Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Shock Nukes was right !! “ BLM “

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am

Nukes, I have been saying the same but you have a much better way of putting it over.
Keep on getting the truth out there :thumbup:

PS. Did anyone notice the manure v Brighton game that when they showed Pogba * taking the knee* the young lad Greenwood was walking behind him on camera?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:22 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Once again the the posters who tried to call people racist for not backing a racist group BLM UK , have done their usual disappearing tricks.

indeed.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:30 am

I never liked the rioting and especially at a time with Covid however could understand as many peoples long term suffering at the hands of racists would boil over and no change comes without conflict. It still made me fearful about the spread of the virus as we’ve made so many sacrifices over the last few months.I’m personally not into rioting and violence - peaceful protests - fine.

I’m in full support of calling people out on racism and it’s a real shame about BLM being in the hands of the wrong people And more sinister motivations because it could have potentially caused a positive change but now I fear the change will be negative. :(

For me personally I’d be more suspicious of People who Shout out ‘white lives matter’ in reply to someone trying to draw attention to racism who says black lives matter (black lives matter not a a political statement but in support of cracking down on racism). BLM as a political movement is a different thing to someone trying to put an end to racism. I personally feel I understand this because being close to the LGBT community - it’s similar to when you say - ‘pride’ and people reply with a ridiculous response - why can’t we have a straight pride? This is the thing - people aren’t Historically and presently persecuted for being straight so why would you need a straight pride? I always think - think yourself lucky you don’t need one. Same thing but on a different scale for black people - why would you need to state white lives Matter (obviously they do but that’s not the point) when it is uNfortunatly black people who have experienced many types of discrimination just because of their colour. I really hope things can be moved forward in a positive way and we can continue to have the awareness that racism is still a problem.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:35 am

skidemin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Once again the the posters who tried to call people racist for not backing a racist group BLM UK , have done their usual disappearing tricks.

indeed.

Where has my comment gone ? :lol: :lol: Can’t even remember what I said now :o :occasion5: :bluescarf: :mrgreen:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:43 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

indeed.

Where has my comment gone ? :lol: :lol: Can’t even remember what I said now :o :occasion5: :bluescarf: :mrgreen:

I thought you were just drawing attention to what Annis said without comment...

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:46 am

Not he time to scroll right through as in work but seen someone ask if Sky are doing the same, this was shared by Matt Le Tissier today

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-sports-statement

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:48 am

BLM logo been removed by Premier league, new shirts are being made with just the NHS :thumbright: everything to do with BLM is being removed from football and has been dropped by the BBC.
Sky & ITV are now considering taking down all BLM stuff and won’t be making presenters etc wear them badges anymore.
Why the hell was it brought in to football and all this knee crap.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:52 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

No surprise there, the left don't admit fault.

My mate just apologised for saying I'm racist for being anti BLM

Still leaves a bad taste, he's known me for years

And should know I've never and will never be racist.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:55 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I never liked the rioting and especially at a time with Covid however could understand as many peoples long term suffering at the hands of racists would boil over and no change comes without conflict. It still made me fearful about the spread of the virus as we’ve made so many sacrifices over the last few months.I’m personally not into rioting and violence - peaceful protests - fine.

I’m in full support of calling people out on racism and it’s a real shame about BLM being in the hands of the wrong people And more sinister motivations because it could have potentially caused a positive change but now I fear the change will be negative. :(

For me personally I’d be more suspicious of People who Shout out ‘white lives matter’ in reply to someone trying to draw attention to racism who says black lives matter (black lives matter not a a political statement but in support of cracking down on racism). BLM as a political movement is a different thing to someone trying to put an end to racism. I personally feel I understand this because being close to the LGBT community - it’s similar to when you say - ‘pride’ and people reply with a ridiculous response - why can’t we have a straight pride? This is the thing - people aren’t Historically and presently persecuted for being straight so why would you need a straight pride? I always think - think yourself lucky you don’t need one. Same thing but on a different scale for black people - why would you need to state white lives Matter (obviously they do but that’s not the point) when it is uNfortunatly black people who have experienced many types of discrimination just because of their colour. I really hope things can be moved forward in a positive way and we can continue to have the awareness that racism is still a problem.

didn't see much of white lives matter mate... it was an extreme response after 2/3 solid weeks of having mis reporting and BLM being portrayed as something the majority knew they were not.. as for this straight pride you keep going on about...just because you've heard it a few times it really does not mean its something many think... taking isolated incidents and blowing them into more does racism or pride any good what so ever.. a straight pride ..really

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:55 am

Citysince72 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

No surprise there, the left don't admit fault.

My mate just apologised for saying I'm racist for being anti BLM

Still leaves a bad taste, he's known me for years

And should know I've never and will never be racist.

They sicken me the people who accuse people for sticking to their believes for being racist .

