Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Leicester

Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:00 pm

And people wonder why there's another lockdown
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Leicester

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:36 pm

Reaping what they've sown.

Not surprised, advice was to socially distance etc.

Ignored.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:59 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:Reaping what they've sown.

Not surprised, advice was to socially distance etc.

Ignored.

Not only was it ignored, it was a case of business as usual, in certain sectors of the City. Blatantly, and arrogantly ignored.

I’ve got good friends living in Leicester, and they are tamping, to say the least, that they have to further lock Down because of the actions of others. The laws to soft in this country, and need to be changed rapid!

Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Do you seriously believe a 2 hour protest with ~500 people is what caused Leicester go into lockdown? Despite similar and larger protests happening in Cardiff, London, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Birmingham, Nottingham, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow and London as well as many more I’m sure I’ve missed out. Yet none of these cities have been placed into regional lockdown. Bournemouth beach has had tens of thousands of people crammed onto it and they’ve not needed a new lockdown, London has 15,000 people attend the BLM protest then several thousand more attend an anti BLM protest but for some reason it was the couple hundred people attending a one off protest in Leicester city centre that are at fault.

Or do you think perhaps it’s the factories that remained open for 4 months working at full capacity for 12 hours a day? Or the incompetence of a government who refused to introduce a real lockdown? Or the soft handed authorities that allowed gatherings?

The BLM UK organisation has many things you can rightfully be critical of but blaming the lockdown in Leicester on this image is nonsense.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:16 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:Do you seriously believe a 2 hour protest with ~500 people is what caused Leicester go into lockdown? Despite similar and larger protests happening in Cardiff, London, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Birmingham, Nottingham, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow and London as well as many more I’m sure I’ve missed out. Yet none of these cities have been placed into regional lockdown. Bournemouth beach has had tens of thousands of people crammed onto it and they’ve not needed a new lockdown, London has 15,000 people attend the BLM protest then several thousand more attend an anti BLM protest but for some reason it was the couple hundred people attending a one off protest in Leicester city centre that are at fault.

Or do you think perhaps it’s the factories that remained open for 4 months working at full capacity for 12 hours a day? Or the incompetence of a government who refused to introduce a real lockdown? Or the soft handed authorities that allowed gatherings?

The BLM UK organisation has many things you can rightfully be critical of but blaming the lockdown in Leicester on this image is nonsense.

Other cities you mention,

Haven't gone into lockdown yet,

But is it just a matter of time.?

No, I dont put the blame fully on the BLM nonsense, 500 christ you got a good eyesight

But I do put the blame hugely on the Muslim community,

Who blatantly still gathered in huge numbers in mosques

And local parks, hence why the spike seems to be huge in Muslim communities in Leivester.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:Do you seriously believe a 2 hour protest with ~500 people is what caused Leicester go into lockdown? Despite similar and larger protests happening in Cardiff, London, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Sheffield, Birmingham, Nottingham, Brighton, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow and London as well as many more I’m sure I’ve missed out. Yet none of these cities have been placed into regional lockdown. Bournemouth beach has had tens of thousands of people crammed onto it and they’ve not needed a new lockdown, London has 15,000 people attend the BLM protest then several thousand more attend an anti BLM protest but for some reason it was the couple hundred people attending a one off protest in Leicester city centre that are at fault.

No, I dont put the blame fully on the BLM nonsense, 500 christ you got a good eyesight

And local parks, hence why the spike seems to be huge in Muslim communities in Leivester.

500 is an estimate, maybe it’s more maybe it’s less, if you can find an accurate figure by all means correct me.
You mention Muslims gathering in mosques and parks but don’t bother acknowledging my points about the beach goers. From the pics Annis has posted from Bournemouth, Blackpool and Ogmore it seems the majority of the people there seem to be white Brits. Sure, I’ll admit you can’t tell a persons religion from their looks but I’ll happily make the assumption that most of them weren’t Muslim.

Then we get to the VE Day parties. People gathering in their dozens and in some cases hundreds in the streets sharing drinks and food, again I’ll happily make the assumption not many Muslims took part in that.

