Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: celtic haters

Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Lyrics to Little Boy Soldiers :
Its funny how you never knew what my name was,
Our only contact was a form for the election.

These days I find that you don't listen,
These days I find that we're out of touch,
These days I find that I'm too busy,
So why the attention now you want my assistance -
What have you done for me.

You've gone and got yourself in trouble,
No you want me to help you out.

These days I find that I can't be bothered,
These days I find that its all too much,
To pick up a gun and shoot a stranger,
But I've got no choice so here I comewar games.

I'm up on the hills, playing little boy soldiers,
Reconnaissance duty up at 5:30.
Shoot shoot shoot and kill the natives,
You're one of us and we love you for that.

Think of honour, Queen and country,
You're a blessed son of the British Empire,
God's on our side and so is Washington.

Come out on the hills with the little boy soldiers.

Come on outsideI'll sing you a lullaby,
Or tell a tale of how goodness prevailed.

We ruled the worldwe killed and robbed,
The f*cking lotbut we don't feel bad.

It was done beneath the flag of democracy,
You'll believe and I do yes I do yes I do -
yes I do

These days I find that I can't be bothered,
To argue withthem well what's the point,
Better to take your shots and drop down dead,
then they send you home in a pine overcoat

With a letter to your mum

Saying find enclosed one sonone medal and a note -
to say he won

Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:42 am

alfie sherwood wrote:It baffles me that at CCFC we have a small loyalist element amongst our support. I find it bizarre, I think we're better than that.

Leave all of that loyalist/far right shit to the six fingered lot futher west down the M4.

I am not a particularly nationalistic person full stop and also have absolutely no time for Celtic fans that chant pro-IRA stuff and interrupt minutes silences for fallen troops but I can understand some Celtic fans being less than enthuastic about the British military. The British army/government have historically behaved pretty badly on the island of Ireland so resentment is hardly surprising.

I'm not a particular Celtic fan but give me Celtic over Glasgow Rangers anyday of the week.

To me large elements of Rangers support consist of the worst sort of British bigot. I'd go as far as to say that I dislike them even more than Swansea. A vile club supported by the most odious set of fans that I've come across.

By the way, those South Wales based Rangers fans who casually bandy about the slogan 'WE ARE THE PEOPLE' be aware that it has it's origins in the North of Ireland. It was originally chanted by bigoted protestants who felt it was right and fair to deny their catholic neighbours the fundamental right to vote through gerrymandering. NIce people.

Absolutely agree with you there mate...thankfully they are a tiny few among our support....people looking to politicise sport.
Trying to get an angle on the N Ireland situation...when the only people to truly understand whats going on there are the N Ireland people themselves (both sides of the divide)...not some herbert from Tylerstown or Gabalfa or Pontycymmer!
Leave it to the fek wits down West!

Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:52 pm

out of all the posts on this subject, theres 3 people that i totally agree with and thats hofmeister, alfie sherwood and bracklablue72. the MAIN thing for me is cardiff city football club but i would prefer celtic to rangers. although theres idiots for both teams, as i found out for myself when celtic played inter cardiff at ninian years ago. this is a CARDIFF CITY forum so lets just keep it that way! Blooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:45 pm

maesteg bluebird wrote:out of all the posts on this subject, theres 3 people that i totally agree with and thats hofmeister, alfie sherwood and bracklablue72. the MAIN thing for me is cardiff city football club but i would prefer celtic to rangers. although theres idiots for both teams, as i found out for myself when celtic played inter cardiff at ninian years ago. this is a CARDIFF CITY forum so lets just keep it that way! Blooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree :ayatollah:

I Don't think all of the budding Ian Paisley's who've contributed to this thread will agree though.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:58 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:
maesteg bluebird wrote:out of all the posts on this subject, theres 3 people that i totally agree with and thats hofmeister, alfie sherwood and bracklablue72. the MAIN thing for me is cardiff city football club but i would prefer celtic to rangers. although theres idiots for both teams, as i found out for myself when celtic played inter cardiff at ninian years ago. this is a CARDIFF CITY forum so lets just keep it that way! Blooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Don't think all of the budding Ian Paisley's who've contributed to this thread will agree though.

:ayatollah: I know. dragging the army and union flag and British passports into it has kind of missed the fekin point a bit! Footballs a game of rivalry and passion...and this is a Cardiff City site I thought :?

Cardiff City FC [color=#FF0000]Wales [color=#800080] and I DON't GIVE a FEK ABOUT ANYONE ELSE :ayatollah: [/color][/color]

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 pm

BracklaBlue72 wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:

:ayatollah: I know. dragging the army and union flag and British passports into it has kind of missed the fekin point a bit! Footballs a game of rivalry and passion...and this is a Cardiff City site I thought :?

Cardiff City FC [color=#FF0000]Wales [color=#800080] and I DON't GIVE a FEK ABOUT ANYONE ELSE :ayatollah: [/color][/color]

The fact that you've commented on this subject kinda suggests you do care :lol:

I'm a Rangers fan aswell as City. Its nothing to do with religion. I know I made a joke about fenians, but I don't dislike catholics. I just dislike Celtic because its a given as a rangers fan and I don't like some of their fans because of their sick chants about british soldiers. Same as I don't like Rangers chants about the Irish famine.

But as far as I'm aware, many people dislike Celtic for chanting pro irish songs during a rememberance Sunday silence.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Cardiff City FC [color=#FF0000]Wales [color=#800080] and I DON't GIVE a FEK ABOUT ANYONE ELSE :ayatollah: [/color][/color][/quote]

The fact that you've commented on this subject kinda suggests you do care :lol:

I'm a Rangers fan aswell as City. Its nothing to do with religion. I know I made a joke about fenians, but I don't dislike catholics. I just dislike Celtic because its a given as a rangers fan and I don't like some of their fans because of their sick chants about british soldiers. Same as I don't like Rangers chants about the Irish famine.

But as far as I'm aware, many people dislike Celtic for chanting pro irish songs during a rememberance Sunday silence.[/quote]

But as you also rightly point out Rangers fans sing songs about the potato famine and the pope, equally inflammatory to those of an Irish persuasion.

Although Celtic fans spoiling a minutes silence for remembrance Sunday is contemptible imo, is it really any worse than Rangers fans singing about people of another religious persuasion dying of hunger ?

Look both clubs have bigoted scum amongst their support but the glorification of that bigotry from one or two Rangers fans in this thread is pathetic frankly. 'We are the people'...my arse. They need to understand what that simple 4 word statement really means and then get a bloody grip.