NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:36 pm

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris:

“I am pleased with a clean sheet.”

"The euphoria of the last two games and my praise for the players was right, but we still have a long way to go and that was evident tonight. As much as we dominated the ball, we just lacked that killer moment.

"But it could be a valuable point. Fair play to Charlton, they came and parked the bus at times and didn't quite have those moments to break them down.

"I'm pleased with a clean sheet and a lot of individual performances. We just need those moments of quality."
Attachments
6B2718D6-E799-4ECA-A54E-C768620F0769.jpeg
6B2718D6-E799-4ECA-A54E-C768620F0769.jpeg (146.04 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 123116
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:30 pm

NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:44 pm

Fair summary from Neil Harris.

Pretty much spot on with what he says there.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 13700
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:30 am

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby thomasblue » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:46 pm

The only good part of that performance was the clean sheet so he is right
thomasblue
 
Posts: 6234
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby nubbsy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm

2 wins and a draw, would have bitten your hand off for that. Let's kick on now with another win!
nubbsy
 
Posts: 9004
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:57 am
Location: the diff

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Disappointing performance but we've picked up more points than would have expected to against leeds/Preston so overall going well.. :bluescarf:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 21376
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Danny Says » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 pm

Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.
Danny Says
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 pm

Danny Says wrote:Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.


He didn't say he was pleased with the performance. He said he's pleased with the clean sheet and we still have a long way to go. :roll:
Tonteg Bluebird
 
Posts: 6660
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.


He didn't say he was pleased with the performance. He said he's pleased with the clean sheet and we still have a long way to go. :roll:

Yeh tbf I thought our passing was okay at times and we played some neat stuff around their box. Possibly Tomlin should have came on earlier and NML stayed on a bit later. Either way, it's definitely not hoofball any more :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
bluebirdoct1962
 
Posts: 4172
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:39 am

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby skidemin » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:06 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.


He didn't say he was pleased with the performance. He said he's pleased with the clean sheet and we still have a long way to go. :roll:

Yeh tbf I thought our passing was okay at times and we played some neat stuff around their box. Possibly Tomlin should have came on earlier and NML stayed on a bit later. Either way, it's definitely not hoofball any more :bluescarf: :ayatollah:



hoofball….it was 10 times worse, zero urgency zero passion but we passed it sideways 4 times.. even when Tomlin came on nobody passed to him ? and why all those short free kicks..
im praying Saturday is better..
skidemin
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Don Keydick » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:02 am

I hope his remarks are for the press and he's fuming. Brilliant wins against the league leaders and away on a ground where we don't usually do well was undone by that result last night. Too many draws this season and we'd struggle in the play offs with possible games with Fulham or Brentford.
And typical of our luck, we have a striker who was starting to look the part, and he's taken off injured, don't be surprised if he's out for the rest of the season, because that's the norm.
Don Keydick
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:04 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:07 am

We have not had that killer instinct since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. We have slogged our way to the Premier twice since those days and it looks like we are about to do the same again if we are to get promoted.

I just feel over the seasons if we had managed to attract that one striker we would be an established Premier side now.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:18 am

Bakedalasker wrote:We have not had that killer instinct since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. We have slogged our way to the Premier twice since those days and it looks like we are about to do the same again if we are to get promoted.

I just feel over the seasons if we had managed to attract that one striker we would be an established Premier side now.


I’m hoping that Harris can recognise a decent striker to bring in whether that’s a younger player or a more experienced player where the previous managers have largely failed.

I like Glatzel but I’d like to see a more mobile and quicker striker come in. The complete opposite to Paterson in fact as we are definitely going to need someone.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:47 am

Disappointed with his team selection. Yes I get the principle of using the squad but surely pick your strongest team at least from the start against a bottom 6 team. What was the point of picking Glatzel who thrives on balls to feet without Tomlin to create for him?
As for the bench well the game was over once Paterson come on. Why wasn’t Ward on the bench? No Ward? Why both Bamba and Flint on the bench? In fact Flint would have done a better job than Paterson.
As for a clean sheet? Not that difficult against such a negative team.
Harris needs the team to up their tempo.
Danny Says
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 am

Our Achilles heel is teams that come to defend, we are better on the break and against teams that leave us some room, a good point against a difficult team to beat in good form, 7 points out of those three games is fantastic, onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina
 
Posts: 10728
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:23 am

Danny Says wrote:Disappointed with his team selection. Yes I get the principle of using the squad but surely pick your strongest team at least from the start against a bottom 6 team. What was the point of picking Glatzel who thrives on balls to feet without Tomlin to create for him?
As for the bench well the game was over once Paterson come on. Why wasn’t Ward on the bench? No Ward? Why both Bamba and Flint on the bench? In fact Flint would have done a better job than Paterson.
As for a clean sheet? Not that difficult against such a negative team.
Harris needs the team to up their tempo.


