Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Shock Nukes was right !! “ BLM “

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Black lives matter in America is a thing. In Britain it is not.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:11 pm

maccydee wrote:Black lives matter in America is a thing. In Britain it is not.

Spot on Neil, nothing to do with the Uk :thumbright:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Why is nobody talking about this on the other board - I wonder?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Premier League 'will keep Black Lives Matter badges on players' shirts for the rest of the season' despite Sky Sports pundits choosing to ditch the slogan

The last 48 hours has seen a number of high-profile figures distance themselves from the political activism of the UK branch of the organisation though, but it is understood the Premier League will continue supporting the cause.

The Sun report that Premier League chiefs have no plans to follow Sky Sports pundits and scrap the BLM badge from their shirts, and they will remain until at least the end of the current campaign.

My analysis of this for what it's worth. The media is now claiming impartiality, becoming mindful of the backlash from it's subscribers.

Premier League? The top guys running it (notice i said guys lol) are politically active. Are happy to lose some fans of the product because they are so sure the product will always sell. They are right

Sadly your right Thomas.

I think heads will roll because this group are very Anti Schematic and look what happened to the Labour Party. I feel this will be there Achilles heel.
If they continue with this the shit is going to hit the fan. And Sir Kier Starmer well he made an example of someone recently so if he believes in what he preaches he should resign.
And then wait for the excuses they didn’t know, it was hijacked etc etc the usual lies. And best they could say they were negligent. But if the Premier league continue then they can’t even claim that now they know.
And my god Cardiff players better now stop with this knee thing.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Black lives matter in America is a thing. In Britain it is not.

Spot on Neil, nothing to do with the Uk :thumbright:

Because what is happening in America will effect us massively. I don’t know if you know because it isn’t on any of the news channels but many are due in court later on this year of the Democrats / elites including Hillary Clinton that could see them locked up. This is why this is all happening Trump is behind all of them facing the dock. Some experts in America are saying they could face 30 years if not more. Hang on tight this is getting messy

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:37 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I just hope that as a result of this people don’t get the wrong idea and now think - racism doesn’t exist because it still does. This is about the BLM UK movement and their aims but not about the existence of racism because that’s a completely different topic!

Throughout I have found you comments the most racist. The way you think black people are all poor and down trodden. And can only be saved by the privileged white like yourself as you put it.

You must feel a right plum now with the support you gave this group.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Borders Blue wrote:Why is nobody talking about this on the other board - I wonder?

you don't really expect them to absorb anything this quickly surely ?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:01 pm

Great to see Hull and Boro players take the knee before their match tonight :thumbright:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:09 pm

Daily Telegraph

Many uk companies forced to distance themselves from Black Lives Matter as they say organisation has been "hijacked"

By Ben Rumsby
and
Izzy Lyons

1 July 2020 • 9:30pm

A young girl holds up a "BLM" sign during a Black Lives Matter rally in Millennium Square, Leeds on June 14
The BBC has decided its presenters and guests should not wear Black Lives Matter badges as the campaign was accused of “hijacking” George Floyd’s death for political reasons.

Bosses at the corporation have ruled that “visual symbols of support” for Black Lives Matter should not be worn on screen, senior sources told The Telegraph.

It comes as a number of high-profile organisations were forced to backtrack on their support for the Black Lives Matter movement as its UK arm publicly criticised Israel and called on the British government to “defund the police”.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:14 pm

Fantastic to see Shaun Bailey standing up for Britain's history with his pledge to scrap Sadiq Khan's outrageous "statue commission". London needs law and order, not cultural vandalism!

telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/07/02/shaun-bailey-pledges-drop-ridiculous-statue-review-first-day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:19 pm

They are a far left extremist group. They don't give a shit about black lives and neither did George Floyd.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I just hope that as a result of this people don’t get the wrong idea and now think - racism doesn’t exist because it still does. This is about the BLM UK movement and their aims but not about the existence of racism because that’s a completely different topic!

Throughout I have found you comments the most racist. The way you think black people are all poor and down trodden. And can only be saved by the privileged white like yourself as you put it.