My other points about the government you ignored too, you “put the blame hugely on the Muslim community” instead of our government who have a multitude of faults, to name a few:
Scrapped a pandemic cabinet committee 6months before Covid.
Ignored all warnings coming from Asia and subsequently Europe.
Locked down our country after the majority of Europe.
Didn’t quarantine flights until June, quarantines which weren’t even enforced.
Failed to provide adequate PPE for healthcare and essential workers.
Did almost nothing to prevent Covid spreading like wildfire through care homes killing an estimated 15,000 elderly.
Didn’t fund police to properly regulate and enforce lockdown.
Failure to produce adequate testing.
And now declaring pubs will open on “Super Saturday”. Surely anyone with more than 2 brain cells can see opening on a Monday is far more sensible and safe.

Our country had a huge advantage with this virus. We’re an island nation outside of the Schengen area with prior warning what was coming yet our government fucked up big time. Fucked up worse than any minority group, religious group, protester or party goer.
Our ruling elite care more about profits and power than their own citizens.
If you want to put the blame hugely on someone it’s our government you should be blaming.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:42 pm

Yes,

Fair points there.

But Leicester is where the new lockdown is now, the biggest spike in that city is in a predominantly Muslim area, where they don't adhere to, or think they are ruled by the UK government. Just my opinion.

The governments complete handling of this virus has been shocking to say the least.

I had more hope when Dithering Johnson took over. but he's proved hes just a comedy character not a serious political figure, head of our government, my son makes a decision quicker than he can. He's 9

I did mention that other Cities where there been major gatherings,and I think those Cities Bournemouth especially

Will be in for a shock

I will be very surprised if they do not see a sharp spike in the near future.

The goverment, when this is all over, will have a lot of questions to answer.

Lives lost when more should have been done.

Scientists who didn't shine in there moment when we needed them most

The UK should have been totally shut down at least 2 months earlier, and fully prepared.

And Totally shutdown. Airports closed. Masks worn in public by all,

More test centres in place from as early as they had the warning of this virus.

When you have the leader of the opposition bending a knee to be cool with a movement he didn't look into.

And

A government who can't make a decision, without the media or public getting involved and swaying them.

Then

What hope do we have ?

Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:51 pm

Citysince72 wrote:Yes,

Fair points there.

But Leicester is where the new lockdown is now, the biggest spike in that city is in a predominantly Muslim area, where they don't adhere to, or think they are ruled by the UK government. Just my opinion.

The governments complete handling of this virus has been shocking to say the least.

I had more hope when Dithering Johnson took over. but he's proved hes just a comedy character not a serious political figure, head of our government, my son makes a decision quicker than he can. He's 9

I did mention that other Cities where there been major gatherings,and I think those Cities Bournemouth especially

Will be in for a shock

The UK should have been totally shut down at least 2 months earlier, and fully prepared.

When you have the leader of the opposition bending a knee to be cool with a movement he didn't look into.

And

A government who can't make a decision, without the media or public getting involved and swaying them.

Then

What hope do we have ?

A second spike will happen but that was inevitable from the get go, it's common with most viruses coupled with the fact it's a respiratory virus which are more prevalent during autumn and winter months. The majority of experts have predicted second spikes, we just need to be ready for it.

I agree there's Muslims that don't integrate well into society, that's apparent and it happens with all ethnic groups and religions around the world when they're away from their native environment.
I disagree though that this inability to integrate by a portion of the community is enough to claim their religion and religious practices is what has caused the Leicester spike.

The factories and sweatshops that refused to close their doors are predominantly staffed by Muslims and Asian immigrants, they were forced to work during this pandemic in tight, hot, sweaty conditions with no PPE. The workers then go home to multi-generational households with very old and vulnerable family members in houses with 7+ people where the virus spreads easily, similar to the care home spread but on a smaller scale.

Personally I know more Christians that have attended religious meetings than any other religion and the Church near me has had a suspiciously busy car park every Sunday for the past 3 months.

If you have statistical evidence showing Muslims have been praying more than other religious groups I would happily be proven wrong but I don't believe their faith has caused this new wave in Leicester.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:54 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

Fair points there.

Will be in for a shock

And

Then

What hope do we have ?

A second spike will happen but that was inevitable from the get go, it's common with most viruses coupled with the fact it's a respiratory virus which are more prevalent during autumn and winter months. The majority of experts have predicted second spikes, we just need to be ready for it.

I agree there's Muslims that don't integrate well into society, that's apparent and it happens with all ethnic groups and religions around the world when they're away from their native environment.
I disagree though that this inability to integrate by a portion of the community is enough to claim their religion and religious practices is what has caused the Leicester spike.

