Neil Harris: “ Josh Murphy “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:13 pm

Josh Murphy ready to 'spark' his Cardiff City career

Neil Harris hopes Josh Murphy can ignite his Bluebirds career following Albert Adomah's departure to Nottingham Forest

By Ian Mitchelmore

Thursday 2nd July 2020

Neil Harris hopes Josh Murphy can ignite his Cardiff City career during the Bluebirds' promotion run-in.

The winger has not featured in any of Cardiff's post-lockdown fixtures so far after sustaining a calf injury during the behind-closed-doors match with Swansea City last month.

However, Harris has revealed the former Norwich City man is available for this weekend's crunch play-off clash with Severnside rivals Bristol City at Ashton Gate.

It comes as a significant boost for the Bluebirds who saw Albert Adomah return to parent club Nottingham Forest this week after the 0-0 draw with Charlton.

And Harris says he expects Murphy to "come alive" for the Bluebirds in the remaining weeks of the 2019/20 campaign.

NEIL HARRIS:

"Josh has done really well. We had a training group late on Tuesday after the game and he was part of that," said the Cardiff boss.

"That was really good training for the lads. It’s important that the players get what they need out of their weekly training schedule. He’s available for the weekend.

"Albert has done great for us, but in Albert’s time in, we’ve had no Mendy [Nathaniel Mendez-Laing] for the first part, and then Mendy’s been back and we’ve had no Josh.

"Josh Murphy at some stage is going to really spark his Cardiff career.

"He’s done well for me in spells, and he’s done well at the club in spells, but this could be the period now, with no fan pressure or expectations on his shoulders, where Murph comes alive for us.

"We’ll have to see, and I can’t put too much pressure on his shoulders, but he could be a big player for us during the run-in."
Attachments
B2322EA3-1D85-4411-B575-0B829043A3CA.jpeg
B2322EA3-1D85-4411-B575-0B829043A3CA.jpeg (78.31 KiB) Viewed 5773 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Harris: “ Josh Murphy “

Postby piggy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:35 pm

Fingers crossed.if he can be consistent instead of brief spells of his skill that we all know he got.
piggy

Postby Mike Strinati » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:51 am

He always seems to be pushed off the ball or go down to the ground too easily. Saying at some stage he’s going to spark his Cardiff career is definately putting pressure on him.
Mike Strinati

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 am

He’s very similar with respect to inconsistency as Mendez is.
Both can be electric at times but then do very little else and disappear for long periods of the game.

If he could become consistent for 90 minutes or as consistent as a winger can then he’d be some player for sure.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby nubbsy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 am

Clearly has alot of talent. But too lightweight and too many bad decisions let him down.
nubbsy

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:50 am

nubbsy wrote:Clearly has alot of talent. But too lightweight and too many bad decisions let him down.

Agree and it seems to me that he hasn’t got that motivation and grit that’s needed.
Seems to go around half hearted and sulking off at times.

Hopefully that will improve under Harris.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:50 pm

I still think he would make a better striker than a winger. Play him off of Patts in a 442 or have him and Tomlin playing behind Glatzel.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:00 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:I still think he would make a better striker than a winger. Play him off of Patts in a 442 or have him and Tomlin playing behind Glatzel.

Nah I can’t see that at all.
He’s too light weight and can you imagine him trying to hold the ball up back to goal?
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:52 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:I still think he would make a better striker than a winger. Play him off of Patts in a 442 or have him and Tomlin playing behind Glatzel.

Nah I can’t see that at all.
He’s too light weight and can you imagine him trying to hold the ball up back to goal?

I see him as a similar player to Brentford's Ollie Watkins who thrived when he made the switch from the wing to striker. I may be wrong though. He deffo couldn't play up top on his own and hold the ball up to bring others into play so maybe you're right. :ayatollah:
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Return to General Chat