Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

10 man cardiff lose to Blackburn

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:25 am

Might just have been me, but it felt and looked like we were playing with 10 men yesterday.

Josh Murphy was so out of match fitness he may as well not have bothered being on the pitch, one very nice pass for the 2nd goal though.

I though Nelson was a liability last night, which is a shame as the defence has been solid.

Onwards and upwards.

Re: 10 man cardiff lose to Blackburn

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:01 am

CarlDale wrote:Might just have been me, but it felt and looked like we were playing with 10 men yesterday.

Josh Murphy was so out of match fitness he may as well not have bothered being on the pitch, one very nice pass for the 2nd goal though.

I though Nelson was a liability last night, which is a shame as the defence has been solid.

Onwards and upwards.

That's how I saw it for both of them.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:40 am

glas wrote:
CarlDale wrote:Might just have been me, but it felt and looked like we were playing with 10 men yesterday.

Onwards and upwards.

I think that 3 of the back 4 had indifferent games (Bennett was actually ok imo apart from their 2nd goal) and that could be because one is being pulled out of position to cover another. Onwards and upwards though :bluescarf:

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:42 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
glas wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

I think that 3 of the back 4 had indifferent games (Bennett was actually ok imo apart from their 2nd goal) and that could be because one is being pulled out of position to cover another. Onwards and upwards though :bluescarf:

I don't think that JM should be considered for the remainder of the season. For all his limitations I'd go for Whyte over him as a bench warmer and NML in first team

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:36 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
glas wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

I don't think that JM should be considered for the remainder of the season. For all his limitations I'd go for Whyte over him as a bench warmer and NML in first team

Whyte possesses 1/2 the natural quality but he's definitely a better option!

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:29 pm

nubbsy wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
glas wrote:

Onwards and upwards.

Whyte possesses 1/2 the natural quality but he's definitely a better option!

Yep, we can’t carry passengers now.

On talent alone Murphy would be first choice but, frustratingly, he seems unable to perform for more than one game in ten.

He’s had enough chances now.