The factories and sweatshops that refused to close their doors are predominantly staffed by Muslims and Asian immigrants, they were forced to work during this pandemic in tight, hot, sweaty conditions with no PPE. The workers then go home to multi-generational households with very old and vulnerable family members in houses with 7+ people where the virus spreads easily, similar to the care home spread but on a smaller scale.

Personally I know more Christians that have attended religious meetings than any other religion and the Church near me has had a suspiciously busy car park every Sunday for the past 3 months.

If you have statistical evidence showing Muslims have been praying more than other religious groups I would happily be proven wrong but I don't believe their faith has caused this new wave in Leicester.

You say the sweatshops, factories refused to close there doors

What evidence do you actually have of that ? Or it just another way to excuse any blame towards a muslim

I never mentioned integration into Western ways, I said and stand by they dont listen to our government
As they dont see themselves as British., if you say it's a portion of them, that's as way off as the 500 you say at the demo.
The muslims I know tell me what most Muslims really think of the UK, USA & the west in general, and it's a huge majority not a "portion" and hate is a word they mostly use towards the west

Large Muslim gatherings were taking place in the local parks, mosques were not closing as told to, theres a guy from Leicester who was speaking on the radio about it, he took photographic evidence,

Maybe Christian's didnt either, Jews or Sikhs, as they all think they are above illness

But they dont live in a Muslim area that's just had a spike in cases,

As for many Ethnic groups in this country, I find the Sikhs and Hindus to be a
Mostly friendly welcoming people and do try to integrate, and in general a lot more pleasant than there fellow Muslim countrymen that's for sure

Whenever a Muslim is mentioned in any negative way, people like yourself find an excuse to not apportion any
Blame there way.

If, in a predominantly Muslim community the spike started, how else did it escalate there

Please dont say covid is islamaphobic now and against Islam, so it just magically appeared there.

The spike in Leicester in my opinion has a lot to do with Muslims not obeying the UK lockdown law.

I would love to know how many new cases in Leicester are of the Muslim faith

And I'd bet any money the majority are Muslim.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 pm

It is completely down to the Asian community the areas that have caused lockdown are nearly 100% Asian. And the tend to live by the own rules there. There’s a big part of the city that’s lockdown because of the actions of these people. The city is is dead until you get to Evington spinner hills and Melton road and it’s almost life as normal.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Lockdown Leicester .

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:10 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

Fair points there.

Will be in for a shock

And

Then

What hope do we have ?

You say the sweatshops, factories refused to close there doors

What evidence do you actually have of that ? Or it just another way to excuse any blame towards a muslim

I never mentioned integration into Western ways, I said and stand by they dont listen to our government
As they dont see themselves as British., if you say it's a portion of them, that's as way off as the 500 you say at the demo.
The muslims I know tell me what most Muslims really think of the UK, USA & the west in general, and it's a huge majority not a "portion" and hate is a word they mostly use towards the west

Large Muslim gatherings were taking place in the local parks, mosques were not closing as told to, theres a guy from Leicester who was speaking on the radio about it, he took photographic evidence,

Maybe Christian's didnt either, Jews or Sikhs, as they all think they are above illness

But they dont live in a Muslim area that's just had a spike in cases,

As for many Ethnic groups in this country, I find the Sikhs and Hindus to be a
Mostly friendly welcoming people and do try to integrate, and in general a lot more pleasant than there fellow Muslim countrymen that's for sure

Whenever a Muslim is mentioned in any negative way, people like yourself find an excuse to not apportion any
Blame there way.

If, in a predominantly Muslim community the spike started, how else did it escalate there

Please dont say covid is islamaphobic now and against Islam, so it just magically appeared there.

The spike in Leicester in my opinion has a lot to do with Muslims not obeying the UK lockdown law.

I would love to know how many new cases in Leicester are of the Muslim faith

And I'd bet any money the majority are Muslim.

Yes I do say sweatshops and factories refused to close their doors. Since you asked, evidence of which can be seen here (I tried using a range of left and right wing as well as tabloid and broadsheet sources to avoid bias):

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/leic ... 85116.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 96226.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-53263733

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/01/clothes- ... -12926381/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... kdown.html

The last article even states "Garment manufacturers in Leicester have vowed to defy the city’s local coronavirus lockdown, protesting that they cannot afford to lose any more money even if it means putting lives at risk." It's not speculation, the evidence comes straight from the business owners mouths. Profits mean more than lives and if that includes spreading the coronavirus so be it.

