Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL HARRIS: " ROBERT GLATZEL "

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:06 am

Neil Harris' high praise for Cardiff City goalscorer Robert Glatzel as selection dilemma looms ahead of Charlton clash

The German striker found the back of the net for the second time in as many weeks as the Bluebirds registered a tremendous 3-1 win over Preston

Sunday 28th June 2020

Cardiff City's in-form striker Robert Glatzel is the best finisher Neil Harris has ever worked with, the Bluebirds manager has revealed.

The German striker found the back of the net for the second time in as many weeks as the Bluebirds registered a tremendous 3-1 win over Preston.

Glatzel netted his seventh goal of the season on Saturday afternoon and now appears to have fully adjusted to the rigmarole of the Championship.

His wonder strike against Leeds United last weekend certainly caught the eye and another coolly taken finish to score his side's third goal against the Lilywhites has Bluebirds fans calling for him to play from the off in City's next fixture.

Harris has a number of selection dilemmas heading into Charlton on Tuesday, as he did ahead of the clash at Deepdale, but Glatzel must now be in real contention for a starting berth, having replaced Callum Paterson in each of City's last two matches.

And while Cardiff's two leading striker options have vastly different strengths, Glatzel does one key thing better than anyone Harris has seen before.

NEIL HARRIS:

"We are starting to see Robert bear the fruit of the work I have done with him over a period of time," Harris said after his side leapfrogged Preston into the play-off places.

"He has the mentality to be a success at Cardiff City and a Championship striker.

"His finishing is as good as anyone I have worked with as a player or a coach. He is that good of a finisher.

"It is just the all-round game, the robustness of the Championship, whether that's from the start or from the bench.

"But he is a hungry lad who wants to score goals.

"You look at him and think: 'He is a 6ft 3in striker, he's got to head it, put himself around.'

"He's a goalscorer. He's a finisher. He's a link player. And if we can get him competing with his all-round game then we have got a real player on our hands.

"I'm really pleased with him."

Bluebirds fans will hope Glatzel's arrow-like finishing continues over the course of the next seven games, with City's play-off fate now well and truly in their own hands.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL HARRIS: " ROBERT GLATZEL "

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:11 am

I must say he he looks good ,maybe the break did him good

Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:41 pm

I love Patterson for his commitment and ability to somehow be in the right place to score an easy goal. But Glatzel has to start. We signed Patterson as an attacking right back but he unfortunately he cant defend! Now Adamoah may be going back to Forest- no great loss in my opinion- now is the time to use Patterson as our back up right sided attacking wide man. He is quick once he gets into his running, strong and scores goals. Great player to bring on for NML if needed.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:02 pm

Patterson to soften them up
and Glatzel to finish them off

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:50 pm

Depends if any of our players have injuries but I can see him starting with yesterday’s four substitutes to get their fitness up and rest others! Maybe give Smith or Cunningham a game as Bennett was poor yesterday?

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:20 pm

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Patterson to soften them up

Sounds like a cunning plan

:)

Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Glatzel to start for me

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:42 pm

ROBERT GLATZEL FROM ARMENTIER PARLEZ VOUS ,ROBERT GLATZEL FROM ARMENTIER PARLEZ VOUS ,ROBERT GLATZEL FROM ARMENTIER SCORES A GOALS A PLENTY A INKY PINKY PARLEZ VOUS :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:26 pm

Shown glimpses of ability in every game he has played

Seemed to struggle with the psychical side of the game and looked a bit lightweight

Hopefully, he has now adjusted to the championship and can become a really decent striker. Only time will tell

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:46 pm

;)

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:47 pm

Patterson has been really isolated past two games. Our starting 11 has been less attacking. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we’ve looked much more threading when Tomlin and NML come. Gratzel has been the beneficiary. If we’re going to see the best of Gratzel, or any of our strikers, we also need to start Tomlin and NML. Otherwise whoever starts up top will struggle to get a a sniff of goal. Probably to early for Tomlin and NML to start so I can see us staying with what’s worked well the past two games.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Are you Harris in disguise?

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:42 am

Foghorn65 wrote:

Sounds like a cunning plan

:)