Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Robert Glatzel for Saturday?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:50 am

Anyone heard if he’s fit for Saturday?

Re: Robert Glatzel for Saturday?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:11 am

If it was a concussion then I think you can't play for a certain amount of days afterwards so if that's the case he'll definitely be out at the weekend.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:31 am

davids wrote:If it was a concussion then I think you can't play for a certain amount of days afterwards so if that's the case he'll definitely be out at the weekend.

Think NH said that they have to have a look at Bob so I’m hoping that no news is good news.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:42 am

we need to go back to the 11 that started the 1st 2 games against peoples 1st teams and just replace Adomah..

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:47 am

skidemin wrote:we need to go back to the 11 that started the 1st 2 games against peoples 1st teams and just replace Adomah..

I do agree but RG was a really effective sub in those games so fingers crossed he’ll be ok for the bench.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:we need to go back to the 11 that started the 1st 2 games against peoples 1st teams and just replace Adomah..

I do agree but RG was a really effective sub in those games so fingers crossed he’ll be ok for the bench.

yes he really has done ok.. but as a team I though we were awful against Charlton. who I thought were the worse team ive seen us play this season. im a bit surprised how little game time Tomlin is getting , if your going to try and pass through the lines LT for an absolute minimum of half an hour is a must. if not we need to be reverting to going long more...its something these players can do and do effectively..

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:17 am

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

yes he really has done ok.. but as a team I though we were awful against Charlton. who I thought were the worse team ive seen us play this season. im a bit surprised how little game time Tomlin is getting , if your going to try and pass through the lines LT for an absolute minimum of half an hour is a must. if not we need to be reverting to going long more...its something these players can do and do effectively..

Personally I think s Tomlin should have started on Saturday; as you say, he could have ‘picked the lock’ maybe. If not, Harris should have deffo put him on after 45 min instead of Pack. I’m glad that we’re going to be playing a few top sides now as they’ll come at us and that tends to suit us; starting on Saturday. :thumbup:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:58 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Personally I think s Tomlin should have started on Saturday; as you say, he could have ‘picked the lock’ maybe. If not, Harris should have deffo put him on after 45 min instead of Pack. I’m glad that we’re going to be playing a few top sides now as they’ll come at us and that tends to suit us; starting on Saturday. :thumbup:

our rushed short free kicks mystified me against Charlton.. we are one of the better teams for scoring from dead balls statistically and they were not quick and short...

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:39 pm

Absolutely disagree with this.
Tomlin has to start. He’s our best, most creative player and should be back in the starting eleven now.
He works well with Glatzel who should also start if fit.

We’ve grown out of the hoofing it up to Paterson who’s a poor footballer imo.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:30 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

Tomlin has to start. He’s our best, most creative player and should be back in the starting eleven now.

It’s hard to disagree with your points but resorting to the starting team that beat Leeds and Preston has to be the team to start on Saturday (NML for Albert) and we then have the option of RG and Tomlin as impact subs. I would start with Tomlin on Tuesday Mind where the onus is on us to attack rather than hit the opposition on the break.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:38 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:

we were desperate to grow back into real football against Charlton.. are we passing more...yes...are we passing more in their box NO... sorry mate I hate pass number 5 being to a stand after pass number 4 was morrison to a midfielder on the halfway line...