Maybe the Muslims you know and the ones I know are of different faiths and opinions then, as in my situation it is the minority that are opposed to western ways (of all the Muslims I know it's actually 0 but I'll allow some leeway that people might not be open about such opinions). I also doubt your Muslim friends can categorically say how the majority of Muslims in Britain feel same ways I doubt my friends could. I would also guess it is the younger generation who are more westernised and integrated as that is the social circle I find myself in most when it comes to the Muslim community.

I'm not trying to find an excuse or make apologies just because they're Muslim. I'm trying to use the evidence and the facts that are easily available to provide my counter point to your argument.

If Bournemouth had gone into lockdown this week and you said you believed it to be the residents breaking lockdown and bringing it upon themselves I would also disagree with those claims. As such I would be using news reports and articles showing the 10's of thousands of travellers that went to Bournemouth, used the beaches, didn't social distance and how it was them who most likely spread the virus and not the locals.

I've explained how in a Muslim community the spike started and escalated via the workers in businesses that didn't close. I've now given you several sources that line up with my statements of the factories staying open.
More reasoning for why it has started and spiked in Leicester can be seen here "Leicester has the largest number of garment workers in the UK and there are 1,500 garment manufacturing businesses in the city employing around 10,000 people." Leicester has just over a 30% Asian population and just under 19% Muslim population. So the city with the most garment factories, with said factories ignoring lockdown, which features much higher than average Asian and Muslim populations, has now seen a spike with sources suggesting that those factories and businesses which employ a high number of Asians and Muslims are one of the main causes.

I'm not sure how you've mistook stats and news reports as some sort of apology for a religious group I'm not part of in a city 150 miles away.

Lastly, genuine question, was my guess of ~500 that far off? You've brought it up twice now and I thought that was reasonable looking at the pic. What would your guess be?

Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:24 pm

You can come back with all the stats you want

It still doesn't change the fact that the Muslim community is where the spike is.

You can blame the sweatshops and I will blame the mosque and park gatherings, funerals that masses attended.

You can say it's a minority of Muslims who don't like western ways

And I will say how many did you see celebrating VE day or anything to do with British culture and I tell you that's a tiny minority that do.

If any minority at all.

You can say, only a tiny % are terrorists and I will say to you, does that matter

Ask the families who had kids slain in Manchester, they may differ.

Look at all the terrorism in Syria, Lybia, Iraq to name a few, thousands upon thousands being killed because of the Muslim faith

The wedding in Iraq where some Muslim faith based terrorist bombed and killed over 60 people, this amount of deaths is a regular occurrence in these countries

Listen, if you want to get involved in a Muslim/Islam debate with me

Then when lockdown is over il met you for a coffee

I could go on and on about the faith, I've had the misfortune to study it for work.

You and people who think like you will always find a way to excuse Muslims.

You can give me a stat and if I looked I'd find you a stat confirming the opposite

If you truly believe it's only a minority that hate the West, you really are way of the mark.

And you say left and right views with your attachments

Does being a normal man with my own opinions class me as from what im gathering, you think right wing ?

Or is it I'm just because im sick of a barbaric cult that doesn't belong here.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:36 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

500 is an estimate, maybe it’s more maybe it’s less, if you can find an accurate figure by all means correct me.
You mention Muslims gathering in mosques and parks but don’t bother acknowledging my points about the beach goers. From the pics Annis has posted from Bournemouth, Blackpool and Ogmore it seems the majority of the people there seem to be white Brits. Sure, I’ll admit you can’t tell a persons religion from their looks but I’ll happily make the assumption that most of them weren’t Muslim.

Then we get to the VE Day parties. People gathering in their dozens and in some cases hundreds in the streets sharing drinks and food, again I’ll happily make the assumption not many Muslims took part in that.

My other points about the government you ignored too, you “put the blame hugely on the Muslim community” instead of our government who have a multitude of faults, to name a few:
Scrapped a pandemic cabinet committee 6months before Covid.
Ignored all warnings coming from Asia and subsequently Europe.
Locked down our country after the majority of Europe.
Didn’t quarantine flights until June, quarantines which weren’t even enforced.
Failed to provide adequate PPE for healthcare and essential workers.
Did almost nothing to prevent Covid spreading like wildfire through care homes killing an estimated 15,000 elderly.
Didn’t fund police to properly regulate and enforce lockdown.
Failure to produce adequate testing.
And now declaring pubs will open on “Super Saturday”. Surely anyone with more than 2 brain cells can see opening on a Monday is far more sensible and safe.

