Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Has Harris won you over ?

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm

Got to say hes done very well with the squad he has and I've seen a different approach to tactics recently we definitely play a more varied passing game, not justva long ball team

Re: Has Harris won you over ?

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:04 pm

I saw his appointment as a smart move anyway.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:05 pm

Depends what you mean by winning you over.

I give all new managers time to prove themselves and at the moment Harris is still under probation. Saying that I can see him failing the probation period. I was going to give him until next season before deciding but going on what I am seeing, that being the mass improvement we have made under him, I can see my decision being made well before his probation period comes to an end.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I saw his appointment as a smart move anyway.

I agree I seen it as a continuity approach from the club not to change the way we play dramatically

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Not yet

Until he wins us the
premier league
Champions league
FA cup
World cup
The ashes
Grand national
Sumo championship
Welsh league
Tour De france

I'm uncertain

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:02 pm

... what about Who wants to be a Millionaire?

More importantly the Chase

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:53 pm

Foghorn65 wrote:... what about Who wants to be a Millionaire?

More importantly the Chase

Pointless ??

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:54 pm

He was starting to but his team selection tonight. Hoilett :banghead:
Plus his failure at 2-2 to bring on Tomlin and Ward.
He resorted to type tonight, no football just Warnockball

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:57 pm

Danny Says wrote:He was starting to but his team selection tonight. Hoilett :banghead:
Plus his failure at 2-2 to bring on Tomlin and Ward.
He resorted to type tonight, no football just Warnockball

I thought tonight conditions were made for Warnockball, lots of diagonal long balls and a good defensive formation (Blackburn did that well).

I thought we over played a bit in heavy condition and looked slow and ponderous in doing so.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:31 pm

I think it's just getting over that line

I wasn't happy after Charlton but we bounced back

Bring on Fulham

Come on folks

Who would have thought we would be 6th

With 4 games to go and all in our hands

It's gonna happen

Blues are going up

Keep the faith

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:03 pm

Citysince72 wrote:I think it's just getting over that line

I wasn't happy after Charlton but we bounced back

Bring on Fulham

Come on folks

Who would have thought we would be 6th

With 4 games to go and all in our hands

It's gonna happen

Blues are going up

Keep the faith

Them pills are working then :lol: it's a leveller tonight, NO easy games in this division ,but at least we have enough games left to give it a go,I thought tomlin could have come on,straight after their second equaliser though?? 17 mins at 3-2 down is poor decision imho,and if he (tomlin) cannot complete at least 45 mins,should he be taking up a place,or does having 5 subs now,allow us the luxury of him in the match day squad? I have been impressed with Harris and his use of subs of late,but I feel tonight he left it too late,rather like a certain Mr Warnock did on many occasions to make any real impact on the game.onwards and upwards I say,as my team in Turkey lost 3-1 also the day before,against lowly opposition too. :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:05 pm

Looks like at least 2 more wins needed,but if we can replicate results of last four games,we should squeeze it,just.bleeders messed up my end of season scenario :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:23 pm

bluesince62 wrote:Looks like at least 2 more wins needed,but if we can replicate results of last four games,we should squeeze it,just.bleeders messed up my end of season scenario :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

I agree, he does seem to be a younger Warnock with his late changes

But I think we will be fine, cant see Derby beating WBA or the Jack's beating Brum.

And with Derby & Hull at home I think all will be well

In the summer when Harris is planning for the premier campaign

He needs to work out if Tomlin is a waste of a wage,

I like him but at this level his fitness is shocking and I do question his attitude,

I may go against the grain here but I'd sell Tomlin & Patts

As much as I like Patts, passion & commitment at this level is not enough, we need talent

He offers little for me apart from heart, he does give his all but at this level it's a cut throat business

All our players should be worth there wage and Patts isn't

And if Tomlin dont sort his fitness, neither is he,

Just my opinion

I'm deciding on who to support in Turkey and if your team is not winning all the time

I will have to support who is top of the table, just checked

Its Istanbul Basaksehir

Always followed those,

Cracking team :D

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:27 pm

wez1927 wrote:Got to say hes done very well with the squad he has and I've seen a different approach to tactics recently we definitely play a more varied passing game, not justva long ball team

half and half.. few too many awful performances mostly down to him messing about..3 wins since the restart with one bloke playing up front and then lets see if someone offers us our money back for him is back in the team...

