Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Absolutely Awful

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:44 pm

Everything wrong tonight. Wrong selection by Harris. Wrong tactics. No secondary ball winning. Huge gaps in midfield. On this form we should be headed down a division. We might just scrape it into the playoffs BUT where to then?

Re: Absolutely Awful

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:47 pm

It's all part of what being a Cardiff fan is.

Highs and lows, ups and downs.

It's what makes the Championship the division it is.

Take the rough with the smooth and move on to the next game.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:54 pm

Tonight was simply down to poor management and poor defensive mistakes. City are the better team but Mowbray taught Harris how to manage a game and by using his tactics his players pressured us into making mistakes

Simple football

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:55 pm

May been wrong tactics ect but cannot be a surprise in this league anything and everything does happen.. upwards and onwards hopefully rivals dont don't win tomorrow and status quo remains with one less game to play... :old:

Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:59 pm

Here come the doom and gloomers give your heads a shake FFS :lol:

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:00 pm

BLUEUSA wrote:Everything wrong tonight. Wrong selection by Harris. Wrong tactics. No secondary ball winning. Huge gaps in midfield. On this form we should be headed down a division. We might just scrape it into the playoffs BUT where to then?

In the championship there are no bad sides and everyone can beat everyone

Tonight we lost because we were sloppy and didn’t defend as a team like we usually do

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:00 pm

thomasblue wrote:Tonight was simply down to poor management and poor defensive mistakes. City are the better team but Mowbray taught Harris how to manage a game and by using his tactics his players pressured us into making mistakes

Simple football

So Mowbray replicated what Harris did to Bielsa.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:01 pm

Don't think you can say poor team selection,when players make such stupid mistakes,that end up costing you the game. What the hell was Bacuna doing passing across the pitch from the touchline when he could have made a simple 10 yard pass. so infuriating after all the hard work put in since the restart.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:05 pm

Blackburn out Cardiffed us to be fair. High pressing game didn't give us a chance to settle and once they got their noses ahead closed the game down fairly well. Conditions didn't help either.

Still well in the mix though lads.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:05 pm

thomasblue wrote:Tonight was simply down to poor management and poor defensive mistakes. City are the better team but Mowbray taught Harris how to manage a game and by using his tactics his players pressured us into making mistakes

Simple football

Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:57 pm

We looked like Manchester City when we were defending, the winning goal was a carbon copy of Southampton's earlier in the week.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:12 pm

dorsetblue wrote:

Simple football

Correct :clap: :clap: but imho,should have used subs after their 2nd goal,change it up,make them re organise, 17 mins is not enough,or fair to ask subs to turn the game.but let's all take a chill pill (op especially ) as how many in all honesty thought we would be in the top six,with four to go? As has been alluded to,there are NO bankers in this division,none.we move on to Friday, and hopefully get this defeat out of the way,with a victory at fulham :thumbup: tough ask,but not impossible. :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:18 pm

BC-CB wrote:We looked like Manchester City when we were defending, the winning goal was a carbon copy of Southampton's earlier in the week.

Was just saying the same to my mate in turkey,why was he so far off his line ffs? I would have thought that Southampton goal would have woke ALL keepers up to the threat of not staying close to goal?? I mean the task of a keeper is to protect that goal,nothing more, nothing less,Smithies will be kicking himself no doubt,and imho this time,rightly so! To easy to blame bacunas sloppy pass,but I bet he never for one moment thought it would lead to his keeper being beat from 40 yards away! ! :old: :bluebird:

Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:41 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
BC-CB wrote:We looked like Manchester City when we were defending, the winning goal was a carbon copy of Southampton's earlier in the week.

Was just saying the same to my mate in turkey,why was he so far off his line ffs? I would have thought that Southampton goal would have woke ALL keepers up to the threat of not staying close to goal?? I mean the task of a keeper is to protect that goal,nothing more, nothing less,Smithies will be kicking himself no doubt,and imho this time,rightly so! To easy to blame bacunas sloppy pass,but I bet he never for one moment thought it would lead to his keeper being beat from 40 yards away! ! :old: :bluebird:

well i hope if he does kick himself its more accurate than his kicking tonight... its not the best normally but tonights was worse than normal..