Our country had a huge advantage with this virus. We’re an island nation outside of the Schengen area with prior warning what was coming yet our government fucked up big time. Fucked up worse than any minority group, religious group, protester or party goer.
Our ruling elite care more about profits and power than their own citizens.
If you want to put the blame hugely on someone it’s our government you should be blaming.

Firstly there were an estimated 4000 on the march,not that it makes a difference,as you have correctly pointed out,many,many more thousands gathered on beaches during the hot spell,the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of this totally incompetent government, for all the above!! 72 hates Islam with a passion,and that's his choice,but it's not right to blame muslims in general,just because the spike is in a predominantly Asian community,if these garment factories had threatened to ignore the rules during lockdown, where the f@ck were government inspectors, police etc,to prevent them from staying open??? The piss weak enforcement of lockdown is to blame, along with all the other reasons as to why there are spikes,including ignorance by ALL creeds,and colours.I posted on here about the VE parties,including a large one at the other end of my street,with a mini bus even turning up,with guests from other areas!! No muslims involved,I must add.I count myself fortunate,and have friends of many faiths,and even though I don't have one myself,have always found them all very friendly, and most welcoming,in factt I'd go as far as to say,more welcoming than some white friends,always offering food etc,especially during Ramadan and eid,from my Muslim friends.judge and you shall be judged is my motto in life,In repost to 72,I have mentioned that perhaps,if we hadn't invaded these countries,in the name of oil,perhaps what hatred "they" have for the West wouldn't exist?? Would you be friends a nation,if soldiers from that nation had kicked in your door,and murdered relatives and loved ones?? I will be honest, I would struggle to forgive.just putting that out there,and being truthful. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Citysince72 wrote:You can come back with all the stats you want

It still doesn't change the fact that the Muslim community is where the spike is.

Correct and I’ve given backed up reasons for why this could be. I have given stats easily accessible online and I’m sure I can find more if you want them.

You can blame the sweatshops and I will blame the mosque and park gatherings, funerals that masses attended.

And again I’ve provided evidence for my reasoning, you’ve provided an anecdote from a friend and a claim a bloke on the radio took a picture. Radio being notoriously unreliable for showing photographic evidence I’ll add.

And I will say how many did you see celebrating VE day or anything to do with British culture and I tell you that's a tiny minority that do.

If any minority at all.

Anyone celebrating VE Day is a fool in my opinion, there was a pandemic on and gatherings were banned. You don’t want Muslims gathering but you want people to celebrate VE Day together?

Secondly, I didn’t celebrate VE Day, I don’t support the Monarchy, I think most British booze tastes like piss and I prefer the European stuff, I don’t like tea, I think international TV is far superior to the dross BBC/ITV/C4 pump out. 0 of my friends and family participated in VE Day celebrations. Does that mean I don't like Western values?

You can say, only a tiny % are terrorists and I will say to you, does that matter

I’ve not said that and I’m not sure why you’ve moved the conversation about a coronavirus outbreak in Leicester onto this topic of terrorism :?

That’s rather crass don’t you think? Using the families and victims of a terrorist attack from over 3 years ago to try to justify your point that it was Muslims praying and going to parks causing a coronavirus outbreak in Leicester.

Look at all the terrorism in Syria, Lybia, Iraq to name a few, thousands upon thousands being killed because of the Muslim faith

The wedding in Iraq where some Muslim faith based terrorist bombed and killed over 60 people, this amount of deaths is a regular occurrence in these countries

Again back onto terrorism, the topic of conversation was a lockdown in Leicester after a coronavirus spike. Your views being it was Muslims praying that caused it and mine being it was the factories forcing people to work.

I could go on and on about the faith, I've had the misfortune to study it for work.

Kind offer but I’m not looking for a Muslim/Islam debate. Or a talk about terrorism. This discussion was about a coronavirus outbreak in Leicester and the causes of it

Again you’ve somehow mistaken me using easily found sources as an apology for a community I’m not part of in a city 150 miles away. Me having a differing view to you doesn't make me part of some agenda

You can give me a stat and if I looked I'd find you a stat confirming the opposite

You haven’t though, I gave you stats and sources and you’ve continued to use anecdotal evidence as your argument.
If Glatzel doesn’t play against Bristol and you claim your mate told you it’s cause he’s lazy, if sufficient evidence existed I would use it to justify my view that’s it’s a concussion from Charlton and Championship regulations are forcing him not to play.

