Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I was asked this, interesting?

Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:54 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
No, of course I wouldn’t. But I think you’re completely misinterpreting the BLM movement. It’s not there as a competition to decide who’s the superior race, it’s there to try and level the playing field. And your comment on white people in the U.K. dying in police custody is slightly incorrect. While there are more white people who have died in police custody in the U.K. in the last 10 years, the percentage of black people who have died in police custody is 8%. Considering the percentage of the U.K. population that is black is only 3%, that surely should raise some eyebrows as black people are twice as likely to die in police custody in this country. I’ve attached a link to an article from the BBC to back this claim rather than your wild conspiracy theories https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... p/52890363

One of the BLM declared goals is for funding given to police should be reduced or withdrawn, with the money redirected to community programmes. In other words Policing powers would be given to Community leaders to impose 'justice'. I personally would be very afraid of such an arrangement as corruption would be rife and harden criminals would soon gain influence and use it to further their criminal activities without any proper accountability.

As for your figures on deaths in custody you use an old age trick to twist the results. You are comparing 3% of the population against 85% of the population. This is not a valid comparison as one death will always have a disproportionate impact on the percentage figure of a low base (3%) against a much higher base (85%). A true reflection would be gained when the figures are closer to each other 40% & 60% for example.

So your claim that Black people are twice as likely to die in custody is very misleading as in all likelihood the same result would be obtain if the population was 3% white and 85% black.

The defund the police idea is primarily in the states where around 50% of a city’s budget goes towards police and defence. By reducing that you’d be able to fund healthcare projects, housing, transportation etc.

And as for my playing around in stats, I’ll put a simpler case study in there to help you understand the BLM movement as it’s not all about police brutality, but a lot of it has stemmed from that. Think of how many black footballers there have been and compare that to how many black managers we currently have. Would you agree that’s disproportionate?

yes the amount of black footballers is massively disproportionate .. I wanted to be a footballer..

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:21 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
No, of course I wouldn’t. But I think you’re completely misinterpreting the BLM movement. It’s not there as a competition to decide who’s the superior race, it’s there to try and level the playing field. And your comment on white people in the U.K. dying in police custody is slightly incorrect. While there are more white people who have died in police custody in the U.K. in the last 10 years, the percentage of black people who have died in police custody is 8%. Considering the percentage of the U.K. population that is black is only 3%, that surely should raise some eyebrows as black people are twice as likely to die in police custody in this country. I’ve attached a link to an article from the BBC to back this claim rather than your wild conspiracy theories https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... p/52890363

One of the BLM declared goals is for funding given to police should be reduced or withdrawn, with the money redirected to community programmes. In other words Policing powers would be given to Community leaders to impose 'justice'. I personally would be very afraid of such an arrangement as corruption would be rife and harden criminals would soon gain influence and use it to further their criminal activities without any proper accountability.

As for your figures on deaths in custody you use an old age trick to twist the results. You are comparing 3% of the population against 85% of the population. This is not a valid comparison as one death will always have a disproportionate impact on the percentage figure of a low base (3%) against a much higher base (85%). A true reflection would be gained when the figures are closer to each other 40% & 60% for example.

So your claim that Black people are twice as likely to die in custody is very misleading as in all likelihood the same result would be obtain if the population was 3% white and 85% black.

The defund the police idea is primarily in the states where around 50% of a city’s budget goes towards police and defence. By reducing that you’d be able to fund healthcare projects, housing, transportation etc.

And as for my playing around in stats, I’ll put a simpler case study in there to help you understand the BLM movement as it’s not all about police brutality, but a lot of it has stemmed from that. Think of how many black footballers there have been and compare that to how many black managers we currently have. Would you agree that’s disproportionate?

There aren't many Asian managers - for that matter there aren't many asian footballers - in the UK. The BLM movement also advocates the destruction of capitalism. Not sure our multi-millionaire PL footballers got the irony as they 'bended the knee '..

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:22 am

LaBamba wrote:
Stan_B wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Flipping it though mate, the Club may well have thought it would be a piss take to the fans.