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:33 pm

skidemin wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Got to say hes done very well with the squad he has and I've seen a different approach to tactics recently we definitely play a more varied passing game, not justva long ball team

half and half.. few too many awful performances mostly down to him messing about..3 wins since the restart with one bloke playing up front and then lets see if someone offers us our money back for him is back in the team...

I'm on the fence

But he did inherit Warnocks squad which wasn't the best

I think hes done ok but time will tell

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:21 am

Citysince72 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

I'm on the fence

But he did inherit Warnocks squad which wasn't the best

I think hes done ok but time will tell

no issues with the squad as a whole.. you buy players that work out as you thought, players that turn out better and players that were a mistake whoever you are....the 5 mill is the sticking block with this fella though...

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:00 am

NH is doing just great imo and even after last night only lost 5 out of 30 games, that's is promotion form and I see him as a bright and upcoming manager :bluebird:

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:18 am

I'd rather see a young hungry manager like Harris

Than Hughes, Pulis etc

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:59 am

He was not my first choice but its worked out well enough so far. The interesting part will be the off season with the wheeling and dealing. I think we are only striker away from a decent team. A Neil Harris type would be perfect and the closest is Danny Ward, but there may be one out there.

I thought yesterday we got a bit self indulgent. All footballers think they are "footballers" but most of ours are not. They can do a job within a framework. That framework is key and yesterday (without looking at the stats) I bet Nelson and Morrison had most touches and mins on the ball. If that is the case we are going to lose a lot more. If Hoilett,Murphy or Tomlin have the most touches I fancy us winning that quite comfortably.

The wingers were starved of any decent possession because it was so laboured in the middle, Blackburn set traps and we triggered them. Not even sure where Junior was playing in the second half was he moved inside, because he was rarely wide.

We know Fulham are poor at the back, but they will be able to manage Glatzel without much trouble. I don't think Paterson is next seasons answer, but for this game I think he is with NML (if back) and junior we can still get a result at the cottage. If we try to out football Fulham they'll take us to the cleaners.

Lets see Harris's answer to yesterdays deserved defeat. Bounce back and he may be the real deal, because this is when it counts, can he adapt?
My fear is he is another run of the mill, playing by the modern coaching manual which they all have and ends up on Soccer Saturday commenting on Championship games in a few years and we loose a lot of momentum.

I know its wrong of me as he has the second best record in the championship since he has been here but i am still not convinced.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Citysince72 wrote:Not yet

Until he wins us the
premier league
Champions league
FA cup
World cup
The ashes
Grand national
Sumo championship
Welsh league
Tour De france

I'm uncertain

You forgot the 5 a side underwater naked monopoly championships. :D

Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:08 pm

llan bluebird wrote:He was not my first choice but its worked out well enough so far. The interesting part will be the off season with the wheeling and dealing. I think we are only striker away from a decent team. A Neil Harris type would be perfect and the closest is Danny Ward, but there may be one out there.

I thought yesterday we got a bit self indulgent. All footballers think they are "footballers" but most of ours are not. They can do a job within a framework. That framework is key and yesterday (without looking at the stats) I bet Nelson and Morrison had most touches and mins on the ball. If that is the case we are going to lose a lot more. If Hoilett,Murphy or Tomlin have the most touches I fancy us winning that quite comfortably.

The wingers were starved of any decent possession because it was so laboured in the middle, Blackburn set traps and we triggered them. Not even sure where Junior was playing in the second half was he moved inside, because he was rarely wide.

We know Fulham are poor at the back, but they will be able to manage Glatzel without much trouble. I don't think Paterson is next seasons answer, but for this game I think he is with NML (if back) and junior we can still get a result at the cottage. If we try to out football Fulham they'll take us to the cleaners.

Lets see Harris's answer to yesterdays deserved defeat. Bounce back and he may be the real deal, because this is when it counts, can he adapt?
My fear is he is another run of the mill, playing by the modern coaching manual which they all have and ends up on Soccer Saturday commenting on Championship games in a few years and we loose a lot of momentum.

I know its wrong of me as he has the second best record in the championship since he has been here but i am still not convinced.

i agree with most of that... id love Harris to be the right manager but i have doubts.... sometimes like last night its really difficult to figure what the plan was and tbh thought the Charlton game was even worse with all those meaningless passes..

Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:10 pm

Did not have to win me over..
Was behind him from day 1.
Cmon Bluebirds

Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:38 pm

Don Keydick wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:Not yet

Until he wins us the
premier league
Champions league
FA cup
World cup
The ashes
Grand national
Sumo championship
Welsh league
Tour De france

I'm uncertain

You forgot the 5 a side underwater naked monopoly championships. :D

I knew there was something I missed

That's the biggie for me mate

I been after that naked monopoly title for years haha haha

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:35 pm

I like how he's playing football and not hoofball

He's showing certain players can can do some tight nitted passing and put to together some nice distribution of balls.

People saying team selection changed no shit sherlocks

Adomah gone back and nml out due to the arrival of his baby congratulations

He had to try adapt and adapting with players that really shouldn't be in the team but played what he had.

Definite yes for me hes exceeded expectations

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:24 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:Looks like at least 2 more wins needed,but if we can replicate results of last four games,we should squeeze it,just.bleeders messed up my end of season scenario :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

I agree, he does seem to be a younger Warnock with his late changes

But I think we will be fine, cant see Derby beating WBA or the Jack's beating Brum.

And with Derby & Hull at home I think all will be well

In the summer when Harris is planning for the premier campaign

He needs to work out if Tomlin is a waste of a wage,

I like him but at this level his fitness is shocking and I do question his attitude,

I may go against the grain here but I'd sell Tomlin & Patts

As much as I like Patts, passion & commitment at this level is not enough, we need talent

He offers little for me apart from heart, he does give his all but at this level it's a cut throat business

All our players should be worth there wage and Patts isn't

And if Tomlin dont sort his fitness, neither is he,

Just my opinion

I'm deciding on who to support in Turkey and if your team is not winning all the time

I will have to support who is top of the table, just checked

Its Istanbul Basaksehir

Always followed those,

Cracking team :D

Istanbul who? :mrgreen: no history,shit fans,owned by their goverment sports dept (erdogan!) Great choice 72 :laughing5: formed in 1990,and have bought their way to the top in no time!! I've told my mate in turkey I am switching my support to goztepe after this season is done,as we (cardiff )at least has some history,they beat us 3-1 on aggregate in the cup winners cup in 69/70 season,3-0 at theirs,and we won 1-0 in return leg,have to say their fans are fanatics too,in fact all the teams have a section of them,makes our premier league look as sterile as it really is atmosphere wise!! The super light is tight this year,well not the title,as your team should win that :lol: but for euro spots (down to 4th) it's close,odd results since restart there too,galatasary lost 4-1 last night to alanyaspor! ! I saw them (alanyaspor ) donkeys years back,whilst on holiday in the resort of alanya, they were garbage back then! And my team Beşiktaş lost 3-1 to the team 2nd from bottom! Not just here throwing up the odd strange result.anyway if you support basaksehir, and we attend a Derby, then it will have to be at Vodafone arena (besiktas ) I'm not going to a ground that small as theirs,with a small away support only allowed, no atmosphere there :laughing5: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:29 am

I'll be honest and admit I thought he was totally the wrong man for the job.

But more than happy to say he's proved me wrong so far.

It's not just the results, it's also the fact he's managed to get us to play better football at times - within a short period of time. I think with more time and a pre-season (although it will be shorter than usual this year), we'll see more of that attractive football we've been playing at times.

Will we make the top six? Possibly. But even if we don't, Harris has done a great job to put us in this position. It took him a while to really get going as our manager, and everyone remembers the result at QPR. But since then, we have looked very good.

We've had the odd off day, such as the other night against Blackburn, but every team and every manager will have nights like that - even the likes of Guardiola, Klopp and Ferguson don't get it right every game.

Whatever division we're in next season, I'm looking forward to watching us play with Neil Harris in charge.

As I say, I'm more than happy that he's proved me wrong so far. Long may it continue.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:58 am

I have backed him since day one :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:42 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:I have backed him since day one :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Likewise - His stats since he took over are better than others . Even if we do not make it - Good manager -Give him time .

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:59 pm

After Warnock I’d have taken Trollope back. I’ve faith in Neil Harris if they give him money and he can get rid of the rubbish he brought to our club (Pack, Flint etc)

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 pm

No not at all