If you truly believe it's only a minority that hate the West, you really are way of the mark.

And from personal interactions and conversations that’s what I’ve observed. If you’ve observed otherwise so be it

Does being a normal man with my own opinions class me as from what im gathering, you think right wing ?

Again you've jumped to the conclusion that there's some sort of conspiracy or agenda against you. I used left and right wing views as that’s how you conduct sensible research to avoid bias, it's the very basics of research and analysis. If we signed a winger from Liverpool I would take more notice of Sky and BBC’s opinions of the player and his scoring record compared to some blokes on a Liverpool forum or a Reddit football thread claiming he's the next Mo Salah

Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:48 pm

@BlueSince62
f*cking hell 4000, maybe I need my eyes tested :oops: :oops: :oops: I've never needed to guess crowd sizes before they always announce them down the city

Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:49 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:

Correct and I’ve given backed up reasons for why this could be. I have given stats easily accessible online and I’m sure I can find more if you want them.

And again I’ve provided evidence for my reasoning, you’ve provided an anecdote from a friend and a claim a bloke on the radio took a picture. Radio being notoriously unreliable for showing photographic evidence I’ll add.

If any minority at all.

Anyone celebrating VE Day is a fool in my opinion, there was a pandemic on and gatherings were banned. You don’t want Muslims gathering but you want people to celebrate VE Day together?

Secondly, I didn’t celebrate VE Day, I don’t support the Monarchy, I think most British booze tastes like piss and I prefer the European stuff, I don’t like tea, I think international TV is far superior to the dross BBC/ITV/C4 pump out. 0 of my friends and family participated in VE Day celebrations. Does that mean I don't like Western values?

I’ve not said that and I’m not sure why you’ve moved the conversation about a coronavirus outbreak in Leicester onto this topic of terrorism :?

That’s rather crass don’t you think? Using the families and victims of a terrorist attack from over 3 years ago to try to justify your point that it was Muslims praying and going to parks causing a coronavirus outbreak in Leicester.

Again back onto terrorism, the topic of conversation was a lockdown in Leicester after a coronavirus spike. Your views being it was Muslims praying that caused it and mine being it was the factories forcing people to work.

Kind offer but I’m not looking for a Muslim/Islam debate. Or a talk about terrorism. This discussion was about a coronavirus outbreak in Leicester and the causes of it

Again you’ve somehow mistaken me using easily found sources as an apology for a community I’m not part of in a city 150 miles away. Me having a differing view to you doesn't make me part of some agenda

You haven’t though, I gave you stats and sources and you’ve continued to use anecdotal evidence as your argument.
If Glatzel doesn’t play against Bristol and you claim your mate told you it’s cause he’s lazy, if sufficient evidence existed I would use it to justify my view that’s it’s a concussion from Charlton and Championship regulations are forcing him not to play.

And from personal interactions and conversations that’s what I’ve observed. If you’ve observed otherwise so be it

Again you've jumped to the conclusion that there's some sort of conspiracy or agenda against you. I used left and right wing views as that’s how you conduct sensible research to avoid bias, it's the very basics of research and analysis. If we signed a winger from Liverpool I would take more notice of Sky and BBC’s opinions of the player and his scoring record compared to some blokes on a Liverpool forum or a Reddit football thread claiming he's the next Mo Salah

Very clever to highlight your answers in blue

Personally I'd respect the message board on a player as they watch him week in week out.

How many players with good stats have been shxt for us

There's stats everywhere to confirm any argument these days.

Yes VE celebrations were on a lockdown

Did you have the same problem with
BLM marches in a lockdown To?

I respect the Monarchy, I drink tea, I will drink any lager from any country, what point was you making there ?

Do you respect the army? Or would you disband it and the royal family??

Did you bend a knee?

I'm kind of getting what your about

I would have to look into your stats, the accuracy, origin and validity in more detail to make a firm point, but I haven't the time

And I've no doubt I'd find a stat opposite to yours.