I think you may have badly misinterpreted my previous comments. You are confusing my arguments with a political movement and my own support for people who are black. I think many on this message board have shown what sort of person they are over the last months or so. Well no I don’t feel like a plum because I never said I supported what the BLM movement does and aims in terms of defunding the police and maxism - you better read my previous comments on this thread etc. Ive actually argued against such extremism friends and family. I support an end to racism and have said black lives matter. Personally I hated the riots and violence but I get very suspicious of people who shout back ‘white lives matter’ when someone states black lives matter to combat racism. That to me suggests they don’t get there’s a racism problem worldwide. That’s where my problem lies and still does solely. I will always stand up against racism and think people should be called out on it. To call my comments racist is absolutely ridiculous but if this is what sort of comments thrown back at me is than u fortunately racism will never be solved. And again shows how you’ve interpreted my comments on previous threads. I never said all black people are poor and down trodden??? I said there is a inequality amongst the BAME community in terms of opportunities. I have never said anything about being saved by my white privilege - I said I want to help because I am aware of how important allies are when you are in a minority group and that I know 1st hand what it feel like. It’s a real shame that BLM has created such negativity because done properly we could have actually moved forward but as I mentioned I worry this will have the opposite effect.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Fantastic to see Shaun Bailey standing up for Britain's history with his pledge to scrap Sadiq Khan's outrageous "statue commission". London needs law and order, not cultural vandalism!

telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/07/02/shaun-bailey-pledges-drop-ridiculous-statue-review-first-day

I really hope this guy gets in

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Fantastic to see Shaun Bailey standing up for Britain's history with his pledge to scrap Sadiq Khan's outrageous "statue commission". London needs law and order, not cultural vandalism!

I really hope this guy gets in

So do I

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:31 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:From the beginning I have said that Black Lives Matter was a Marxist Anarchist group every bit as bad as Antifa because they are closely related. Everyone was championing this group without checking who they were.

Now the Premier League has dropped them like a hot potato and now the BBC. I’m sorry but it’s inexcusable and resignations should happen.

ITV are now discussing dropping the BLM group.

Wonder if Sky has dropped its bullshit as well as having this logo on their homepage. Many having it on there Facebook page.

And many on here defending the group I wonder if they will be backtracking ? Even had one post removed as a sticky because I told the truth about this group.

Hope this bullshit is now removed from football full stop and keep politics out of football in our stadiums.

Personally, I’m hoping that one day we can keep politics off this football forum too.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:51 pm

And away from football..

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:19 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:From the beginning I have said that Black Lives Matter was a Marxist Anarchist group every bit as bad as Antifa because they are closely related. Everyone was championing this group without checking who they were.

Now the Premier League has dropped them like a hot potato and now the BBC. I’m sorry but it’s inexcusable and resignations should happen.

ITV are now discussing dropping the BLM group.

Wonder if Sky has dropped its bullshit as well as having this logo on their homepage. Many having it on there Facebook page.

And many on here defending the group I wonder if they will be backtracking ? Even had one post removed as a sticky because I told the truth about this group.

Hope this bullshit is now removed from football full stop and keep politics out of football in our stadiums.

Personally, I’m hoping that one day we can keep politics off this football forum too.

if people stopped viewing them they would be gone.. like magic.. this one has BLM in big letters in the header .

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:31 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

I think you may have badly misinterpreted my previous comments. You are confusing my arguments with a political movement and my own support for people who are black. I think many on this message board have shown what sort of person they are over the last months or so. Well no I don’t feel like a plum because I never said I supported what the BLM movement does and aims in terms of defunding the police and maxism - you better read my previous comments on this thread etc. Ive actually argued against such extremism friends and family. I support an end to racism and have said black lives matter. Personally I hated the riots and violence but I get very suspicious of people who shout back ‘white lives matter’ when someone states black lives matter to combat racism. That to me suggests they don’t get there’s a racism problem worldwide. That’s where my problem lies and still does solely. I will always stand up against racism and think people should be called out on it. To call my comments racist is absolutely ridiculous but if this is what sort of comments thrown back at me is than u fortunately racism will never be solved. And again shows how you’ve interpreted my comments on previous threads. I never said all black people are poor and down trodden??? I said there is a inequality amongst the BAME community in terms of opportunities. I have never said anything about being saved by my white privilege - I said I want to help because I am aware of how important allies are when you are in a minority group and that I know 1st hand what it feel like. It’s a real shame that BLM has created such negativity because done properly we could have actually moved forward but as I mentioned I worry this will have the opposite effect.

I never said you saved them. But the fact you are a privileged white man thinking that black people aren’t and they live a worst life because they are white is extremely racist and narrow thinking.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:37 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:

your right about people showing what they are.....and the 5 or 6 BLM flat out racists don't even realise how racist they are...

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:48 pm

:shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Well done Dave. Never heard of you or off you. The bandwagon has left town you spineless tosser.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:30 pm

I've said all along they are a political tool in my previous posts,how people got sucked in is unbelievable,why are prem league players still going down on one knee,they just done it again man city v Liverpool disgusting

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:43 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

your right about people showing what they are.....and the 5 or 6 BLM flat out racists don't even realise how racist they are...

They are some who are extremists who take things as far To the other side and become racist in doing so I guess. I just hate to see people being treated unequal as mentioned before because I’ve experienced it my self. I would say many people have made comments which could equally be called racist against BLM but then again it depends if you are again the movement or against racism as it’s 2 different things and I think this has been confused. Yeah I agree there will always be inequalities but awareness and a bit of understanding goes along way. Thank goodness the UK has come along way in dealing with racism but it still upsets me when you still hear it from time to time indirect or directly. As I said hopefully what BLM UK agenda won’t have caused to much negativity around the fact that racism does still need working towards to solve. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:48 pm

It’s not BLM, distasteful as they are.. it’s the fact that the Police, Politicians, Media, Footballers et al were taken in, and proceeded to ram it down our throats every day.. idiots.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

I never said you saved them. But the fact you are a privileged white man thinking that black people aren’t and they live a worst life because they are white is extremely racist and narrow thinking.

Ok you aren’t really making any sense or perhaps trying to twist things I said into something they are not. I recognise that black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin - this can be a result of many causes. I believe to be born into a society where you may experience hatred indirectly or directly and things that effect every aspect of you life is not being born having privileges that others may have - how You work that Out to be racist I do not know especially when I’m standing up for the black community. Like I said before I just hope the negativity around certain extremism groups doesn’t allow us to go backwards. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:36 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Ok you aren’t really making any sense or perhaps trying to twist things I said into something they are not. I recognise that black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin - this can be a result of many causes. I believe to be born into a society where you may experience hatred indirectly or directly and things that effect every aspect of you life is not being born having privileges that others may have - how You work that Out to be racist I do not know especially when I’m standing up for the black community. Like I said before I just hope the negativity around certain extremism groups doesn’t allow us to go backwards. :thumbup:

I be honest I really don’t think you mean to be racist but please believe it is. It isn’t out and out nasty racism. But you profile people lives putting in a group because of they skin colour alone. The same thing you say happens to blacks are also problems in every other race. Please stop seeing it as a race thing it’s not it’s a class thing. Do you see what I mean?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:50 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

I be honest I really don’t think you mean to be racist but please believe it is. It isn’t out and out nasty racism. But you profile people lives putting in a group because of they skin colour alone. The same thing you say happens to blacks are also problems in every other race. Please stop seeing it as a race thing it’s not it’s a class thing. Do you see what I mean?

Reversal tactics? Nice one. So if I highlight that a minority group is being discriminated against And it could mean that as a result of being discriminated against they may end up being in poverty that means I’m racist? :lol: Are you serious it’s actually the complete opposite to being racist% it’s highlighting a problem and a real concern that shouldn’t be ignored. Infact when ignorance is part of the problem. Hmmmm I question exactly what your agenda is but it feels a little sickening and extremely uncomfortable. So perhaps let’s just leave it at that. If you are going as far to call me racist then I dread to think what some may call you

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:52 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I recognise that black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin - this can be a result of many causes. I believe to be born into a society where you may experience hatred indirectly or directly and things that effect every aspect of you life is not being born having privileges that others may have - how You work that Out to be racist I do not know especially when I’m standing up for the black community. Like I said before I just hope the negativity around certain extremism groups doesn’t allow us to go backwards. :thumbup:

I say this with the greatest respect, as you have shown similar respect to other posters and ultimately, as I think I said on another thread at the time, racism is bad and we are effectively all on the same team in that regard.

However, your premise that 'black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin' is at it's core inherently racist as it aligns socio-economic factors (movable) with skin colour (immutable).

I do not think you are a racist, clearly you are not. Yet, that is a misjudged statement that is based on thinking that is simply too shallow (again not that you are shallow, simply that the line of thought is) to effectively bring about the changes we both would like to see.

Those suffering from poverty within the UK arguably have less opportunity to climb economic and social ladder. That is true regardless of skin colour. To focus on this as a race issue will overlook the challenges we face to fix the problem and simply sow the seeds of disharmony we have seen over the last month.

Rio Ferdinand's children, Dianne Abbot's children, Anthony Joshua's children will all lead a more privileged life as young black children than mine will as white children and good for them. Their parents have all exceeded within their chosen fields and earned the right to give their children more than they had. To a far lesser degree, I have done the same for my kids who will have a more privileged life than some children both white and black and a less privileged life than others.

I commend you on standing against extremism on all sides, something I fully endorse and agree with. However, you use the language of the progressive left/identity politics when you speak of allies and communities. For me, this thinking only ever leads to a divisive path, logically it is the avenue it can, as ultimately when we split into tribes and become judged on what we are rather than who we are, ultimately we eventually pit our respective tribes against each other.

We've made so much progress in establishing equality of opportunity and reducing prejudice in the last thirty years, by judging each other on our individual merits rather than our identity as part of a group. Identity politics is pushing us backwards in the wrong direction of that path I fear.

