Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ashley Williams '

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:02 am

Ashley Williams out of crunch Bristol City vs Cardiff City Championship play-off showdown

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=215809 :bluebird:

The Wales international is suspended for the Severnside derby match

By Ian Mitchelmore

Thursday 2nd July 2020

Ashley Williams will miss this weekend's crunch Championship fixture between Bristol City and Cardiff City due to suspension.

The centre-back was shown a straight red card after appearing to kick Tiago Silva before shoving Yuri Ribeiro during the Robins' 1-0 defeat to promotion hopefuls Nottingham Forest at the City Ground on Wednesday night.

It means the Welshman will now serve a ban, with the first game of that suspension seeing him miss Bristol City's mouth-watering Severnside derby clash with the Bluebirds at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

Williams is also set to miss his side's Championship matches with Hull City and Middlesbrough, although he will be available to face former club Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium on July 18.

"That’s a big slur on the match from our point of view. I didn’t see it even though I was 20 yards from it - that’s not just manager talk - I genuinely didn’t see it," Lee Johnson told BristolLive.

"It sounds like a rush of blood and is disappointing from a senior player - but at the same time I thought we were the better side after that and had a couple of good chances with 10 men."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Ashley Williams '

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:12 am

That's actually a shame as he's so crap nowadays it would be better for us if he was playing.