Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" MALKY MACKAY "

Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:43 pm

BBC

Dundee United have been given permission to speak to Scottish FA performance director Malky Mackay about becoming their new head coach.

United are looking to replace Robbie Neilson who left for Hearts last week.

Former Cardiff City manager Mackay joined the SFA in December 2016 and was tasked with implementing the governing body's 'Project Brave' player development strategy.

Dundee United are preparing for their return to the Scottish Premiership.

However, their promotion is subject to a legal challenge by Hearts and Partick Thistle.

Mackay, 48, began his managerial career at Watford in 2008 after which came spells with Cardiff, who he steered to a League Cup final and promotion to the Premier League, and Wigan Athletic.

He took caretaker charge of the Scotland senior side for a 1-0 friendly defeat by the Netherlands in October 2017 after Gordon Strachan's departure.

Re: " MALKY MACKAY "

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:28 pm

Ned, I hope Malky gets the job and is left alone to get on with it and not hounded anymore by Tan.

GOOD LUCK TO MALKY :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:28 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=215757 :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ned, I hope Malky gets the job and is left alone to get on with it and not hounded anymore by Tan.

I hope Malky gets the job as well but why do you hate Tan so much!
He is without doubt our best ever owner in my 60 years of supporting our club!

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:55 pm

[quote][/quote]Ned, I hope Malky gets the job and is left alone to get on with it and not hounded anymore by Tan.

Do you seriously think after all this time Tan is still hounding Malky. Your dislike of Tan is obvious for all to see. You have not given him one ounce of credit for anything he has done for the club in his tenure. He has made good and bad decisions in his time here, thank god not everyone shares your opinion, because if they did I would not blame him if he did not put another penny into the club.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:44 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Ned, I hope Malky gets the job and is left alone to get on with it and not hounded anymore by Tan.

I hope Malky gets the job as well but why do you hate Tan so much!
He is without doubt our best ever owner in my 60 years of supporting our club!

Top up your Tan - if your not Shielding ;) :thumbup:

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Hell of a step down from Cardiff to Dundee Utd.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:09 pm

Jock wrote:Hell of a step down from Cardiff to Dundee Utd.

Not if you're familiar with their history Jock, which I'm sure you are. Reaching the semi final of the European Cup in 1984 and the final of the UEFA Cup in 1987, knocking out Barcelona on the way is none too shabby.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:28 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:

Not if you're familiar with their history Jock, which I'm sure you are. Reaching the semi final of the European Cup in 1984 and the final of the UEFA Cup in 1987, knocking out Barcelona on the way is none too shabby.

Long time ago mate, no money, no fans and struggling to survive, Malky obviously knows the Scottish Game but he’ll be working on a very tight budget, just think he should be working at a higher level than them.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:49 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:

reading that makes you realise how much football has changed UEFA cup final Dundee Utd V Goteborg and a few years earlier Forest V Malmo to be champions of Europe.... ffs even Celtic were European champions... bit like a parallel universe..

Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:55 pm

Jock wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

Long time ago mate, no money, no fans and struggling to survive, Malky obviously knows the Scottish Game but he’ll be working on a very tight budget, just think he should be working at a higher level than them.

Probably very difficult for Malky to get a foothold back in the game south of the border after what happened when he left us. With heightened anti-racist awareness now the order of the day, it will be doubly difficult for him to resurrect his club management career with a progressive club, so perhaps Dundee United might be the best fit for him right now.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:04 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Jock wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:

Probably very difficult for Malky to get a foothold back in the game south of the border after what happened when he left us. With heightened anti-racist awareness now the order of the day, it will be doubly difficult for him to resurrect his club management career with a progressive club, so perhaps Dundee United might be the best fit for him right now.

he did manage Wigan after us...don't think that has helped either..

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:07 pm

His career peaked with us.

Goodbye

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:23 pm

:malky: :malky: :malky: