Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bury FC

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Bury AFC, the phoenix club launched after Bury's expulsion from the Football League ( League 1), have begun their search for a manager.

The side, which will begin life next season in the North West Counties Football League (the 10th tier of English football), posted the vacancy on their official website.

Re: Bury FC

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 pm

what a shame........another scumbag owner. the fa should have stepped in long before it got this far....it could be at least 6 years before they're back in the league

Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:43 pm

Good luck to them.

The case of Bury is the one that bothers me the most, because they could have easily been saved and should never have been in the position of being expelled - but Steve Dale preferred that to happen.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:52 pm

The fact that Bury FC were allowed to fold is a disgrace.But there again football is no longer about fans and has not been about fans since it was whored out to the Premier League.I use the term "whored" with regret, girls who are forced to earn their living and feed children have to earn and endure a lot.Today Wigan went into administration a taste of what is to come gents! Needless to say you will not hear the football pundits whine on about what a disgrace the loss of such a piece of British cultural history has been lost.I know they have been resurrected but they do not deserve this.

Bury Football Club founded 1885

Football League Honours

Tier One
Best Finish - 4th 1925/26 Season

Tier Two
Champions: 1895
Runners Up: 1924

Tier Three
Champions: 1961, 1997
Runners Up: 1968

Tier Four
Runners Up: 2011
Promoted: 1974, 1985, 1996, 2015

Cup Competitions

The FA Cup
Winners: 1900, 1903

The Football League Cup
Best Finish - Semi Final 1962

The FA Youth Cup
Best FInish - Semi Final 1966

The Lancashire Cup
Winners: 1892, 1899, 1903, 1906, 1926, 1958, 1983, 1987, 2014

The Manchester Cup
Winners: 1894, 1896, 1897, 1900, 1903, 1905, 1925, 1935, 1951, 1952, 1962, 1968

Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:21 pm

Fond memories of that club.. always had the craic up there with the locals, and it’s a real shame what’s happened there. Yet again, the football authorities have failed, more interested in money and politics than the clubs. No acuity in leadership.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:56 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Fond memories of that club.. always had the craic up there with the locals, and it’s a real shame what’s happened there. Yet again, the football authorities have failed, more interested in money and politics than the clubs. No acuity in leadership.

In the 75/76 season Cardiff city got promoted at bury it was my first promotion I was only fourteen at the time I travelled up on a mini bus on a Wednesday night

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good luck to them.

The case of Bury is the one that bothers me the most, because they could have easily been saved and should never have been in the position of being expelled - but Steve Dale preferred that to happen.

It’s terriable that none of the governing bodies stepped in to save bury even some of the top players could have bought bury

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:05 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Good luck to them.

It’s terriable that none of the governing bodies stepped in to save bury even some of the top players could have bought bury

Normally I wouldn't say players have any obligation to pay out of their own pockets to a random club in distress. But the class of 92 bankrolling Salford up the leagues leaves a sour taste. Especially from the Neville brothers who were born in Bury and who's mother worked at the club.