Playing without a crowd?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Playing without a crowd?

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Playing without a crowd?

NEIL HARRIS:

"I think some players in this period will maybe play better, without a fanbase.

"Away fans giving them stick or expectations of some fans. Some will feel they can go out and play without the shackles.

"But some players react to having fans there and enjoy it. Dennis Wise who I played with, he loved the interaction.

"Someone like Callum Paterson responds really well and likes to be the pantomime villain at times."
Attachments
B0196D72-5181-4885-ACBA-015B1CC6C2E5.jpeg
B0196D72-5181-4885-ACBA-015B1CC6C2E5.jpeg (161.32 KiB) Viewed 1243 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Playing without a crowd?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Playing without a crowd?

Postby Borders Blue » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Playing without a crowd?

NEIL HARRIS:

"I think some players in this period will maybe play better, without a fanbase.

"Away fans giving them stick or expectations of some fans. Some will feel they can go out and play without the shackles.

"But some players react to having fans there and enjoy it. Dennis Wise who I played with, he loved the interaction.

"Someone like Callum Paterson responds really well and likes to be the pantomime villain at times."

Josh Murphy may benefit, when he comes back.
Borders Blue

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Personally I think it’s helped our players so far us not being there. Perhaps the crowd can cause nerves and especially if they start to get on top of the players.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:37 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Personally I think it’s helped our players so far us not being there. Perhaps the crowd can cause nerves and especially if they start to get on top of the players.

well yes, the results under these conditions have been impressive. Credit still goes to the coaching staff who got the fitness levels and players mentally ready :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:53 am

ThomasC wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Personally I think it’s helped our players so far us not being there. Perhaps the crowd can cause nerves and especially if they start to get on top of the players.

well yes, the results under these conditions have been impressive. Credit still goes to the coaching staff who got the fitness levels and players mentally ready :ayatollah:

Yeah I was surprised how sharp the players came back and even more shocked at the results so far. Lol I suppose sometimes you do t want to let yourself believe too much Incase of a collapse lol. Credit to NH and the coaching staff and players too.
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby davids » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:51 pm

The boys have done quite well without our fans behind them over the years.

I remember us winning in Scumland a few years ago without any of us being there (can't remember why - a dispute over ticket allocation I think?) and I think Gunnar scored the winner?

Didn't we also win away at Wolves a few years ago when Moxy banned our fans? That was the famous "balloon" escapade that never quite happened. I remember Jason Byrne scored his one and only goal for us and the game was beamed back to one of the bars at Ninian Park.

Christ my memory is getting quite hazy :old: :old:
davids

Return to General Chat