Dont forget many have just donated their season ticket money to the Club.

I know a few clubs have done this and ultimately its each to their own but having thought about it I'm glad our club havnt done it as it would have just been another milking of the fans by a very wealthy industry.

Totally agree.

Until football shorts itself out with all this, BLM, political bullshxt I'm debating wether to renew or not after 27 (I think) years being a season ticket holder.

I love CCFC as much as anyone on this board, been to 76 different grounds in my 39 years, some many times over

But this pandering to the woke, BLM, fist pumping knee bending has left a sour taste in my mouth.

So you’d rather see black people get killed at the hands of the police than renew your season ticket?

You do realise that the kneeling is a subservience thing.

You do realise that the fist pump goes back to the the Black Panthers who were all about Black Supremacy.

You do realise that white people get killed by cops too.

You do realise that the cop who killed George Floyd was violent towards every colour.

You do realise that many more white people are killed by black people than black people are killed by white people. Given the percentages of both in the US clearly there is only one colour that is racist.

Support BLM if you want to continue to be an ignorant prick.

The kneeling is not a subservience thing at all. It was started by Colin Kaepernick a QB in the NFL. Initially he started by not standing for the national anthem but was told it was disrespectful. The marine suggested that he kneel as a hat tip to Martin Luther king etc kneeling at Selma.

The raised fist isnt a reference to the black panthers. The black Panthers took it from Owen's a sprinter who lifted his fist with a glove on at the olympics in 1936.

The point is that the black community is far more impoverished than any other community in the US. I read in the athletic today that the wealth of black people in the uk is 1/10th that of white people.

Crime obviously goes up with poverty, which the black community have in droves.

I'm not a lover for some of what BLM stand for and maybe it's not the right name to attach the protest to. But the point still stands that inequality is a massive issue and the general just of the protests are to bring atte tion to that.

Additionally - whilst George Floyd may of had a chequered past and was no role model. No one deserves to die on the basis of using a fake note to buy stuff down the shop.

Maybe educate yourself before you start calling others ignorant.

your last line is comedy gold...
you've read a couple of articles and taken them and then repeated chapter and verse... part of one was used in a very embarrassing { for the journo that had obviously wikied it and gone no further } interview with Rabb.. very naïve

Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:52 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

There aren't many Asian managers - for that matter there aren't many asian footballers - in the UK. The BLM movement also advocates the destruction of capitalism. Not sure our multi-millionaire PL footballers got the irony as they 'bended the knee '..

Yeah you’re right, that’s another thing that doesn’t seem to add up and there’s been a few programmes investigating the lack of British Asian footballers and if some of that is down to unequal opportunities.

As for BLM destroying capitalism, again I think you’re getting pulled away from the real focus of the movement. It’s there to address racism and lack of opportunities in every area of society. Whether that be an employer using their unconscious bias and employing someone who looks like them or the lack of CEOs and executives who are black.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:05 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Yeah you’re right, that’s another thing that doesn’t seem to add up and there’s been a few programmes investigating the lack of British Asian footballers and if some of that is down to unequal opportunities.

As for BLM destroying capitalism, again I think you’re getting pulled away from the real focus of the movement. It’s there to address racism and lack of opportunities in every area of society. Whether that be an employer using their unconscious bias and employing someone who looks like them or the lack of CEOs and executives who are black.

Floyd may have been carrying a dodgy note.

But maybe it was payback for the scum of a man he was for taking a knife to a pregnant women's stomach.

Have you ever thought Asian folk maybe just don't like football ?

Or they are just not very good?

Or is it just the white man who is bothered as the Asian folk I know detest football

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:23 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

the real focus...who are you their official spokesperson...?
people are posting what THEY { BLM } are saying... so who are you to say different , yesterday it was a pop at our government re Palestine which has nothing to do with George Floyd or police brutality ..

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

I think someone has only just heard of BLM. The liberals have jumped on board I think blinded not realising what a radical Marxist group they really are. Those that founded it are paid agitators that are told where to go and what to do. And them and Sntifa are linked always have been

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 am

Citysince72 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Floyd may have been carrying a dodgy note.