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:58 am

Disappointing mate

It's definitely changed my opinion of him that's for sure.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:02 pm

skidemin wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I never liked the rioting and especially at a time with Covid however could understand as many peoples long term suffering at the hands of racists would boil over and no change comes without conflict. It still made me fearful about the spread of the virus as we’ve made so many sacrifices over the last few months.I’m personally not into rioting and violence - peaceful protests - fine.

didn't see much of white lives matter mate... it was an extreme response after 2/3 solid weeks of having mis reporting and BLM being portrayed as something the majority knew they were not.. as for this straight pride you keep going on about...just because you've heard it a few times it really does not mean its something many think... taking isolated incidents and blowing them into more does racism or pride any good what so ever.. a straight pride ..really

There was a lot mentioned about white lives matter and all lives matter. The pride thing- I was trying to use it as a example because many don’t seem to understand the difference between the statements white lives matter or all lives matter and black lives matter. It’s not that someone has suddenly thought to themselves one day - oh I know I’m going to start saying such and such matter for the sake of it, it’s to highlight there is still a problem. I mean obviously it can take years and years for thing to become equal and I guess it’s what this is about. As I said though I just hope that things can move forward in a positive way and things can be done to bring equality in many areas where there’s clearly not.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Typical knee jerk reaction to a ridiculous regime by the media.

You've got thousands of gullible people kneeling, wearing badges and power saluting a bunch of chancers.

The sickening sight of taking the knee makes my blood boil.

Starmer, Piers Morgan and the other public profile professionals should admit they were blindly following a load of revolutionary workshy layabouts and resign!

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:18 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Typical knee jerk reaction to a ridiculous regime by the media.

You've got thousands of gullible people kneeling, wearing badges and power saluting a bunch of chancers.

Starmer, Piers Morgan and the other public profile professionals should admit they were blindly following a load of revolutionary workshy layabouts and resign!

No chance mate

There PR team will come up with some ridicolous excuse

To excuse there pathetic existence and a reason they were taken in by it all.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

There was a lot mentioned about white lives matter and all lives matter. The pride thing- I was trying to use it as a example because many don’t seem to understand the difference between the statements white lives matter or all lives matter and black lives matter. It’s not that someone has suddenly thought to themselves one day - oh I know I’m going to start saying such and such matter for the sake of it, it’s to highlight there is still a problem. I mean obviously it can take years and years for thing to become equal and I guess it’s what this is about. As I said though I just hope that things can move forward in a positive way and things can be done to bring equality in many areas where there’s clearly not.

All lives matter yes .lots , white lives was far less and was pushback to highlight the bias and mis information.. as for racism. I don't see it mate , this is not a racist country , you can turn anything you like into racism if you spend your time looking for and determined to find it.as you did with pride and homophobia .. and tbh this last month there have been literally thousands of things said by black people and their supporters that if reversed would be a criminal racist offence...

sorry but this do as I say not what I do just doesn't wash...

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:22 pm

And there we are children. Nuclearblue was right and everybody lived happily ever after.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:30 pm

I had a friend who went to the BLM protest in Cardiff. I had to be honest with him so I wrote and told him what sort of organisation BLM is and that the riots in America were about the upcoming election rather than police violence or police violence against blacks - both of which which have reduced considerably since the 1990s. I was afraid that I'd lose his friendship - but real friendships will survive things like this. He now knows the reality of the situation. There was even a Black Lives Matter section on Netflix - at least there was last time I looked.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:31 pm

skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

All lives matter yes .lots , white lives was far less and was pushback to highlight the bias and mis information.. as for racism. I don't see it mate , this is not a racist country , you can turn anything you like into racism if you spend your time looking for and determined to find it.as you did with pride and homophobia .. and tbh this last month there have been literally thousands of things said by black people and their supporters that if reversed would be a criminal racist offence...

You may not be racist mate and many people but it does exist in this country unfortunately and that makes me worry what you just said because it shows you think it’s not a problem - ignorance to a problem will never help. Homophobia transphobia is still a massive problem worldwide and people get Abused And murdered. You may not see it but it unfortunately does exist.
Trans people are currently illegal in 72 countries. You can be stoned to death for being gay in many and people are still assaulted, verbally abused and murdered here for being gay or trans. I’m not saying you or your next door neighbour or even anyone in your street would do such a thing but unfortunately it does exist.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:31 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
Foghorn65 wrote:Typical knee jerk reaction to a ridiculous regime by the media.

No chance mate

There PR team will come up with some ridicolous excuse

To excuse there pathetic existence and a reason they were taken in by it all.

