The Millwall threat!

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Millwall threat!

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:49 pm

Looking at the final fixtures Millwall have by far the easiest run in. I know their are no easy games but they only have bottom half fixtures left. Hopefully, our 5 point gap will be enough.
Bridgwater Blue

The Millwall threat!

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The Millwall threat!

Postby Norris ninian » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:37 pm

I agree shame Charlton couldn't have held them to a point in their derby
Norris ninian

Postby skidemin » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:58 pm

Bridgwater Blue wrote:Looking at the final fixtures Millwall have by far the easiest run in. I know their are no easy games but they only have bottom half fixtures left. Hopefully, our 5 point gap will be enough.

indeed I voted for them in the play off poll but expected Forest or Fulham to blow up at the time..
what I will say is results are strange so they could well lose when least expected...
skidemin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:11 am

No Easy Games In The Championship ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby bluesince62 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:29 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:No Easy Games In The Championship ;)

No truer a word spoken,no game is a cert,and in all honesty the Middlesborough and hull games that are more concerning for me!! Especially now a certain Mr Warnock manages one of them :? But have to say 10 points from 12 available,if we replicate that form over the next 4 games,we should be fine,but we all know,can't take anything for granted in this division, in my eyes the toughest anywhere! Which will change dramatically next year,with possible salary caps,smaller fees and agents fees being paid,and the possibility of no,or drastically reduced crowds.Won't lie,and I have stated it before,although exiting to be in,the play offs are not my favourite idea of how to finish the season,I understand it creates a little more revenue foer clubs involved, but not that much! I would rather the team who finish third be promoted in all honesty,it seems unfair that a team who could be in 6th place,say 10/12 points behind the team in 3rd or even more,yet still could be promoted instead of the team that many points in front of them when season ended.just my personal feelings on the play offs,will I go mental if we happened to complete the above scenario,too f@cking right I will,but will feel a little sorry for the team in 3rd (excluding the jacks and weeds of course :laughing5: ) :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :old: :bluebird:
bluesince62

Postby Whistler » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:51 am

The Season restart will offer some strange results. some teams especially over the last few games will not be in contention for anything and may take their foot off the peddle. We also have the teams like Fulham and Forest who are not going to get to the automatic places but are safe from dropping out of the play-offs and will be resting key players in readiness for the play-offs. Throw in a mixed approach to the post-lockdown position by teams. and the end of season results will be hard to follow the form book.
All City have to do is look after their own form and so far they are doing that with spades :ayatollah:
Whistler

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:50 am

Whistler wrote:The Season restart will offer some strange results. some teams especially over the last few games will not be in contention for anything and may take their foot off the peddle. We also have the teams like Fulham and Forest who are not going to get to the automatic places but are safe from dropping out of the play-offs and will be resting key players in readiness for the play-offs. Throw in a mixed approach to the post-lockdown position by teams. and the end of season results will be hard to follow the form book.
All City have to do is look after their own form and so far they are doing that with spades :ayatollah:

It's going to be a balancing act for the likes of Forest and Fulham. Resting key players is good but it comes with a risk like will they be 100% match focused when they return.

Fortunately for us we need to play our best players. That comes with a risk of injury but the positive side is that if we get into the play off we will be at full steam. I recall Blackpool did exactly that when they beat us at Wembley.
Bakedalasker

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:29 pm

Its over :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Foghorn65 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:33 pm

We're going up
Foghorn65

Return to General Chat