Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hong Kong immigration.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm

The prime minister has said the UK will open path for citizenship for nearly 3 million Hong Kong citizens after China introduced a new security law which is a 'clear and serious' breach of a treaty with Britain.

Thoughts?
I know there was a call on here yesterday to end all immigration but will it being 'British' until 1997 change people's thoughts on letting them in?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/hong ... 85601.html

Re: Hong Kong immigration.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:31 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:The prime minister has said the UK will open path for citizenship for nearly 3 million Hong Kong citizens after China introduced a new security law which is a 'clear and serious' breach of a treaty with Britain.

Thoughts?
I know there was a call on here yesterday to end all immigration but will it being 'British' until 1997 change people's thoughts on letting them in?

I'm A massive brexiteer and want strong points based system in britain but we did leave Hong Kong and we shouldn't abandoned them ,we should sort out our mess ,I would also give citizenship to Gibraltar and Falklands if something happened to them also ,3 million aint going to come tho ,most would probably stay there or go elsewhere in the region

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:39 pm

wez1927 wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:The prime minister has said the UK will open path for citizenship for nearly 3 million Hong Kong citizens after China introduced a new security law which is a 'clear and serious' breach of a treaty with Britain.

Thoughts?

I'm A massive brexiteer and want strong points based system in britain but we did leave Hong Kong and we shouldn't abandoned them ,we should sort out our mess ,I would also give citizenship to Gibraltar and Falklands if something happened to them also ,3 million aint going to come tho ,most would probably stay there or go elsewhere in the region

I agree .

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:49 pm

No problem, hard working and decent people are the Chinese imo..bring them in, and start deporting more illegals who shouldn’t be here.
Is it true only 13,000 are coming..

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:43 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Thoughts?

100 percent agree

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:11 am

JJ1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thoughts?

100 percent agree

My view also :thumbup:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:52 am

I was in Hong Kong in 1984 when the then Thatcher Government made the agreement with the Chinese Government to hand the colony back in 1997.

I spoke to many of the locals who were genuinely worried and wanted to leave and come to the UK but they didn't have an automatic right to do so.

The general opinion which I heard several times was that the British Government should give those who wanted to come to the UK an island or islands off the coast of Scotland which were sparsely populated and they would recreate a 'Hong Kong in Scotland' a sort of country within a country.

Apparently these people have so much money and industry that if the idea had been implemented 24 years ago we would now have a City Island of 3m+ off the coast of Scotland and in all probability the second riches area within the UK.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 am

Pembroke bluebird wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thoughts?

100 percent agree

My view also :thumbup:

My goodness I agree to

Is this a record on this board with all these agreeing to one topic :D