Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Fulham v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Fulham win
46%
Cardiff City win
36%
Draw
18%

Total votes : 28

MATCH THREAD : " FULHAM v CARDIFF C " MATCH THREAD

Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:15 pm

FULHAM v CARDIFF CITY
Friday 10th July, 8.15pm
Sky Bet Championship
Craven Cottage

Match to be played in front of no supporters, for information on how to watch the match on TV or to stream it - see below

Cardiff City (4-2-3-1): Smithies; Sanderson, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett; Vaulks, Bacuna; Mendez-Laing, Ralls, Hoilett; Paterson.

Subs: Etheridge, Flint, Bamba, Smith, Pack, Tomlin, Murphy, Ward, Glatzel.

CARDIFF CITY: :bluebird:

NEIL HARRIS:

Changes?

"We look at who’s fit and available, who’s fresh to go again. It’s finding that balance between continuity, combinations and then fresh legs as well. To add that freshness is important at times, and judging the opponent. I’ll take it all of that into the equation before picking the team."

Injuries

"It’s a quick turnaround from Tuesday to Friday so we’ll look at the lads who haven’t been on the grass so far and whether they can go again on Friday night. There’ll be a few late calls who picked some bits up and we’ll make a late call on team selection tomorrow afternoon."

There were no new injuries from the Blackburn game.

Greg Cunningham is still a little way off at the moment.
He is back in training with the first team.

Isaac Vassell is still injured.

Fulham injury update:

“Tom’s still struggling at the moment, he won’t be available for tomorrow. It’s day to day really with Tom, the problem is that the games are literally only two or three days [apart]. The turnaround is pretty quick.
“I don’t think it’s a big one, it’s not one which we’re too concerned about, but the dynamics of the division and the games schedule means you’re missing games with just a week’s injury, or a 10 day injury you can be missing three or four games.
“We’ll manage it every day and see where we are.”

How can I watch this match on TV?

This match is live on Sky Sports. For those who are season ticket holders and do not have a Sky Sports subscription, you can watch the match for free on Cardiff City TV.

For non-season ticket holders who want to watch the match, you can watch on NOW TV with a day pass for £9.99 - this will also give you access to all other events on Sky Sports for the 24 hour period starting from when you activate your pass.

About Fulham

Fulham Football Club is a professional association football club based in Fulham, London, England. They compete in the EFL Championship, the second tier of English football. Founded in 1879, they are the oldest football club from London to play in the Football League.

The club has spent 26 seasons in English football's top division, the majority of these in two spells during the 1960s and 2000s. The latter spell was associated with former chairman Mohamed Al-Fayed, after the club had climbed up from the fourth tier in the 1990s. Fulham have reached two major finals: in 1975, as a Second Division team, they contested the FA Cup Final for the only time in their history, losing 2–0 to West Ham United, and in 2010 they reached the final of the UEFA Europa League, which they contested with Atlético Madrid in Hamburg, losing 2–1 after extra time.

Fulham's main rivalries are with fellow West London clubs Chelsea, Queens Park Rangers and Brentford.

Previous Meeting 

We drew 1-1 with Fulham in August.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Fulham: Rodak, Bryan, Hector, Ream, Odoi, Arter, Reed, Onomah, Kebano, Decordova-Reid, Mitrovic

Cardiff City: Smithies, Sanderson, Nelson, Morrison, Bennett, Vaulks, Bacuna, Ralls, Hoilett, Murphy, Glatzel

Form - Last Three Games 

Nottingham Forest 0-1 Fulham
Fulham 1-0 Birmingham City
QPR 1-2 Fulham

Cardiff City 2-3 Blackburn Rovers
Bristol City 0-1 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 0-0 Charlton Athletic

Match Odds

Fulham - 17/20
Cardiff City - 16/5
Draw - 5/2

Predictions

Post your predictions below  :thumbright:

Re: LATEST NEWS " FULHAM v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:54 am

Mitrović and Ried will rip our back 4 apart, they have the pace and power to do some real damage.

I'm going for a Fulham 4-0 win.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:53 am

CARDIFF CITY: :bluebird:

There were no new injuries from the Blackburn game.

Greg Cunningham is still a little way off at the moment.

He is back in training with the first team.

Isaac Vassell is still injured.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:56 am

1-2 City to bounce back

:)

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:00 am

Foghorn65 wrote:1-2 City to bounce back

Unfortunately your wrong old chap

1 nil City.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:03 am

Citysince72 wrote:
Foghorn65 wrote:1-2 City to bounce back

Unfortunately your wrong old chap

1 nil City.

