One Knee and arm up

A forum for all things Cardiff City

One Knee and arm up

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:50 am

Cardiff City players today
Attachments
EbhCw9-WkAIUkiP.jpeg
EbhCw9-WkAIUkiP.jpeg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 5831 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

One Knee and arm up

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: One Knee and arm up

Postby BLUEUSA » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:48 pm

This stupid taking a knee by football British players just goes to show the ignorance of the powers that be to allow it. Try doing it whilst God Save the Queen is being played and see the public outcry then, for it started in the USA by a black American Football player when the US National Anthem was being sung. Last I heard he was now a rich unemployed black man.
BLUEUSA

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 pm

Shows how times have changed? Black fist salute was used in an Olympics by black athletes and was not afforded such acclaim as it is now! In fact was condemned because it represented black power movement in USA.... time it was stopped here point as well and truly made..
pembroke allan

Postby JJ1927 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:02 pm

Spoiling the enjoyment of the game for me and I don't think the players realise the how many people are offended by it because if you watch Sky and BBC you would swear that the country is 99% in favour of the BLM and those 1% who aren't are racist.

Most people I have spoken to feel that the death of George Floyd was disgraceful but its gone too far and they could never be described as having any racist thoughts in them at all. But I suppose in the logic of the anti racist brigade the fact that they don't realise they are racist is racist itself. It becoming a frightening mix of 1984 and the cultural revolution in China with people slavishly obeying the party line and those who dare to raise criticism being shouted down by the mob.
JJ1927

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:06 pm

Its as if there must be something added each week , maybe 2 arms up, maybe both knees down etc.

If they want to do it - up to them.

As for UK Police - anyone know how many black men were killed by Police last year ?
Answer - 1 apparently - and that was the London Bridge Terrorist
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby skidemin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Shows how times have changed? Black fist salute was used in an Olympics by black athletes and was not afforded such acclaim as it is now! In fact was condemned because it represented black power movement in USA.... time it was stopped here point as well and truly made..

the fist , its a political symbol and now part of the official Premier league arm patch..
skidemin

Postby rumpo kid » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:23 pm

JJ1927 wrote:Spoiling the enjoyment of the game for me and I don't think the players realise the how many people are offended by it because if you watch Sky and BBC you would swear that the country is 99% in favour of the BLM and those 1% who aren't are racist.

Most people I have spoken to feel that the death of George Floyd was disgraceful but its gone too far and they could never be described as having any racist thoughts in them at all. But I suppose in the logic of the anti racist brigade the fact that they don't realise they are racist is racist itself. It becoming a frightening mix of 1984 and the cultural revolution in China with people slavishly obeying the party line and those who dare to raise criticism being shouted down by the mob.

It’s the opposite on here, and the thought police dont like it..
rumpo kid

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:05 pm

skidemin wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Shows how times have changed? Black fist salute was used in an Olympics by black athletes and was not afforded such acclaim as it is now! In fact was condemned because it represented black power movement in USA.... time it was stopped here point as well and truly made..

the fist , its a political symbol and now part of the official Premier league arm patch..

Maybe so but its origins are for black power movement (nationalists) in 1968 Olympics but guess that doesnt matter in today's ideological world.. :?
pembroke allan

Postby skidemin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Maybe so but its origins are for black power movement (nationalists) in 1968 Olympics but guess that doesnt matter in today's ideological world.. :?

yes.....thats where the political symbol bit of the sentence came from.
skidemin

Postby Citysince72 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 pm

I don't watch any game now till 10 minutes after the start

Its all gone f*cking pathetic

Fxck George Floyd
Fxck BLM

And keep this pathetic crap out of football.

How the fxck is it allowed??
Citysince72

Postby Foghorn65 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:19 pm

Should not be allowed. Ridiculous political posturing.
Foghorn65

Postby blue for you » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:39 pm

The black fist salute represents black power. It is not a symbol of equality, it’s a symbol of black power. This fist raise is racism in its purist visual form!
It is a disgusting visual symbol and I’m appalled that our players are doing it.
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

Postby jtc » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:56 pm

blue for you wrote:The black fist salute represents black power. It is not a symbol of equality, it’s a symbol of black power. This fist raise is racism in its purist visual form!
It is a disgusting visual symbol and I’m appalled that our players are doing it.

yes,it has nothing to do with equality.I haven't watched anymore than 10 minutes of the City v Arsenal game.I actually cancelled at lockdown but for some reason I still get 402 channel.Iv refused to watch it whilst they have a Marxist group emblazed all over their backs.If it was Unite against Racism then fair enough but BLM are a political organisation so it shouldn't be allowed.I look forward to the day the EPL allows the Tory party to sponser a team!
There must be footballers who don't fancy taking the knee but are frightened their career will perish if they refuse.Surely if James Mclean can be a Poppy Dodger then a player can opt out of this crap?
Even if a player/team are happy taking the knee what is going through the mind of a white footballer when He turns and sees His black teammate doing a black power salute?Surely its got to dawn on them that there is no equality in that?To me its taking the Pee out of people who are trying to stand in unison with the black players
jtc

