole country at home and nobody abroad. Most people are furloughed from work so have plenty of time on there hands. Kids are off school. People have spare money as they have not been able to spend it with shops shut and it's coupled with a 30 degree heatwave and the government relaxing lockdown after three months.

It was always going to go wrong the seaside towns in this country can't take that much traffic .

In normal times Probably a quarter of those people today would have been abroad, another quarter in work and school and the rest would have been manageable.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:00 pm

thomasblue wrote:The issue is for the first time in probably 70 years we have nearly the whole country at home and nobody abroad. Most people are furloughed from work so have plenty of time on there hands. Kids are off school. People have spare money as they have not been able to spend it with shops shut and it's coupled with a 30 degree heatwave and the government relaxing lockdown after three months.

It was always going to go wrong the seaside towns in this country can't take that much traffic .

In normal times Probably a quarter of those people today would have been abroad, another quarter in work and school and the rest would have been manageable.

YES... there is no real answer , its not like people are deciding collectively and probably would much prefer the beaches less busy when they get there... and our climate don't help either.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:23 pm

What sort of parents would do that. Brainless tw**ism is now a national pastime it seems..

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Jeez, regardless of covid that would be my worse nightmare!

Spent a lovely couple of hours down at Lavernock today. A nature reserve, cliff walks and rocky beach, I saw about 8 people in all.

To be be fair though these idiots have probably seen all the black protesters gathering in their thousands around the country and thought f**k it!

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:33 pm

IT has now reached the stage where it's up to the vulnerable to isolate themselves and let the rest of us get on with life. If you don't want to go to the beach don't go but stop whining about people that do.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:34 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Jeez, regardless of covid that would be my worse nightmare!

Spent a lovely couple of hours down at Lavernock today. A nature reserve, cliff walks and rocky beach, I saw about 8 people in all.

To be be fair though these idiots have probably seen all the black protesters gathering in their thousands around the country and thought f**k it!

That's interesting because I was in Torbay and it was quiet aswell.

Maybe it depends on the area , I seem to remember Bournemouth was one of the places that was always in the pictures for floating lockdown laws . Maybe it's just certain areas where the people dont care.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:36 pm

If any of them catch it and go to Hospital, refuse them entry and send them home and tell them to self isolate for 6 weeks. Let their families look after them.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:If any of them catch it and go to Hospital, refuse them entry and send them home and tell them to self isolate for 6 weeks. Let their families look after them.

yep a head to toe sand inspection while you die.. and if you happen to be a builder...tough luck..

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:17 pm

Imagine fining these inconsiderate scumbags the proposed 60 notes each...half a million fines at £60 a pop.

Not gonna happen

Let's hope they all die before passing on this KILLER

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:27 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Imagine fining these inconsiderate scumbags the proposed 60 notes each...half a million fines at £60 a pop.

Not gonna happen

Let's hope they all die before passing on this KILLER

waw

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:59 pm

UK government 'has powers to close beaches'

Health Secretary Matt Hancock says the UK government has powers to close public areas like beaches if social distancing rules are not being observed.

Earlier today, a major incident was declared in Bournemouth after thousands of people flocked to the Dorset coast.

Mr Hancock told TalkRadio he was "reluctant" to close public areas "because people have had a pretty tough lockdown", but he added: "We do have those powers - and if we see a spike in the number of cases, then we will take action."

He said: "Everybody should be able to enjoy the sunshine. The key is to do it with respect. Stay with your households. Stay a good distance from other households."

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:04 pm

This was inevitable.Three months of restrictions nowhere to go and a hysterical press.Where do these people go in 32 degree heat? Lock themselves in ? Well it is not going to happen and since Cummings, forget it.The Police have a totally impossible job.
We have half wits in control of the UK and Wales.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:19 pm

Beautiful day indeed. Let's go to the beach and take the kids with us.

Total disregard for the killer amongst us.

Drain on society.

Odds on they'll be the FIRST bleating about death amongst them.