But maybe it was payback for the scum of a man he was for taking a knife to a pregnant women's stomach.

Have you ever thought Asian folk maybe just don't like football ?

Or they are just not very good?

Or is it just the white man who is bothered as the Asian folk I know detest football

The BLM movement is not just about George Floyd. It’s about people like Elijah McCain who was walking home when police beat and injected him with ketamine after receiving a call about a person in a ski mask. He went into cardiac arrest & died. McClain wore the mask due to his anaemia. This is what the protests are for, innocent black men being killed at the hands of the police as well as the systemic racism all around the globe

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:26 am

skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

people are posting what THEY { BLM } are saying... so who are you to say different , yesterday it was a pop at our government re Palestine which has nothing to do with George Floyd or police brutality ..

Skidemin

Good to luck trying to educate this one.

He's been brainwashed by the left, BLM marxist movement.

He is very blinkered and a lost cause I think.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:30 am

skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Probably because Palestinians have been treated as bad if not worse than black people in America and highlighting its a global issue and global struggle

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:34 am

Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

And by the sounds of it you’ve been blinded by the right and sound very insecure that white people may one day become a minority

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:37 am

Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

I do know... they start off pretending its some sort of spontaneous protest over the much watched video of George Floyds death .. and once they have the gullible on side { read a book by a Marxist which MUST therefore be true because its a book }. but it turns out the George Floyd death was just them being opportunistic to push a bunch of other left wing agendas.{don't really care about black lives unless one is accompanied by a video with white cops . which leaves the gullible ? either looking extremely gullible or having to make it up as they go like this fella... when the shapes don't fit the holes go buy some play-doh and make your own shapes that do fit.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:38 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

And by the sounds of it you’ve been blinded by the right and sound very insecure that white people may one day become a minority

I honestly couldn't give a dam if I was the only white man in the village lad

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:44 am

Citysince72 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

I honestly couldn't give a dam if I was the only white man in the village lad

Well you seem pretty triggered about black people taking a stance against the years of oppression they’ve faced. So much so you somehow turned a discussion about cardboard cutouts to be race related

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:47 am

JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

being able to recognise left wing agendas does not make people right wing or racist. .

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:13 pm

skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

being able to recognise left wing agendas does not make people right wing or racist. .

The left wings agenda to tackle racism?

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:27 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

The left wings agenda to tackle racism?

lets not pretend BLM is solely concerned about racism eh.... you might want to believe that { although deep down you probably know you've been had } .reality is black lives matter less to BLM than they do to joe public...which of course is the hook , most of us do care but we care about ALL lives , including ALL black lives not just the ones lost where there is footage. do this bunch give two hoots for the vast majority of law abiding hard working black people scared to go out for being put upon who want and support our police ..do they fck , its all about a nice juicy video and recruiting the not so sharp..

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:31 pm

So you believe BLM is an extremist group?

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:37 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
Jock wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Flipping it though mate, the Club may well have thought it would be a piss take to the fans.

Dont forget many have just donated their season ticket money to the Club.

I know a few clubs have done this and ultimately its each to their own but having thought about it I'm glad our club havnt done it as it would have just been another milking of the fans by a very wealthy industry.

Totally agree.

Until football shorts itself out with all this, BLM, political bullshxt I'm debating wether to renew or not after 27 (I think) years being a season ticket holder.

I love CCFC as much as anyone on this board, been to 76 different grounds in my 39 years, some many times over

But this pandering to the woke, BLM, fist pumping knee bending has left a sour taste in my mouth.

So you’d rather see black people get killed at the hands of the police than renew your season ticket?

Statistically in the U.K. white men are more likely to die in police custody than BAME people. So not sure why you’d post such a hysterical comment? BLM are a very well funded extreme Marxist group who’s STATED AIMS are to topple democratically elected Western governments and replace them with a totalitarian communist regime. You seem to have fallen for the, anyone not supporting these violent leftists must be a racist narrative. Would you still go to the CCS if players stood around the centre circle doing Nazi salutes?