Just about spot on that post.
I think Ward has agreed to stay on until the end of the season but perhaps he’s injured? ..... again?!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am
Location: Cardiff

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby HarriRhys22 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:06 am

Danny Says wrote:Disappointed with his team selection. Yes I get the principle of using the squad but surely pick your strongest team at least from the start against a bottom 6 team. What was the point of picking Glatzel who thrives on balls to feet without Tomlin to create for him?
As for the bench well the game was over once Paterson come on. Why wasn’t Ward on the bench? No Ward? Why both Bamba and Flint on the bench? In fact Flint would have done a better job than Paterson.
As for a clean sheet? Not that difficult against such a negative team.
Harris needs the team to up their tempo.

Charlton made 7 changes to their team so we basically played their reserves! The fact is we haven’t the quality break down teams who play our game and just come to defend and hit us on the break!
HarriRhys22
 
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 10:28 am

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:53 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.


He didn't say he was pleased with the performance. He said he's pleased with the clean sheet and we still have a long way to go. :roll:



I didn't care a jot about not having a clean sheet last Saturday and will not next time we concede but win. and I doubt NH does either...
skidemin
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:59 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:We have not had that killer instinct since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. We have slogged our way to the Premier twice since those days and it looks like we are about to do the same again if we are to get promoted.

I just feel over the seasons if we had managed to attract that one striker we would be an established Premier side now.


I’m hoping that Harris can recognise a decent striker to bring in whether that’s a younger player or a more experienced player where the previous managers have largely failed.

I like Glatzel but I’d like to see a more mobile and quicker striker come in. The complete opposite to Paterson in fact as we are definitely going to need someone.


In a time where seemingly nobody has any money, maybe we can do a trade with someone. Possibly go and ask Warnock if he wants Callum Paterson for Britt Assombalonga who's contract expires in 12 months, you never know maybe he'll bite :lol: . Warnock loves a striker who does a job for him and Pato certainly does that. Would be nice to have a striker who knows where and when to run along with how to link play with others. Would love it if Glatzel turns out to be that but im still unsure about him becoming that top striker we all crave.
User avatar
Bluebird Warrior
 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:05 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.


He didn't say he was pleased with the performance. He said he's pleased with the clean sheet and we still have a long way to go. :roll:

Yeh tbf I thought our passing was okay at times and we played some neat stuff around their box. Possibly Tomlin should have came on earlier and NML stayed on a bit later. Either way, it's definitely not hoofball any more :bluescarf: :ayatollah:



hoofball….it was 10 times worse, zero urgency zero passion but we passed it sideways 4 times.. even when Tomlin came on nobody passed to him ? and why all those short free kicks..
im praying Saturday is better..



It was the insistence on going left everytime we went forward that hampered us because we kept running into dead end .. the right was clear numerous times but we only looked left for pass ! Didn't understand why Tomlin only came on in last 15 mins surely halftime would been better especially with extra subs allowed, In hindsight same starting team as previous two games would been better with subs much earlier than normally used.
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 21376
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby Ponty Bluebird » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:10 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:We have not had that killer instinct since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. We have slogged our way to the Premier twice since those days and it looks like we are about to do the same again if we are to get promoted.

I just feel over the seasons if we had managed to attract that one striker we would be an established Premier side now.

We did attract that one striker but unfortunately he is no longer in this world :(
Ponty Bluebird
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby skidemin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Pleased?

Is he mental? He should be furious watching his players pass aimlessly, run sideways and create very little.


He didn't say he was pleased with the performance. He said he's pleased with the clean sheet and we still have a long way to go. :roll:

Yeh tbf I thought our passing was okay at times and we played some neat stuff around their box. Possibly Tomlin should have came on earlier and NML stayed on a bit later. Either way, it's definitely not hoofball any more :bluescarf: :ayatollah:



hoofball….it was 10 times worse, zero urgency zero passion but we passed it sideways 4 times.. even when Tomlin came on nobody passed to him ? and why all those short free kicks..
im praying Saturday is better..



It was the insistence on going left everytime we went forward that hampered us because we kept running into dead end .. the right was clear numerous times but we only looked left for pass ! Didn't understand why Tomlin only came on in last 15 mins surely halftime would been better especially with extra subs allowed, In hindsight same starting team as previous two games would been better with subs much earlier than normally used.



I thought Tomlin being on the bench for the first 2 games was partly to then utilise him more in this sort of game ?
I thought he was nailed on to be a starter, even if he was the only change. but at the very least have the 2nd half..
skidemin
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:45 pm

Re: NEIL HARRIS: “ I AM PLEASED “

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Ponty Bluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:We have not had that killer instinct since the days of Bothroyd and Chopra. We have slogged our way to the Premier twice since those days and it looks like we are about to do the same again if we are to get promoted.

I just feel over the seasons if we had managed to attract that one striker we would be an established Premier side now.

We did attract that one striker but unfortunately he is no longer in this world :(


Tragically we can’t say that because nobody knows how he would have done.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am
Location: Cardiff



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aberbeeg Blues, bluebirdrob, Blueman39, Crayfish, FOOTSOLDIER, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jimmy_rat, Welshman in CA, worcester_ccfc and 274 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.