They already are the BBC for example who have stated the intentions was good but BLM got hijacked by extremists. No no sorry that’s bollocks it was the other way around.
No a response to why there was a lot of White lives matter but sorry me saying it was to highlight the hypocrisy about BLM I wanted to say ok if one was ok then the other should be.
It’s all lives matter.
But now we are being told the U.K. is extremely Racist but sorry no it’s not.
That boils my piss.
This is a lie by the MSM and this is why this is happening. The agenda is a race war. Let’s tell all the black population that whites hate them and want to keep them as second class citizens.
Lies it’s all lies. This started in America to topple Trump nothing more nothing less.
But I swear to god if I see another Cardiff player do the knee or Black power fist pump then I’m finished until that player leaves our club.
I’m sure our players will say there’s was a different meaning to the radical one. But hey if I do a Nazi salute but say don’t worry it not the same as the one the Nazi party did would I expect them to be on with it ?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Premier League 'will keep Black Lives Matter badges on players' shirts for the rest of the season' despite Sky Sports pundits choosing to ditch the slogan

The last 48 hours has seen a number of high-profile figures distance themselves from the political activism of the UK branch of the organisation though, but it is understood the Premier League will continue supporting the cause.

The Sun report that Premier League chiefs have no plans to follow Sky Sports pundits and scrap the BLM badge from their shirts, and they will remain until at least the end of the current campaign.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:37 pm

But i'm supposed to believe the media didn't know the politics behind BLM. Ok then, eer, i guess i can do that if i love football enough. Not sure yet

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:39 pm

Hello everyone! July greeting to you all :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:45 pm

I just hope that as a result of this people don’t get the wrong idea and now think - racism doesn’t exist because it still does. This is about the BLM UK movement and their aims but not about the existence of racism because that’s a completely different topic!

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:55 pm

Racism in the UK

Is minimal in my opinion

Not saying it doesn't exist but it's certainly leap years better than America.

And pitting ourselves against America is not a good idea.

Maybe now the black folk and Prick Khan can concentrate on the black on black killings in London.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:58 pm

skidemin wrote:
skidemin wrote:

You may not be racist mate and many people but it does exist in this country unfortunately and that makes me worry what you just said because it shows you think it’s not a problem - ignorance to a problem will never help. Homophobia transphobia is still a massive problem worldwide and people get Abused And murdered. You may not see it but it unfortunately does exist.
Trans people are currently illegal in 72 countries. You can be stoned to death for being gay in many and people are still assaulted, verbally abused and murdered here for being gay or trans. I’m not saying you or your next door neighbour or even anyone in your street would do such a thing but unfortunately it does exist.

of course it exists , it will always exist and goes both ways when people in neighbouring districts/ towns and cities do not see eye to eye its going to extend to race LGBT etc , to some degree people will always cling to familiarity whether that's colour, language or whatever.... its to what extent and what you are prepared to consider racist...... we are not one of those 72 countries and tbh have come a long long way regarding coming away from all sorts of tribalism in my lifetime..

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Premier League 'will keep Black Lives Matter badges on players' shirts for the rest of the season' despite Sky Sports pundits choosing to ditch the slogan

The last 48 hours has seen a number of high-profile figures distance themselves from the political activism of the UK branch of the organisation though, but it is understood the Premier League will continue supporting the cause.

The Sun report that Premier League chiefs have no plans to follow Sky Sports pundits and scrap the BLM badge from their shirts, and they will remain until at least the end of the current campaign.

My analysis of this for what it's worth. The media is now claiming impartiality, becoming mindful of the backlash from it's subscribers.

Premier League? The top guys running it (notice i said guys lol) are politically active. Are happy to lose some fans of the product because they are so sure the product will always sell and not affect ratings.They are right
Last edited by ThomasC on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:10 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Premier League 'will keep Black Lives Matter badges on players' shirts for the rest of the season' despite Sky Sports pundits choosing to ditch the slogan

My analysis of this for what it's worth. The media is now claiming impartiality, becoming mindful of the backlash from it's subscribers.

Premier League? The top guys running it (notice i said guys lol) are politically active. Are happy to lose some fans of the product because they are so sure the product will always sell. They are right

Sadly your right Thomas.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Premier League? The top guys running it (notice i said guys lol) are politically active. Are happy to lose some fans of the product because they are so sure the product will always sell. They are right

Sadly your right Thomas.

Hi Annis, glad to hear restrictions are lifted in Majorca, and the was really happy for you and fam that your eldest finished Uni :ayatollah: back to topic, there is nothing anyone can do about it, i'll continue to support the team who have been superb lately :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:25 pm

The most edgy thing i done to show my dissatisfaction was to 'unsubscribe' from SkySports youtube channel. Owch! I hear you say. A proper kick in the b*llocks to them lol

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:06 pm

I commented with a reasonable non-offensive post on the picture of Bacuna taking a knee last week. The amount of abuse I received from so-called fellow Cardiff fans was a disgrace. The quicker this left-wing Marxist group disappears the better. :bluebird: :bluebird: