Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:17 pm

skidemin wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I just hope that as a result of this people don’t get the wrong idea and now think - racism doesn’t exist because it still does. This is about the BLM UK movement and their aims but not about the existence of racism because that’s a completely different topic!

Throughout I have found you comments the most racist. The way you think black people are all poor and down trodden. And can only be saved by the privileged white like yourself as you put it.

You must feel a right plum now with the support you gave this group.

I think you may have badly misinterpreted my previous comments. You are confusing my arguments with a political movement and my own support for people who are black. I think many on this message board have shown what sort of person they are over the last months or so. Well no I don’t feel like a plum because I never said I supported what the BLM movement does and aims in terms of defunding the police and maxism - you better read my previous comments on this thread etc. Ive actually argued against such extremism friends and family. I support an end to racism and have said black lives matter. Personally I hated the riots and violence but I get very suspicious of people who shout back ‘white lives matter’ when someone states black lives matter to combat racism. That to me suggests they don’t get there’s a racism problem worldwide. That’s where my problem lies and still does solely. I will always stand up against racism and think people should be called out on it. To call my comments racist is absolutely ridiculous but if this is what sort of comments thrown back at me is than u fortunately racism will never be solved. And again shows how you’ve interpreted my comments on previous threads. I never said all black people are poor and down trodden??? I said there is a inequality amongst the BAME community in terms of opportunities. I have never said anything about being saved by my white privilege - I said I want to help because I am aware of how important allies are when you are in a minority group and that I know 1st hand what it feel like. It’s a real shame that BLM has created such negativity because done properly we could have actually moved forward but as I mentioned I worry this will have the opposite effect.

I never said you saved them. But the fact you are a privileged white man thinking that black people aren’t and they live a worst life because they are white is extremely racist and narrow thinking.

Ok you aren’t really making any sense or perhaps trying to twist things I said into something they are not. I recognise that black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin - this can be a result of many causes. I believe to be born into a society where you may experience hatred indirectly or directly and things that effect every aspect of you life is not being born having privileges that others may have - how You work that Out to be racist I do not know especially when I’m standing up for the black community. Like I said before I just hope the negativity around certain extremism groups doesn’t allow us to go backwards. :thumbup:

I be honest I really don’t think you mean to be racist but please believe it is. It isn’t out and out nasty racism. But you profile people lives putting in a group because of they skin colour alone. The same thing you say happens to blacks are also problems in every other race. Please stop seeing it as a race thing it’s not it’s a class thing. Do you see what I mean?

Reversal tactics? Nice one. So if I highlight that a minority group is being discriminated against And it could mean that as a result of being discriminated against they may end up being in poverty that means I’m racist? :lol: Are you serious it’s actually the complete opposite to being racist% it’s highlighting a problem and a real concern that shouldn’t be ignored. Infact when ignorance is part of the problem. Hmmmm I question exactly what your agenda is but it feels a little sickening and extremely uncomfortable. So perhaps let’s just leave it at that. If you are going as far to call me racist then I dread to think what some may call you

black lives matter is highlighting something ….it was actually a Marxist mob that don't give two hoots about any lives..
white lives matter is racist.....it wasn't used 1/100 th as much.. and was pushback against people sleep walking into something it turns out they firmly do not agree with, this was the real HIGHLIGHTING...

I agree but it felt like every time someone stood up to racism another would shout out white lives matter or all lives matter which sort of is an insult to people who have experienced racism as a black person. It just upsets me if people are treated differently for who they are. :thumbright:

Re: Shock Nukes was right !! “ BLM “

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:32 pm

skidemin wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I just hope that as a result of this people don’t get the wrong idea and now think - racism doesn’t exist because it still does. This is about the BLM UK movement and their aims but not about the existence of racism because that’s a completely different topic!

Throughout I have found you comments the most racist. The way you think black people are all poor and down trodden. And can only be saved by the privileged white like yourself as you put it.

You must feel a right plum now with the support you gave this group.

I think you may have badly misinterpreted my previous comments. You are confusing my arguments with a political movement and my own support for people who are black. I think many on this message board have shown what sort of person they are over the last months or so. Well no I don’t feel like a plum because I never said I supported what the BLM movement does and aims in terms of defunding the police and maxism - you better read my previous comments on this thread etc. Ive actually argued against such extremism friends and family. I support an end to racism and have said black lives matter. Personally I hated the riots and violence but I get very suspicious of people who shout back ‘white lives matter’ when someone states black lives matter to combat racism. That to me suggests they don’t get there’s a racism problem worldwide. That’s where my problem lies and still does solely. I will always stand up against racism and think people should be called out on it. To call my comments racist is absolutely ridiculous but if this is what sort of comments thrown back at me is than u fortunately racism will never be solved. And again shows how you’ve interpreted my comments on previous threads. I never said all black people are poor and down trodden??? I said there is a inequality amongst the BAME community in terms of opportunities. I have never said anything about being saved by my white privilege - I said I want to help because I am aware of how important allies are when you are in a minority group and that I know 1st hand what it feel like. It’s a real shame that BLM has created such negativity because done properly we could have actually moved forward but as I mentioned I worry this will have the opposite effect.

I never said you saved them. But the fact you are a privileged white man thinking that black people aren’t and they live a worst life because they are white is extremely racist and narrow thinking.

Ok you aren’t really making any sense or perhaps trying to twist things I said into something they are not. I recognise that black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin - this can be a result of many causes. I believe to be born into a society where you may experience hatred indirectly or directly and things that effect every aspect of you life is not being born having privileges that others may have - how You work that Out to be racist I do not know especially when I’m standing up for the black community. Like I said before I just hope the negativity around certain extremism groups doesn’t allow us to go backwards. :thumbup:

I be honest I really don’t think you mean to be racist but please believe it is. It isn’t out and out nasty racism. But you profile people lives putting in a group because of they skin colour alone. The same thing you say happens to blacks are also problems in every other race. Please stop seeing it as a race thing it’s not it’s a class thing. Do you see what I mean?

Reversal tactics? Nice one. So if I highlight that a minority group is being discriminated against And it could mean that as a result of being discriminated against they may end up being in poverty that means I’m racist? :lol: Are you serious it’s actually the complete opposite to being racist% it’s highlighting a problem and a real concern that shouldn’t be ignored. Infact when ignorance is part of the problem. Hmmmm I question exactly what your agenda is but it feels a little sickening and extremely uncomfortable. So perhaps let’s just leave it at that. If you are going as far to call me racist then I dread to think what some may call you

black lives matter is highlighting something ….it was actually a Marxist mob that don't give two hoots about any lives..
white lives matter is racist.....it wasn't used 1/100 th as much.. and was pushback against people sleep walking into something it turns out they firmly do not agree with, this was the real HIGHLIGHTING...

I agree but it felt like every time someone stood up to racism another would shout out white lives matter or all lives matter which sort of is an insult to people who have experienced racism as a black person. It just upsets me if people are treated differently for who they are. :thumbright:

the reply was almost always ALL lives matter... I remember you trying to say BLM meant blm too... people could see it didn't mean that at all and that its a deliberate thought out statement that they've had years to alter... so anyone seeing it for what it was were saying ALL... and ALL did not exclude anyone.. I think you need to re assess some of what has been said and maybe not super impose your experiences in one minority onto another.. they aint the same mate..

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:33 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I recognise that black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin - this can be a result of many causes. I believe to be born into a society where you may experience hatred indirectly or directly and things that effect every aspect of you life is not being born having privileges that others may have - how You work that Out to be racist I do not know especially when I’m standing up for the black community. Like I said before I just hope the negativity around certain extremism groups doesn’t allow us to go backwards. :thumbup:

I say this with the greatest respect, as you have shown similar respect to other posters and ultimately, as I think I said on another thread at the time, racism is bad and we are effectively all on the same team in that regard.

However, your premise that 'black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin' is at it's core inherently racist as it aligns socio-economic factors (movable) with skin colour (immutable).

I do not think you are a racist, clearly you are not. Yet, that is a misjudged statement that is based on thinking that is simply too shallow (again not that you are shallow, simply that the line of thought is) to effectively bring about the changes we both would like to see.

Those suffering from poverty within the UK arguably have less opportunity to climb economic and social ladder. That is true regardless of skin colour. To focus on this as a race issue will overlook the challenges we face to fix the problem and simply sow the seeds of disharmony we have seen over the last month.

Rio Ferdinand's children, Dianne Abbot's children, Anthony Joshua's children will all lead a more privileged life as young black children than mine will as white children and good for them. Their parents have all exceeded within their chosen fields and earned the right to give their children more than they had. To a far lesser degree, I have done the same for my kids who will have a more privileged life than some children both white and black and a less privileged life than others.

I commend you on standing against extremism on all sides, something I fully endorse and agree with. However, you use the language of the progressive left/identity politics when you speak of allies and communities. For me, this thinking only ever leads to a divisive path, logically it is the avenue it can, as ultimately when we split into tribes and become judged on what we are rather than who we are, ultimately we eventually pit our respective tribes against each other.

We've made so much progress in establishing equality of opportunity and reducing prejudice in the last thirty years, by judging each other on our individual merits rather than our identity as part of a group. Identity politics is pushing us backwards in the wrong direction of that path I fear.

Like I say, I've tried to put this as respectfully as I can as I genuinely think you come from a place of kindness and good intention and I hope that this post comes across in the spirit intended and not antagonistic.

The end goal, of reducing prejudice is something we can agree on. It is the issue of how we arrive there where we disagree.

:ayatollah:

It’s a simple as I’m against racism, I’d hope that many of us are on here. A couple of weeks ago it felt the opposite but I think there’s been confusion between the political stance and what the statement BLM means on it’s own. I’m in a minority group myself and allies means people who will stand up for you, someone who understands what you are going through, advocate for you when others aim hatred towards you - nothing extremism about it? In terms of black people in poverty - I’m only discussing what has been reported on and have discussed it in the same manner. I’m not quite sure how bringing to attention a concern about something that may have resulted from racism, makes me racist? Infact it’s the exact opposite as I see it. Perhaps it’s been misinterpreted on here I don’t know? Of course there are socio economic reasons however being from a minority group myself, I can see how things can work. For example if I was bullied in quite a few of my previous jobs then this may certainly ly affect the types of jobs I may go for in future. I would be less likely to have any confidence in going for promotion. I may suffer from anxiety as a result of previous experience....you see where am going with this? It’s the subtle things that add up.

To be honest I come on here solely to talk about football but having seen some comments that have shocked me and made me worry I’ve ended up joining in the discussions. If people have been solely against BLM UK for which I didn’t even know existed until earlier today than fair enough - perhaps I had a lot of people wrong but it felt like many were making racist comments and this is what upset me. Perhaps it’s not the case? I don’t know but to be honest it’s kind of really wearing me down now so I think I’m just going leave it all it this.

You say you from a minority background yet in other posts you said you had white privilege.
Have I misunderstood you?

I post a video for you in another thread highlighting how some feel about white people thinking they helping out. You also stopped commenting then as well. It may be coincidence but you seem to disappear when some truths are thrown at you.

Like I said I don’t think you mean or even realise what you saying can upset people.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:35 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:I recognise that black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin - this can be a result of many causes. I believe to be born into a society where you may experience hatred indirectly or directly and things that effect every aspect of you life is not being born having privileges that others may have - how You work that Out to be racist I do not know especially when I’m standing up for the black community. Like I said before I just hope the negativity around certain extremism groups doesn’t allow us to go backwards. :thumbup:

I say this with the greatest respect, as you have shown similar respect to other posters and ultimately, as I think I said on another thread at the time, racism is bad and we are effectively all on the same team in that regard.

However, your premise that 'black people may have and still do today suffer poverty because of the colour of their skin' is at it's core inherently racist as it aligns socio-economic factors (movable) with skin colour (immutable).

I do not think you are a racist, clearly you are not. Yet, that is a misjudged statement that is based on thinking that is simply too shallow (again not that you are shallow, simply that the line of thought is) to effectively bring about the changes we both would like to see.

Those suffering from poverty within the UK arguably have less opportunity to climb economic and social ladder. That is true regardless of skin colour. To focus on this as a race issue will overlook the challenges we face to fix the problem and simply sow the seeds of disharmony we have seen over the last month.

Rio Ferdinand's children, Dianne Abbot's children, Anthony Joshua's children will all lead a more privileged life as young black children than mine will as white children and good for them. Their parents have all exceeded within their chosen fields and earned the right to give their children more than they had. To a far lesser degree, I have done the same for my kids who will have a more privileged life than some children both white and black and a less privileged life than others.

I commend you on standing against extremism on all sides, something I fully endorse and agree with. However, you use the language of the progressive left/identity politics when you speak of allies and communities. For me, this thinking only ever leads to a divisive path, logically it is the avenue it can, as ultimately when we split into tribes and become judged on what we are rather than who we are, ultimately we eventually pit our respective tribes against each other.

We've made so much progress in establishing equality of opportunity and reducing prejudice in the last thirty years, by judging each other on our individual merits rather than our identity as part of a group. Identity politics is pushing us backwards in the wrong direction of that path I fear.

Like I say, I've tried to put this as respectfully as I can as I genuinely think you come from a place of kindness and good intention and I hope that this post comes across in the spirit intended and not antagonistic.

The end goal, of reducing prejudice is something we can agree on. It is the issue of how we arrive there where we disagree.

Brilliantly put mate. Wish I had you ability to put my views down on paper as well as you do.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:39 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9LdwtW2eJw

Watch it from 44.50 once a blue. This is for you if you didn’t see it last time I posted it for you.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Brilliantly put mate. Wish I had you ability to put my views down on paper as well as you do.

I agree on the whole as it’s good to know that we all want much of the same result. I’m not saying my minority group is the same but as someone who has experienced bullying, harassment, hateful remarks and things used against me indirectly in the past Due to just because of being myself, I would like to think I know how it feels to a certain extent, but no I realise it’s not the same. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:01 pm

Still see these less than intelligent players still taking the knee. And I was told Sky have the logo at the top of the screen. The players don’t they get that BLM want to abolish capitalism that makes them there millions. And Sky well they are part of the problem

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:05 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:If people have been solely against BLM UK for which I didn’t even know existed until earlier today than fair enough - perhaps I had a lot of people wrong but it felt like many were making racist comments and this is what upset me. Perhaps it’s not the case? I don’t know but to be honest it’s kind of really wearing me down now so I think I’m just going leave it all it this.

Herein, lies the problem. If you look through the vast majority of comments against BLM most of the comments you felt were racist, were in fact, mostly against the overtly marxist rhetoric of the group and not anti black.

The whole issue most took with BLM was that they played a lot of good people like you for fools.

They prayed on your empathy and leveraged the hugely emotive issue of George Floyd's death to bring us to the brink of a race war sowing division where the truth is none really existed. Phrases like systemic racism or institutional racism were liberally thrown around and they (correctly) ran on the assertion that most people wouldn't look beyond the headlines.

They used the very community they purported to be championing as mere pawns in their political game and that was truly abhorrent as far as I am concerned.

This is the underlying danger of identity politics.

We separate ourselves into groups, based on skin colour, religion, sexuality etc and we are so easily divided. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and groups like BLM are able to manipulate us, to see systemic racism where it doesn't exist. Antifa use the exact same tactics fighting "the rise of the far right/nazis" and share the exact same ideology.

If we stop defining ourselves as part of our respective minority group and instead judge each other on our own personal merit as individuals, the world becomes a lot bigger and warmer place. Defining yourself by the minority group you sit within, does nothing but limit you to a banal stereotype when each and everyone of us is worth far, far more than that.

If the conversation is wearing you down though buddy, seriously unplug, I did it it recently myself for the same reasons. The internet is an unhealthy place and it's too easy to get sucked in.

Take it easy fella. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:09 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Thanks for the kind words buddy. To be honest though, your words are just as well put together as mine and probably get read more. I really struggle to put a short response together so I reckon a lot of people probably just scroll past. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:16 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Thanks for the kind words buddy. To be honest though, your words are just as well put together as mine and probably get read more. I really struggle to put a short response together so I reckon a lot of people probably just scroll past. :thumbup:

Your very kind. Thank you.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:21 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Your very kind. Thank you.

ive messaged you..

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:44 pm

The Nigel Farage And Piers Morgan link
https://mobile.twitter.com/Nigel_Farage ... 8475271168

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:47 pm

Bigmarkw wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

I agree on the whole as it’s good to know that we all want much of the same result. I’m not saying my minority group is the same but as someone who has experienced bullying, harassment, hateful remarks and things used against me indirectly in the past Due to just because of being myself, I would like to think I know how it feels to a certain extent, but no I realise it’s not the same. :thumbup:

have to say...you do not have to be in a minority to be bullied, harassed or have some very nasty remarks passed. and ive seen groups of black youths guilty of all. that's not to say minorities are not targeted but it really can happen to almost anyone as well.... and personally I think when minorities look a bit to hard for discrimination it back fires as your nascar thread did as in fact Bubba calling in the FBI did...... the Chelsea player who claimed racial chanting in a very multi cultural white hart lane when no one in a 62k crowd , no player, coach, official or policeman heard...racial chanting ? 2 investigations later no witnesses no TV evidence ? it discredits mate...

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:48 pm

The moral of the story is..

If you’re feeling like kneeling
Ealing sends you reeling
But he’s really dealing in healing

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:49 pm

Gives you a bit of insight into the funding of BLM
https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016 ... eral-foun/

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:56 pm

rumpo kid wrote:The moral of the story is..

Ealing sends you reeling

:notworthy: who said Wales is no longer the land of poets :notworthy:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:59 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Ealing sends you reeling

:notworthy: who said Wales is no longer the land of poets :notworthy:

need for a name change , rumpo ap kidio.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:00 pm

Once a blue.

You done it again. Failing to reply when the going gets tough and you past posts have bitten you on the arse.

It’s a same as I totally disagree with you views in interested to hear what you have to say.

Re: Shock Nukes was right !! BLM

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote::thumbright:

The simplest posts are the most effective imho :clap: :clap: Annis. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:57 am

Ealing sends you reeling

:notworthy: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:48 am

Bigmarkw wrote:Once a blue.

You done it again. Failing to reply when the going gets tough and you past posts have bitten you on the arse.

It’s a same as I totally disagree with you views in interested to hear what you have to say.

It’s kind of been concluded mate. My stance was to stand up against racism but others were arguing from a different stance. Some from a political approach. A political approach is not really something I’m interested in however it is hard as many discussions become intertwined. Certain words are interpreted differently and thatswhy I believe The term white privilege has been misinterpreted. Perhaps the word privilege is a confusing one and Doesn’t help either side of the arguement as it can have different variations. It does not mean to me that black people are poor because of their colour or because they haven’t earn their success - to me it just means you may have less benefits Whether that be situation that you have benefited from or something physical given to you that has an impact on your life. I don’t think you totally disagree with me as I feel we want the same thing. I think different terms are being interpreted in many ways. If I dont answer you back it’s probably because I’ve gone to bed or I’m doing other things as I don’t live on here 24/7 as much as I’d love to have the free time - I’m not well and things get exhausting very quickly for me. So apologies if some of your posts have gone unanswered as it certainly wasn’t intentional mate. You PM me and I messaged you back yesturday. I think as I said this topic has been concluded now anyway as much of it has got me feeling quite down not only on this topic but before with coronavirus information which is still going on unfortunately. I’m going to log off here for a while because sometimes certain things can effect mental health and things have felt quite negative for some time. That’s not to say people are right or wrong just perhaps upsetting to me and perhaps others too and therefore it’s best that I take some time out of social media as a whole. I enjoy comin*on here to chat about football and really that’s why I come here as it’s a great place to share and gain i formation abou Cardiff city and football in general :thumbright: I genuinely wish you well mate and hope to catch up again in the future :thumbright: :bluescarf: ps let’s hope we can make 6th place and beyond :bluebird:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:

Ealing sends you reeling

:notworthy: :ayatollah:

Rumpo - time for you to go on Britain’s got talent mate! ;)

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:07 am

"Black people matter!"

"White people matter!"

"You hurt my feelings with your opinion"

Welcome to 2020.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:31 am

PM Boris Johnson says he would not take the knee: 'I don't believe in gestures'

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:PM Boris Johnson says he would not take the knee: 'I don't believe in gestures'

It's good he's saying that

But if he had anything about him, he would have said that just after it first started.

I Like Boris, but he's no prime minister

Should have stayed as major of London

Then Prick Khan wouldn't be there.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:39 am

Ealing sends you reeling

Well, well

Wales has a new Dylan Thomas

What a piece of work you have produced

I bow to your lyrical genius

Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:58 am

Morgan Freeman was asked how do you stop racism ? And his reply was stop talking about it. Then he said also you stop referring to me as Black and I will stop referring to you as White.
Game over racism stopped in those few words. Why do we have racism ? Basically the Main stream media.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:03 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Morgan Freeman was asked how do you stop racism ? And his reply was stop talking about it. Then he said also you stop referring to me as Black and I will stop referring to you as White.
Game over racism stopped in those few words. Why do we have racism ? Basically the Main stream media.

I seen that interview

The guy weas looking for Morgan to be more of a race baiter, Morgan was brilliant.

If it's the interview I saw anyway, the guy asked him how racism affected him, Morgan replied it hasn't.

The interviewer was speechless

Black people need to take heed from him

Guys a legend

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:14 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Morgan Freeman was asked how do you stop racism ? And his reply was stop talking about it. Then he said also you stop referring to me as Black and I will stop referring to you as White.

https://youtu.be/0zkka24Cu2w

Freeman is a legend. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:32 pm

So I wonder if this is why our players support BLM ?
72461101-481C-4E06-A08C-874F4758B91D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.