Postby blue for you » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Totally agree Jtc
Unfortunately I believe that white players are simply bowing down to false media.
Most teams have more than 3% of non white players yet still complain that black people are not being fairly represented!
I’m truly disgusted that there was a small “thanks NHS” bade on the front of kits yet massive BLM on the backs combined with a kneel and a fist pump.
Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not talking about me
blue for you

Postby englishbluebird » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:26 pm

Totally agree with most points on here. Absolutely no place for this, especially after the fuss that was made over the poppy. The Cardiff City facebook group is full of left wing students calling everyone a bigot,racist or privileged if you don't agree with them. Where were they pre Minnesota riots?
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Postby skidemin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:58 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Totally agree with most points on here. Absolutely no place for this, especially after the fuss that was made over the poppy. The Cardiff City facebook group is full of left wing students calling everyone a bigot,racist or privileged if you don't agree with them. Where were they pre Minnesota riots?

well that must include hundreds of thousands of ordinary black law abiding citizens .. anyone that thinks your average black person who has a job a house and family wants a police less society and riots are on drugs.. these students are not pro black ..they are pro scumbag and anti normal people..
skidemin

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:56 am

Politics has not been Allowed in sport because of the divide it will cause. But now you are allowed if it conforms to certain agendas. Taking the knee to apologise for the past of white people is disgusting. Look at the BLM web page to realise what they really want and the black power sign is racist as the BLM movement.
I have not watched a single minute of football since this BS has started and I have not watched us either or looked for any result neither do I care if we win lose or draw whilst we have our players involved in political racist bull shit.
If politics is allowed why was that guy with white lives matter crucified ?
Where is UEFA and FIFAS strict no politics gone ? Exactly they are only doing this because the grounds are empty.
It is shocking and I will have nothing to do with football as long as this bullshit continues.
Our players doing the Black power fist pump are a disgrace to the club.
Nuclearblue

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:36 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Politics has not been Allowed in sport because of the divide it will cause. But now you are allowed if it conforms to certain agendas. Taking the knee to apologise for the past of white people is disgusting. Look at the BLM web page to realise what they really want and the black power sign is racist as the BLM movement.
I have not watched a single minute of football since this BS has started and I have not watched us either or looked for any result neither do I care if we win lose or draw whilst we have our players involved in political racist bull shit.
Where is UEFA and FIFAS strict no politics gone ? Exactly they are only doing this because the grounds are empty.
It is shocking and I will have nothing to do with football as long as this bullshit continues.

its gone past a few doing the black power fist... the prem have a badge with the fist on the shirts....
skidemin

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:18 am

skidemin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Politics has not been Allowed in sport because of the divide it will cause. But now you are allowed if it conforms to certain agendas. Taking the knee to apologise for the past of white people is disgusting. Look at the BLM web page to realise what they really want and the black power sign is racist as the BLM movement.

its gone past a few doing the black power fist... the prem have a badge with the fist on the shirts....

Exactly
79E3D49C-09CE-4E41-9AF8-026015F71350.jpeg
f**k em
79E3D49C-09CE-4E41-9AF8-026015F71350.jpeg (206.31 KiB) Viewed 4052 times
Nuclearblue

Postby Jock » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:27 am

Pira Power head of FARE an organisation set up “supposedly “ to promote equality in football is a Leftwing crank who’s stated he likes anti colonial songs. So yes politics are fine as long as they are the right (Left) politics.
Jock

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:00 am

I really don't mind, i have never grown up as a black kid, I don't know how they feel, perhaps they may feel they need to go one step further than their white team mates.

The suits at the premier league bought into, like the rest of the corporate world that they had to be ahead of the game and make some sort of gesture or statement. The problem they have is how do the prize the genie back into the bottle. My guess is they'll see out the season then try to phase it out at the start of the new season. The question is what happens if some players (black or not) do it at the start and other don't and the fans get restless.

The irony for me is the corporate sheen and synchronization of the gestures. To me, the players are following instruction. They represent the brand as ambassadors and that brand (the premier league and EFL) pays a lot of money and you don't rock the boat. These lads are footballers not politicians they are probably more worried how much their next contract is going to be worth in the current climate.

My guess is they'll be an increase in the premier league anti racism and get the refs to drift away from the pre match gesturing.
llan bluebird

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:45 am

llan bluebird wrote:I really don't mind, i have never grown up as a black kid, I don't know how they feel, perhaps they may feel they need to go one step further than their white team mates.

The suits at the premier league bought into, like the rest of the corporate world that they had to be ahead of the game and make some sort of gesture or statement. The problem they have is how do the prize the genie back into the bottle. My guess is they'll see out the season then try to phase it out at the start of the new season. The question is what happens if some players (black or not) do it at the start and other don't and the fans get restless.