Have a word with your posh budgie

He'll put you straight

Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:02 pm

Fulham 0-1 Cardiff City. Think we'll be far tighter than we were against Blackburn, we'll play a more counter attacking style which suits us a lot better under Harris against teams who like to dominate the ball.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:28 pm

dazza wrote:Mitrović and Ried will rip our back 4 apart, they have the pace and power to do some real damage.

I'm going for a Fulham 4-0 win.

Do have any confidence in city you seem to have them losing every game? :o

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Brighton chairman gives heartfelt message to Anthony Knockaert after Fulham deal confirmed
Anthony Knockaert has completed a permanent move from Brighton & Hove Albion to Fulham, following a successful loan spell.

French winger Knockaert joined the London club last July, initially on loan, with the option of a permanent move, which has now been exercised.

Albion head coach Graham Potter said, “The move has worked out well for Anthony, and I would like to wish him well for the remainder of the season and for the future.

“There’s no doubting his contribution to this club, as part of the promotion-winning team in 2017, and those first two seasons in the Premier League.

“On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank him for his achievements.”

Knockaert joined Albion from Standard Liege in January 2016 and quickly became a key player in the side. Albion won promotion in his first full season at the club, when he also was named as the EFL’s Player of the Season.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:13 pm

Smithies

Sanderson (only just - poor showing vs. Blackburn)
Morrison
Nelson
Bennett

Mendez
Bacuna
Vaulks
Ralls

Pato

Glatzel

Think we need Pato for this one, buzzing around and frustrating their build-up play.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:58 am

Think we will win this one 2-1.
Frustrate them and score twice on the break.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:30 pm

Fulham injury update:

“Tom’s still struggling at the moment, he won’t be available for tomorrow. It’s day to day really with Tom, the problem is that the games are literally only two or three days [apart]. The turnaround is pretty quick.
“I don’t think it’s a big one, it’s not one which we’re too concerned about, but the dynamics of the division and the games schedule means you’re missing games with just a week’s injury, or a 10 day injury you can be missing three or four games.
“We’ll manage it every day and see where we are.”

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:53 pm

NEIL HARRIS:

Changes?

"We look at who’s fit and available, who’s fresh to go again. It’s finding that balance between continuity, combinations and then fresh legs as well. To add that freshness is important at times, and judging the opponent. I’ll take it all of that into the equation before picking the team."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TEAM NEWS: " FULHAM v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:49 pm

Have gone for a city win also 1-2 ,but wouldn't be dissapointed too much if we drew, squeaky bum time is upon us :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:04 am

Can Reid play against us? Has he permanently signed for Fulham now or has it just been agreed for him to sign at the end of the season?

Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:08 am

Jimmy Floyd wrote:Can Reid play against us? Has he permanently signed for Fulham now or has it just been agreed for him to sign at the end of the season?

I looked it up, he signed permanently back in Jan, must have missed that at the time! :oops:

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:13 am

2-0 Fulham

Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Key match facts

Fulham have suffered just one defeat in their last nine league games with Cardiff (W3 D5), a 2-4 loss in October 2018 in what was a Premier League fixture.

Since a 2-1 victory at Craven Cottage in September 2013, Cardiff are winless in their last five visits to Fulham (D3 L2).

Fulham are looking to equal their longest winning run of the 2019-20 Championship season, having last won four in a row back in November.

Cardiff have won each of their last three away games in the Championship, while they last won four in succession in February 2013 (five in a row).

Fulham’s top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic will be available to return after serving a suspension, however they are unbeaten across the six games he hasn’t played in the Championship this season – winning five and drawing one.

Re: MATCH THREAD : " FULHAM v CARDIFF C " MATCH THREAD

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:31 pm

1:1 and that will be ok

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:46 pm

0-0

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:19 pm

2 CHANGES FOR CARDIFF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 pm

Hate to say it but I agree with Dazza either 4-0 or 4-1 to Fulham

Really hope I’m wrong

I have a habit of my bets losing so I’ve put a fiver on both at 33/1 and 40/1

Really hope my run continues and the team I bet on fails to win!!

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 pm

Here we GO -

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:51 pm

PEN - FULHAM

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:51 pm

1-0 FULHAM .

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Joke never a pen as Mitrovic was pulling at Sanderson shoulder.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Sanderson is having a mare. Said it before. He scares me as a defender.

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:54 pm

Soft soft soft! Seen much worse than that not given against Morrison numerous times this season.

Definitely a penalty, Sanderson a bit of a liability in defence since the restart.

Guess that’s it for another season. Playing Patterson upfront is like playing 10 men per game.