Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY WERE DISAPPOINTING "

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:41 pm

MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY WERE DISAPPOINTING AND CAME AWAY WITH A DEFEAT "

This was easily Cardiff City's worst performance since the season resumed as we fell to a home defeat

In the second half, Cardiff City were terrible

Neil Harris brought in Josh Murphy and Robert Glatzel

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing wasn't in the squad because his partner had gone into labour

Cardiff City knew a win would take them 6 points clear of seventh with Derby, Millwall and Swansea all playing on Wednesday

Smithies, Sanderson, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett, Vaulks, Bacuna, Ralls, Hoilett, Murphy, Glatzel

Blackburn had the first big chance of the game ten minutes in but Nyambe shot over

Will Vaulks gave City the lead with a brilliant lob in the 14th minute :ayatollah:

Danny Graham equalised for Blackburn in the 22nd minute

Junior Hoilett came inches away from giving City the lead again on the half hour mark

Cardiff City re-took the lead in the 41st minute with Robert Glatzel turning in Joe Bennett's cross :ayatollah:

HALF TIME: CARDIFF CITY 2-1 BLACKBURN ROVERS

Straight after half time, Dominic Samuel equalised again for Blackburn to make it 2-2. Blackburn thought they should have had a penalty just before the goal

City nearly re-took the lead again after the second equaliser, after good work by Murphy and Glatzel.

Sean Morrison went down in the box on the hour mark, but the referee waved away the appeals

Alex Smithies made a crucial save from Samuel in the 61st minute

Adam Armstrong gave Blackburn a 3-2 lead in the 70th minute with a goal from distance

Neil Harris made a triple substitution in the 72nd minute with Danny Ward, Lee Tomlin and Callum Paterson replacing Josh Murphy, Will Vaulks and Robert Glatzel

Joe Ralls shot wide in the 82nd minute

Gavin Whyte and Marlon Pack replaced Junior Hoilett and Dion Sanderson in the 84th minute

FULL TIME: CARDIFF CITY 2-3 BLACKBURN ROVERS

Next up Fulham away on Friday

Re: MY VIEW " CARDIFF CITY WERE DISAPPOINTING "

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:58 pm

I thought our players looked tired and just didn’t know what to do so just resorted to lumping it up aimlessly.

Why not pick Whyte instead of Hoilett and if it doesn’t work then bring him on?

Difficult to understand how they were so clueless and lack lustre and sloppy in the last 2 home games yet were so impressive in their last 2 away games.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:59 pm

It's amazing how after conceding only one goal in four games previously we somehow contrived to concede three such awful goals this evening.

Literally handed the game to Blackburn but take nothing away from them they played a system which worked perfectly for them tonight

Harris outsmarted by Mowbray this evening I'm afraid. Towards the end of the game our players seemed to have no clue what formation they were meant to be playing.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 pm

Harris said today that they were all at the ground for virus tests etc, so he said we might as well get them training??? No wonder they were tired

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Danny Says wrote:I thought our players looked tired and just didn’t know what to do so just resorted to lumping it up aimlessly.

Why not pick Whyte instead of Hoilett and if it doesn’t work then bring him on?

Difficult to understand how they were so clueless and lack lustre and sloppy in the last 2 home games yet were so impressive in their last 2 away games.

There is clearly a reason why whyte doesn't start. His first 2 touches should have been clear to all. Tbf before game I thought he deserved a chance but 2m for him we gave been robbed. At least we got nelson for free off the to balance

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:20 pm

We didn’t know how to counter their pressing game and apart from the odd spell, looked to be out fought .
The 3 goals were simply dreadful but onwards and upwards hopefully...come on the Baggies!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:28 pm

Cardiff were Cardiff'd.....

4 more to play

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:30 pm

I think the players upped there game against leeds and away at preston because they where the games they deemed tough and the games they though we would manage charlton and blackburn and where the easier and the result would come
harris should have instilled that its no good battling against the top teams to throw it away against the lower "basic" and the subs way to late 70 mins.