Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Championship Club gone into administration “

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:05 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Rumours doing the rounds up here in Wigan is that the purchase of the club was all part of a betting coup.

It has been suggested that bets have been placed in the Philippines that Wigan would get relegated. High Odds given they were mid-table.

So club is purchased very cheaply (£15m) and within a month owners put the club into Administration with 12 points deduction and almost certain relegation - winning the bet

It seems far fetched I know, and Im certainly not saying its true, but it does pose one very important question - "How on earth did the EFL approve these guys under the Fit and Proper Persons Test"

i did post on this further up... i had a butchers on their forum, and it seems they changed ownership again back in May, but the same guy seems to own both groups (the seller and buyer)

how are these people passing the fit and proper test

Re: “ Championship Club gone into administration “

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:21 am

bluebird04 wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:Rumours doing the rounds up here in Wigan is that the purchase of the club was all part of a betting coup.

It has been suggested that bets have been placed in the Philippines that Wigan would get relegated. High Odds given they were mid-table.

So club is purchased very cheaply (£15m) and within a month owners put the club into Administration with 12 points deduction and almost certain relegation - winning the bet

It seems far fetched I know, and Im certainly not saying its true, but it does pose one very important question - "How on earth did the EFL approve these guys under the Fit and Proper Persons Test"

i did post on this further up... i had a butchers on their forum, and it seems they changed ownership again back in May, but the same guy seems to own both groups (the seller and buyer)

Apologies. I missed your earlier post.

Its really bad isnt it. I think the worrying thing is WAFC know they have a limited number of supporters and they can budget accordingly. It sounds as though there are 12 interested parties looking to buy the club for £15m but Begbies Traynor are hoping for 30 before whittling it down to a final 2.

I think they will be saved but it will be a good while I think before they are a Championship club again. Wigan always has been a RL town and there just isnt the interest in the football side.

But a lot has to be said about this fit and proper persons test.

how are these people passing the fit and proper test