Like I say, I've tried to put this as respectfully as I can as I genuinely think you come from a place of kindness and good intention and I hope that this post comes across in the spirit intended and not antagonistic.

The end goal, of reducing prejudice is something we can agree on. It is the issue of how we arrive there where we disagree.

:ayatollah:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:04 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:

Reversal tactics? Nice one. So if I highlight that a minority group is being discriminated against And it could mean that as a result of being discriminated against they may end up being in poverty that means I’m racist? :lol: Are you serious it’s actually the complete opposite to being racist% it’s highlighting a problem and a real concern that shouldn’t be ignored. Infact when ignorance is part of the problem. Hmmmm I question exactly what your agenda is but it feels a little sickening and extremely uncomfortable. So perhaps let’s just leave it at that. If you are going as far to call me racist then I dread to think what some may call you

black lives matter is highlighting something ….it was actually a Marxist mob that don't give two hoots about any lives..
white lives matter is racist.....it wasn't used 1/100 th as much.. and was pushback against people sleep walking into something it turns out they firmly do not agree with, this was the real HIGHLIGHTING...

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:13 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I recognise that black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin - this can be a result of many causes. I believe to be born into a society where you may experience hatred indirectly or directly and things that effect every aspect of you life is not being born having privileges that others may have - how You work that Out to be racist I do not know especially when I’m standing up for the black community. Like I said before I just hope the negativity around certain extremism groups doesn’t allow us to go backwards. :thumbup:

I say this with the greatest respect, as you have shown similar respect to other posters and ultimately, as I think I said on another thread at the time, racism is bad and we are effectively all on the same team in that regard.

However, your premise that 'black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin' is at it's core inherently racist as it aligns socio-economic factors (movable) with skin colour (immutable).

I do not think you are a racist, clearly you are not. Yet, that is a misjudged statement that is based on thinking that is simply too shallow (again not that you are shallow, simply that the line of thought is) to effectively bring about the changes we both would like to see.

Those suffering from poverty within the UK arguably have less opportunity to climb economic and social ladder. That is true regardless of skin colour. To focus on this as a race issue will overlook the challenges we face to fix the problem and simply sow the seeds of disharmony we have seen over the last month.

Rio Ferdinand's children, Dianne Abbot's children, Anthony Joshua's children will all lead a more privileged life as young black children than mine will as white children and good for them. Their parents have all exceeded within their chosen fields and earned the right to give their children more than they had. To a far lesser degree, I have done the same for my kids who will have a more privileged life than some children both white and black and a less privileged life than others.

I commend you on standing against extremism on all sides, something I fully endorse and agree with. However, you use the language of the progressive left/identity politics when you speak of allies and communities. For me, this thinking only ever leads to a divisive path, logically it is the avenue it can, as ultimately when we split into tribes and become judged on what we are rather than who we are, ultimately we eventually pit our respective tribes against each other.

We've made so much progress in establishing equality of opportunity and reducing prejudice in the last thirty years, by judging each other on our individual merits rather than our identity as part of a group. Identity politics is pushing us backwards in the wrong direction of that path I fear.

Like I say, I've tried to put this as respectfully as I can as I genuinely think you come from a place of kindness and good intention and I hope that this post comes across in the spirit intended and not antagonistic.

The end goal, of reducing prejudice is something we can agree on. It is the issue of how we arrive there where we disagree.

:ayatollah:

It’s a simple as I’m against racism, I’d hope that many of us are on here. A couple of weeks ago it felt the opposite but I think there’s been confusion between the political stance and what the statement BLM means on it’s own. I’m in a minority group myself and allies means people who will stand up for you, someone who understands what you are going through, advocate for you when others aim hatred towards you - nothing extremism about it? In terms of black people in poverty - I’m only discussing what has been reported on and have discussed it in the same manner. I’m not quite sure how bringing to attention a concern about something that may have resulted from racism, makes me racist? Infact it’s the exact opposite as I see it. Perhaps it’s been misinterpreted on here I don’t know? Of course there are socio economic reasons however being from a minority group myself, I can see how things can work. For example if I was bullied in quite a few of my previous jobs then this may certainly ly affect the types of jobs I may go for in future. I would be less likely to have any confidence in going for promotion. I may suffer from anxiety as a result of previous experience....you see where am going with this? It’s the subtle things that add up.

To be honest I come on here solely to talk about football but having seen some comments that have shocked me and made me worry I’ve ended up joining in the discussions. If people have been solely against BLM UK for which I didn’t even know existed until earlier today than fair enough - perhaps I had a lot of people wrong but it felt like many were making racist comments and this is what upset me. Perhaps it’s not the case? I don’t know but to be honest it’s kind of really wearing me down now so I think I’m just going leave it all it this.