Scientist have
Stated facts that masks work

Other scientists have stated facts they don't work

Who do I believe, they are both respected, qualified scientists

I stand by Muslims are at fault for the spike for not adhering to lockdown rules

Your clever little words & colours and facts I'm not going to bother counter acting with today, will not change my mind

Even the news channels confirm it's in an Asian part of Leicester that's predominantly Muslim.

Maybe your in depth analysis has missed a simple point.

It's obvious where the fault lies, no matter how intellectual you want to sound.

Muslim community spike, Muslims at fault.

Simple really.

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:05 pm

Super Saturday - But not in Leicester tomorrow :(

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

If any minority at all.

Would you prefer red? Nothing clever about typing in a different colour it just makes it easier to follow a statement/response discussion

Personally I'd respect the message board on a player as they watch him week in week out.

Come off it mate, football fans are the worst bunch of hypocrites and I'm sure anyone on the board can agree :lol: how many times have we lost and the first post up involves a) the ref, b) the other players being dirty, c) the English FA having an agenda against us. How many times have we made scapegoats out of certain players

And then their stats will show that during their time at Cardiff City they were shit

Yet you continuously fail to provide stats to back up your own argument

Yes, I hold anyone who broke lockdown unnecessarily to the same contempt. Protestors, beach goers, VE parties, secret pub openings, kickabouts in parks, etc. There was a clear ruling in place, no gatherings unless necessary. I successfully followed the rules but unfortunately a small section of our country let us down.

I respect the Monarchy, I drink tea, I will drink any lager from any country, what point was you making there ?

I googled "British Culture" and those were some of the main things that came up, my point being that Brits can also be someone who doesn't agree/do/enjoy those things

Do I want to disband the royal family? Yes, I would be perfectly happy if the monarchy ended when the Queen passes. I think they're an archaic institution that has gone on long enough. I don't believe they offer much in value to our country or positively affect our way of life. The people I don't mind, Elizabeth hasn't done anything wrong imo and Harry seems a pretty decent bloke from what I've heard. It's the monarchy as a principle I don't agree with.

I'm assuming you've jumped to the conclusion that because I didn't celebrate VE day I don't support the army and want it disbanded? That's one hell of a jump and is incorrect

Did you bend a knee?

Nope

I would have to look into your stats, the accuracy, origin and validity in more detail to make a firm point, but I haven't the time

I'll make it easy for you, any percentages I used came from the ONS, in terms of accuracy, origin and validity you should be happy enough with that. The information about factories staying open came from factory and business owners admitting it to several news sources.

You've yet to offer anything so far, it took just a couple of minutes and a quick google and some checking of sources for me to back up my arguments with what I believe is adequate evidence.

Scientist have

The majority of the scientists that stated they don't work have since changed their statements as more data and research about the coronavirus has been released. Many were originally going off previous pandemic data (Hong Kong flu, SARS, MERS) and guesswork. There's also speculation that the downplaying of the effectiveness of masks was to allow hospitals and healthcare workers to secure them before panic buying bought up the supplies.

Believe the ones with the most data, research and analysis into masks effectiveness. With some more quick searching I have found NHS, WHO, CDC guidelines for mask wearing, many of these with up to date info from the past few weeks.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... dance.html

https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2020 ... ublic.html

Research from a collaborative effort from some of the leading scientists and healthcare workers in the world, with their research and statistics and explanations into their conclusions should be enough.

I stand by Muslims are at fault for the spike for not adhering to lockdown rules

I've not tried to disagree that the spike has occurred amongst the Muslim and Asian population. I've said they broke lockdown rules because they were being forced into work to feed and house themselves and their families,

Your clever little words & colours and facts I'm not going to bother counter acting with today, will not change my mind

You've really got hung up on the colours thing haven't you?

Even the news channels confirm it's in an Asian part of Leicester that's predominantly Muslim.

For the second time, I've not tried to claim the spike has occurred outside of the Asian and Muslim population.

It's obvious where the fault lies, no matter how intellectual you want to sound.

And here's the hat trick, I've never once said that the spike occurred outside of the Muslim community. In fact I've acknowledged that the spike occurred in a Muslim community and explained why. My "in depth analysis" is basic fact finding and research that high schoolers are taught.

Simple really.