Idiots

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:30 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:This was inevitable.Three months of restrictions nowhere to go and a hysterical press.Where do these people go in 32 degree heat? Lock themselves in ? Well it is not going to happen and since Cummings, forget it.The Police have a totally impossible job.
We have half wits in control of the UK and Wales.

and since cummings...jeez, get real I doubt antone went and drove 200 miles and did not meet anyone due to that.....a hand full of far left loons moaned, ...weve had 4 weeks of tens of thousands protesting

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:48 pm

thomasblue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Jeez, regardless of covid that would be my worse nightmare!

Maybe it depends on the area , I seem to remember Bournemouth was one of the places that was always in the pictures for floating lockdown laws . Maybe it's just certain areas where the people dont care.

Im in the area and I care, not been anywhere near Bournemouth beach for weeks. Don't state lockdown is being flaunted and people locally don't care. Lots of sensible people down here are being brushed with a Covidiot flag by a mixture of locals on furlough or just being dossers plus we have an influx of volume that the place can't cope with. Stay safe.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:51 pm

Crop dusting plane with paint.

Then arrest and fine/imprison the guilty.

Cash cow even better than speed cameras.

Or crop dust them with cyanide.

Vote for me :)

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:02 pm

It's the locals I feel sorry for.

I have some very good friends living in the area and most of these f**k wits are coming from the outside.

Most of the locals know the quiet places to go thankfully and can avoid aforementioned f**k wits.

The thought of them spreading covid though and therefore putting my friends at risks really pisses me off, if you want to be a tw*t do it in your own boundaries, ie your house and garden.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:18 pm

RV Casual wrote:It's the locals I feel sorry for.

I have some very good friends living in the area and most of these f**k wits are coming from the outside.

Most of the locals know the quiet places to go thankfully and can avoid aforementioned f**k wits.

The thought of them spreading covid though and therefore putting my friends at risks really pisses me off, if you want to be a tw*t do it in your own boundaries, ie your house and garden.

Great post mate, I'm one of the locals and won't even entertain being there, and yes I know nicer and safer places, stay safe.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:

Im in the area and I care, not been anywhere near Bournemouth beach for weeks. Don't state lockdown is being flaunted and people locally don't care. Lots of sensible people down here are being brushed with a Covidiot flag by a mixture of locals on furlough or just being dossers plus we have an influx of volume that the place can't cope with. Stay safe.

Bournemouth has been constantly pictured right throughout this pandemic. It's not just this weekend and it's not just people from outside. Bournemouth and the surrounding area obviously has a big problem with people not taking this seriously. Yes a lot of people do comply like yourself but it's quite obvious the vast majority are not too bothered.

You say dont state it , I dont have to it's obvious that the area has a big issue with complying with lockdown.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:50 pm

The UK's chief medical adviser, Prof Chris Whitty, has warned people to follow social distancing guidance while enjoying the sun, or Covid-19 cases "will rise again"

His remarks come after a major incident was declared in Bournemouth where thousands of people flocked to the Dorset coast

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:51 pm

Rail union demands Government 'get a grip' after chaos in Bournemouth

Rail union RMT has demanded that the Government "get a grip" following the chaotic scenes today in Bournemouth.

Mick Lynch, the union's assistant general secretary, said: “RMT has warned repeatedly that the confused and conflicted messaging from Government risked unleashing chaos on our transport services with social distancing a physical impossibility.

“That is exactly what has happened in Bournemouth and other coastal resorts with potentially lethal consequences.

“The Government message that we are back to business as usual is at the heart of today's major incident.

“It is our members at the sharp end on the coastal rail services and it is appalling that their health and livelihoods are being ‎put on the line.

“The Government need to get a grip and work with the whole industry on safe methods of control and access."

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:08 pm

Amazing how stupid people are. I’ve just come back from Pembrokeshire where I spent two days working on my house to get it ready for the deluge of guests on july 13. Half a mile from the beach which I heard was also pretty busy, did I go and join them?
Didn’t even cross my mind to be honest, even when it’s 80 degrees and I’m sweating my tits off.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:15 pm

the government had set the precedent by letting thousands of people gather for BLM and now everyones guna follow suit.

You can't put you're cause before the health of others.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:17 pm

The streets of LIVERPOOL Will be out in force tonight ;)