BAME make up around 14% of U.K. population.
So what am I misinterpreting, BLMs whole ethos is to dismantle Western capitalism and replace it with a Communist System. Perhaps check their websites and what their leaders actually say, rather than believe anything on the farcically left BBC.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:So you believe BLM is an extremist group?

this this group started in the USA where they have a huge problem of Black people killed in shootings , mostly by black men and mostly where ordinary black people have to live in fear...if you do not see that as your paramount problem you've got no right to be calling yourselves BLM...but in answer yes. there are other agendas but defunding the police is extreme by anyones standards..

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:53 pm

Mate, if you think defunding the police is a radical idea wait until you hear what they did with healthcare

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:05 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:Mate, if you think defunding the police is a radical idea wait until you hear what they did with healthcare

you think no police is sensible ?
truth.. which you don't want to hear or think about, but here its is.. there are many ordinary black people more afraid of BLM than they have ever been of the police... what about those black lives...? the ones that are not druggy violent criminals..

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:01 am

skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:Mate, if you think defunding the police is a radical idea wait until you hear what they did with healthcare

truth.. which you don't want to hear or think about, but here its is.. there are many ordinary black people more afraid of BLM than they have ever been of the police... what about those black lives...? the ones that are not druggy violent criminals..

Of course no police is irresponsible but in the states where they’re funded like an army, you could use some of that capital to fund community projects, housing etc. Things which can help lift people out of poverty and avoid them having to turn to crime in the first place.

As for black people being more afraid of BLM than the police, I highly doubt this is the case

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:25 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Of course no police is irresponsible but in the states where they’re funded like an army, you could use some of that capital to fund community projects, housing etc. Things which can help lift people out of poverty and avoid them having to turn to crime in the first place.

As for black people being more afraid of BLM than the police, I highly doubt this is the case

you desperately need to do some research re your last sentence.. or just give it a moments thought.. have a look how many black people get innocently shot by black men , not talking about gun wielding gang members ,just ordinary people going about thei business.. its a much much bigger number than innocents shot by police...and..when their brother/mother/child gets shot who exactly do they expect to come and investigate / arrest / punish the shooter ?
so yes mate MOST black people are more afraid of a Marxist troublemaking defund the police outfit than they are the police who they ring to sort out their problems..... its not even close.....
as a side note ...senator Tim Carpenter got knocked unconscious having had his head kicked in by BLM.... he supports BLM and supports defunding the police...… guess who he rang first when he came around ?... clue it wasn't the ghostbusters...

Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:47 pm

Where are you seeing/hearing this? I think the consensus of black people is that they’d like to stop seeing innocent black men being killed by the police, but if you can show me something different I’m all ears.

All the things you just mentioned above just show why defunding the police is a good idea. By investing capital in other areas of society in order to reduce crime i.e. schemes to get people out of gangs and to crackdown on the use of firearms. The primary function of the police is to react to crime. If there was more money to set up schemes to essentially nip potential criminals in the bud, it’d be a more proactive approach to crime, and could potentially decrease all these awful things happening

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:52 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

The far left Marxists I believe is a form of mental illness

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

Being racist I believe is a criminal offence

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:21 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:
JoePowell97 wrote:

Skidemin

Being racist I believe is a criminal offence

Agreed and the players doing the Black Power fist pump should feel the full weight of the law as well don’t you agree ?

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Surprisingly I don’t agree. The raised fist and black power movement are about black empowerment and unity. Next you’ll be saying doing the ayotollah is racist as its Cardiff city fans claiming they’re the superior fan base. Get a grip you’re all starting to sound like snowflakes ;)

Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:28 pm

JoePowell97 wrote:Surprisingly I don’t agree. The raised fist and black power movement are about black empowerment and unity. Next you’ll be saying doing the ayotollah is racist as its Cardiff city fans claiming they’re the superior fan base. Get a grip you’re all starting to sound like snowflakes ;)

Black power of being Black supremacy.