Yet you seem to be struggling

Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:37 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:@BlueSince62
f*cking hell 4000, maybe I need my eyes tested :oops: :oops: :oops: I've never needed to guess crowd sizes before they always announce them down the city

I got the figures from Leicestershire press,wasn't having a go,as you must have read the next sentence of"not that it matters"? Obvious that there were more than in that particular photo,that's all. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:52 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:@BlueSince62

I got the figures from Leicestershire press,wasn't having a go,as you must have read the next sentence of"not that it matters"? Obvious that there were more than in that particular photo,that's all. :old: :bluebird:

Oh aye don't worry I know you weren't having a go. Was just shocked I was so far out :lol:

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:17 pm

WestCoastBlue wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:
WestCoastBlue wrote:

If any minority at all.

Would you prefer red? Nothing clever about typing in a different colour it just makes it easier to follow a statement/response discussion

Come off it mate, football fans are the worst bunch of hypocrites and I'm sure anyone on the board can agree :lol: how many times have we lost and the first post up involves a) the ref, b) the other players being dirty, c) the English FA having an agenda against us. How many times have we made scapegoats out of certain players

And then their stats will show that during their time at Cardiff City they were shit

Yet you continuously fail to provide stats to back up your own argument

Yes, I hold anyone who broke lockdown unnecessarily to the same contempt. Protestors, beach goers, VE parties, secret pub openings, kickabouts in parks, etc. There was a clear ruling in place, no gatherings unless necessary. I successfully followed the rules but unfortunately a small section of our country let us down.

I googled "British Culture" and those were some of the main things that came up, my point being that Brits can also be someone who doesn't agree/do/enjoy those things

Do I want to disband the royal family? Yes, I would be perfectly happy if the monarchy ended when the Queen passes. I think they're an archaic institution that has gone on long enough. I don't believe they offer much in value to our country or positively affect our way of life. The people I don't mind, Elizabeth hasn't done anything wrong imo and Harry seems a pretty decent bloke from what I've heard. It's the monarchy as a principle I don't agree with.

I'm assuming you've jumped to the conclusion that because I didn't celebrate VE day I don't support the army and want it disbanded? That's one hell of a jump and is incorrect

Did you bend a knee?

Nope

I'll make it easy for you, any percentages I used came from the ONS, in terms of accuracy, origin and validity you should be happy enough with that. The information about factories staying open came from factory and business owners admitting it to several news sources.

You've yet to offer anything so far, it took just a couple of minutes and a quick google and some checking of sources for me to back up my arguments with what I believe is adequate evidence.

Scientist have

The majority of the scientists that stated they don't work have since changed their statements as more data and research about the coronavirus has been released. Many were originally going off previous pandemic data (Hong Kong flu, SARS, MERS) and guesswork. There's also speculation that the downplaying of the effectiveness of masks was to allow hospitals and healthcare workers to secure them before panic buying bought up the supplies.

Believe the ones with the most data, research and analysis into masks effectiveness. With some more quick searching I have found NHS, WHO, CDC guidelines for mask wearing, many of these with up to date info from the past few weeks.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... dance.html

https://rs-delve.github.io/reports/2020 ... ublic.html

Research from a collaborative effort from some of the leading scientists and healthcare workers in the world, with their research and statistics and explanations into their conclusions should be enough.

I've not tried to disagree that the spike has occurred amongst the Muslim and Asian population. I've said they broke lockdown rules because they were being forced into work to feed and house themselves and their families,

You've really got hung up on the colours thing haven't you?

For the second time, I've not tried to claim the spike has occurred outside of the Asian and Muslim population.

And here's the hat trick, I've never once said that the spike occurred outside of the Muslim community. In fact I've acknowledged that the spike occurred in a Muslim community and explained why. My "in depth analysis" is basic fact finding and research that high schoolers are taught.

Simple really.

Yet you seem to be struggling

I like the red more, it stands out, don't you think ?

Of course we could agree red is nice on here but not on our teams kit though.

YES, I agree my argument has been lazy with no statistical evidence to back it up.

But I did score hatrick against you blaming the muslims haha (childish I know, but I'm only 47)

Without making excuses, I've had my 9 year old who willnot leave me alone, trying to decorate my living room to. So my evidence has been shall we say, not satisfactory.

That said, as I've been told of for being on my phone to much, i have to withdraw for now. But

I bloody enjoyed this sparring back and forth, you are a very worthy opponent indeed.

And I'm sure we shall debate again, but my friend, I advise you i will be much better prepared next time. And only spar when my boys back with his mum.

You are very knowledgeable and thorough in your arguments.

I applaud you.

Well played Sir.

But this is only the first round.