Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Confirmed Albert Adomah is not allowed to play for Forest

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:01 am

'Nottingham Forest don't come out of this looking great' - Cardiff City boss reveals what he would have done on Albert Adomah

The winger has played his final game for the Bluebirds after being recalled by Nottingham Forest

By Glen Williams

Wednesday 1st July 2020

Neil Harris believes Cardiff City would have allowed his own player to stay out on loan at a top-six rival if the situation was reversed as he confirmed Albert Adomah will return to Nottingham Forest.

The Bluebirds manager has hit out at the EFL for their handling of the situation, claiming they should have taken ownership over extending players' loans, and also questioned the integrity of Forest for recalling their player in the knowledge he cannot play for the remainder of the season.

The Ghanaian has been a mainstay for Harris since he was brought in on deadline day in January and has earned widespread praise for how he has performed in a Cardiff City shirt.

And while Harris concedes that Forest have been put in an 'awkward' situation due to the EFL's inaction over the whole saga, he believes that if the tables were turned then City would have afforded the loan club the luxury of keeping the player until the end of the season.

NEIL HARRIS:

"I can't be any clearer with what I've said. I can't be any more scathing with my criticism of the EFL," Harris said after the 0-0 draw with Charlton Athletic.

"I can't be any more honest. We can't do any more as a club. It's not a fair situation for Albert to be in and in some ways it's not a fair situation for Forest to be in, because they look like the bad guys.

"What would we have done? Would we have let the player stay on loan? I think we probably would have done.

"My board have certainly said to me they would have done.

"So, Forest don't come out of it looking great and the EFL are looking like a shambles. Weak, soft and falling short for their clients."

The manager does, however, hope that Josh Murphy will be fit for the next game, so he could potentially fill that wing berth up at Bristol City on the weekend.

But Adomah certainly won't be playing for the remainder of the season.

His contract stipulates that he will not be allowed to play for Forest despite being recalled and, given they are play-off rivals and the quality he has, brings at least some comfort for Harris.

NEIL HARRIS:

"I'm pleased he is not playing for Forest because I think he is a super player," Harris added.

"He has shown he is a super player for Cardiff City, so I'm pleased they haven't got him to call upon in their remaining games."

Harris confirmed that Dion Sanderson is all signed up until the end of the season, as is Bournemouth loanee Brad Smith.

Re: Confirmed Albert Adomah is not allowed to play for Fores

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 am

No loss to us. We have better sat on the bench or not even in the squad.
Danny Ward offers far more. Stronger, quicker, can head a ball and score a goal - all the things Uncle Albert can't offer.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:35 am

glas wrote:No loss to us. We have better sat on the bench or not even in the squad.
Danny Ward offers far more. Stronger, quicker, can head a ball and score a goal - all the things Uncle Albert can't offer.

Ward is not a winger :?

Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:40 am

piledriver64 wrote:
glas wrote:No loss to us. We have better sat on the bench or not even in the squad.

But he has played there. Even if he isn't he would still offer more than Adomah.
Adomah has no pace he moves at walking speed, cannot get past defenders and gets pushed over he's so lightweight.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:02 pm

Albert Adomah has been pretty good for us,better than most of us expected but Neil Harris is exaggerating how good he is as this makes him look better as the manager who signed him. I don't actually think not having him will make any difference as to whether we go up or not.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:06 pm

"Super player" is going a bit far and there's a reason Forest loaned him out Neil, he's a decent winger and that's about it. He's lost quite a bit of the pace he had at Aston Villa when opposition teams genuinely feared playing against him, and his crossing which was meant to be his main strength is no better than any of our current wingers imo. Mendez-Laing, Murphy and Hoilett are all better wingers than him and I don't think he's any better than Gavin Whyte tbh. Always gave his all in his loan appearances but no great loss now that Mendez is back and hopefully Josh Murphy should be back by this Saturday.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:15 pm

He has been consistently good, not brilliant but good. Where we have 4 other wingers in our squad (NML, Murphy, Hoilett and Whyte) who can be either brilliant or garbage depending on the alignment of the planets, I would choose the consistently good player as first choice any day. He has been solid and consistent in all of the games he's played in, we have had no complaints or issues down our Right Hand Side since he came into the squad, that is what makes him a "super player".
So for all those who are saying "we have better on the bench" you are about to see over the next few weeks why he was so important to our team and will be a huge miss.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:16 pm

Imho he was a good addition to thensure squad,as you say above,he was consistent,and his experience could have been valuable to us in the run in.shame he has to now sit out the rest of the season! Shame as he wanted to stay,but forest have played hardball,their choice I guess. :old: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:01 am

The fact Adomah can't play for Forest again this season confirms that they made a cynical decision in recalling him from his loan with us.

However, they may have done us a favour as we will now save on his wages whilst Forest have to pay him for doing nothing. As pointed out above we have 4 fit wingers at the club so in theory it shouldn't hurt us too much, providing NH stops being so hysterical about the decision and instead knuckles down to get the play off job finished.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:23 am

Tony, I think he is laying it on a bit thick to make Forest look bad also maybe we are after Albert end of season, who knows?

Personally thought he has done well for us and maybe given the others a kick up the a**e. :thumbright:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:28 pm

They just wanted him back to be awkward ,just in case either club needs him

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:45 pm

glas wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:

But he has played there. Even if he isn't he would still offer more than Adomah.
Adomah has no pace he moves at walking speed, cannot get past defenders and gets pushed over he's so lightweight.

Neal harries says he’s a super player I wouldn’t go as far as that he is a ok player and that’s as far as it goes for me