Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Goals by substitutes

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Watching the Brentford v West Brom match on Sky.

Stat just came up saying we have the joint highest number of goals from substitutes, with 13 of our goals coming from substitutes.

Impressive.

Re: Goals by substitutes

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:39 pm

Add another two.. :bluescarf:

Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Harris is using the subs well. I've always said Tomlin is a last 30 minute impact player rather than a starter. Add NML and Glatzel to that list too.

Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:23 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Harris is using the subs well. I've always said Tomlin is a last 30 minute impact player rather than a starter. Add NML and Glatzel to that list too.

I certainly wouldn't change things now as its obviously working and it gives us better options to change a game if need to.. probably use subs a bit earlier but thats it

Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:47 pm

Harris is certainly changing opinions of the fans.
He is doing a lot better than expected but he was always going to have a rough ride following Warnocks success here.

The football is getting better to watch aswell which is credit to him especially with his tactics using these impact subs

Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:42 pm

If Harris gets us promotion this season in my book he overtakes Malky and Warnock getting promotion in his first season?

Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:16 pm

Let's not forget harris himself was a fantastic goal scorer in a poor team living off scraps for opportunities. Prior to lockdown his record belied the stick he was getting on here as a man doing a great job with humility