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:39 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Blackburn out Cardiffed us to be fair. High pressing game didn't give us a chance to settle and once they got their noses ahead closed the game down fairly well. Conditions didn't help either.

Still well in the mix though lads.

Pretty much how I saw it; Blackburn under the experienced Mowbray are no mugs and anyone who watched them play Leeds on the weekend will have seen that

Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:43 am

OMG !!!! One defeat and op reckons we should bring going down not up !!!

Need to jump off the rollercoaster mate there's always plenty of thrills and spills as a City fan. :D

One thing I do know is Harris will learn from this, anyway, next please. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:16 am

Simple football

They did what we've been doing, forcing teams into mistakes when they try and bring the ball out from defence, the players were tired, and made mistakes but on the whole, we were unlucky to lose it and probably deserved a draw.

They will learn and with 3 games a week, all teams will drop points through fatigue.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:40 am

Its also tough on these players playing so many games in a short space of time. Despite us having a big squad, not many of the back up players are going to win you games meaning it is pretty much the same 11 plus subs every match - its mentally tiring as well as physically, so lets hope its just a one off and things get back on track on Friday - with seemingly just one place up for grabs, I would take a point from that game and then a lot rests on beating Derby.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:50 am

Let's all be honest we were lucky against Leeds, played well against PNE and lucky against Charlton and Bristol City. Last night our luck run out.

If Derby beat WBA tonight then I personally think they will get 6th place as I only see us picking up another 4 points from the last 4 games.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:24 am

Derby have a tough run. It’s the others I’m worried about.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:21 am

dazza wrote:Let's all be honest we were lucky against Leeds, played well against PNE and lucky against Charlton and Bristol City. Last night our luck run out.

If Derby beat WBA tonight then I personally think they will get 6th place as I only see us picking up another 4 points from the last 4 games.

4 points from 4 games when we've just got 7 from 4 games 10 from 5?

Derby will lose tonight at WBA and then play
Brentford Lose
Cardiff lose
Leeds lose
Birmingham win

We have to watch Swansea they have Forrest and Leeds but also Bristol City, Reading and Birmingham.

We will do it though by more than three points clear :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Bluebina wrote:
dazza wrote:Let's all be honest we were lucky against Leeds, played well against PNE and lucky against Charlton and Bristol City. Last night our luck run out.

4 points from 4 games when we've just got 7 from 4 games 10 from 5?

Derby will lose tonight at WBA and then play
Brentford Lose
Cardiff lose
Leeds lose
Birmingham win

We have to watch Swansea they have Forrest and Leeds but also Bristol City, Reading and Birmingham.

We will do it though by more than three points clear :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Swansea wont be close by the time the season is over. Milwall and Derby are the only teams that can realistically catch us but i dont see either doing it. We could still overtake Forest too for 5th.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:51 pm

phildavies wrote:Here come the doom and gloomers give your heads a shake FFS :lol:

Don't forget,we were going down with Harris in charge according to a few on here!! Some can't wait to come out of the woodwork, at the slightest of hiccups :roll: perhaps they would rather we were struggling at the bottom,as that was where they said we'd be :banghead: I certainly didn't think we would be top six, with just 4 games to go,but boy am I happy we afe :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:52 pm

phildavies wrote:Here come the doom and gloomers give your heads a shake FFS :lol:

Don't forget,we were going down with Harris in charge according to a few on here!! Some can't wait to come out of the woodwork, at the slightest of hiccups :roll: perhaps they would rather we were struggling at the bottom,as that was where they said we'd be :banghead: I certainly didn't think we would be top six, with just 4 games to go,but boy am I happy we afe :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:38 am

bluesince62 wrote:

Spot on. Fighting for a play off place. Awesome

:)