The irony for me is the corporate sheen and synchronization of the gestures. To me, the players are following instruction. They represent the brand as ambassadors and that brand (the premier league and EFL) pays a lot of money and you don't rock the boat. These lads are footballers not politicians they are probably more worried how much their next contract is going to be worth in the current climate.

My guess is they'll be an increase in the premier league anti racism and get the refs to drift away from the pre match gesturing.

may feel...…..well there are plenty of stats that do not back it up. and most of the black players playing now have come through academies that are predominantly white boys, white coaches and were given 1st team chances ahead of white boys by white managers..
skidemin

Postby Pulisnewport » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:29 pm

It will disappear as quickly as it appeared.

Only a minority of the population together with some so called celebrities who when you check are earning their money from dubious sources but still continue to take the money. These celebrities are hypocrites and will be found out.

They are trying to divide the Country however they don’t understand that what ever ethnicity one is hard work, honesty, humility, the truth and judging people on the content of their character are strong values.

The silent majority hold these qualities and they can never over turn that.
Pulisnewport

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:40 pm

skidemin wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:I really don't mind, i have never grown up as a black kid, I don't know how they feel, perhaps they may feel they need to go one step further than their white team mates.

may feel...…..well there are plenty of stats that do not back it up. and most of the black players playing now have come through academies that are predominantly white boys, white coaches and were given 1st team chances ahead of white boys by white managers..

I don't believe the protest is primarily about football but wider society, making it a football issue does diminish the validity of any argument.

Professional football is the ultimate capitalist venture. If you are good enood enough and you can make us better you are in, whatever colour, ethnicity or culture. We have let convicted rapists and domestic abusers back into the "football family" if it is thought they may add value. Football management is a meritocracy although based on fads. There are loads of ex pro trying to make it into management but many just don't have anything different.

Back to the topic. BLM is happening and in their rush to be woke, the football authorities have open up a right pandora's box of potential issues.
llan bluebird

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:It will disappear as quickly as it appeared.

Only a minority of the population together with some so called celebrities who when you check are earning their money from dubious sources but still continue to take the money. These celebrities are hypocrites and will be found out.

They are trying to divide the Country however they don’t understand that what ever ethnicity one is hard work, honesty, humility, the truth and judging people on the content of their character are strong values.

The silent majority hold these qualities and they can never over turn that.

Spot on
llan bluebird

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:33 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I don't believe the protest is primarily about football but wider society, making it a football issue does diminish the validity of any argument.

Professional football is the ultimate capitalist venture. If you are good enood enough and you can make us better you are in, whatever colour, ethnicity or culture. We have let convicted rapists and domestic abusers back into the "football family" if it is thought they may add value. Football management is a meritocracy although based on fads. There are loads of ex pro trying to make it into management but many just don't have anything different.

Back to the topic. BLM is happening and in their rush to be woke, the football authorities have open up a right pandora's box of potential issues.

yes it does diminish the validity..
millionaire footballers, F1 drivers and world champion boxers really shouldn't be pushing themselves to the front as spokesmen that's for sure... especially when what they say doesn't hold water...
skidemin

Postby ion » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:50 pm

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years ,it's about time they stopped doing it now,I won't renew season ticket and I will walk away from the club if they carry on into next season doing it or have BLM on there shirts,I know a few others who will do the same, I'll say it again the actions of the police officer was wrong,but blm are a political tool and nearly 99 percent of the time if you don't brake the law you got nothing to worry about if you are black or white
ion

Postby Citysince72 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:26 pm

ion wrote:I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years ,it's about time they stopped doing it now,I won't renew season ticket and I will walk away from the club if they carry on into next season doing it or have BLM on there shirts,I know a few others who will do the same, I'll say it again the actions of the police officer was wrong,but blm are a political tool and nearly 99 percent of the time if you don't brake the law you got nothing to worry about if you are black or white

Thinking exactly the same,

All this nonsense has left a foul taste

Its so embarrassing and pathetic.
Citysince72

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:30 pm

Can only assume the PL are in favour of a Marxist state. If they’re not, then they’re making complete fools of blm, although that is a foolish statement in itself.
rumpo kid

Postby skidemin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:20 pm

ion wrote:I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years ,it's about time they stopped doing it now,I won't renew season ticket and I will walk away from the club if they carry on into next season doing it or have BLM on there shirts,I know a few others who will do the same, I'll say it again the actions of the police officer was wrong,but blm are a political tool and nearly 99 percent of the time if you don't brake the law you got nothing to worry about if you are black or white

i don't understand how its been allowed to get this far...yes its political. but the mask has slipped today ..

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b ... -dhp-feeds

was never about George Floyd , the shocking footage just presented the opportunist left wing loons something to attack democracy with...
skidemin

Next

Return to General Chat