Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea City: Steve Cooper focusing on Leeds clash rather th

Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:44 am

Swansea City: Steve Cooper focusing on Leeds clash rather than play-off race with Cardiff

Steve Cooper insists Swansea City's focus is on Leeds United rather than a potential duel with Cardiff City for a place in the Championship's top six.

Swansea's win at Birmingham means they are a point and a place behind Cardiff, who currently occupy the last play-off spot, with four games left this season.

Cooper says his only concern is trying to secure a third straight win when Leeds visit this coming Sunday.

"I want to focus on the football," the Swansea head coach said.

"The moment we start thinking about what might be - (that) is not what I want.

"I have said every round of matches the picture will change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.

"This one is for the better but it means nothing if we don't take it into the next one."

Swansea would have been seven points adrift of Cardiff had Neil Harris' side seen off Blackburn on Tuesday.

But the Bluebirds' 3-2 defeat coupled with losses for Derby and Millwall made it an ideal set of midweek results for the Swans.

Nevertheless, Cooper warned that "things can change so quickly" after goals from Rhian Brewster, Ben Cabango and Jay Fulton secured a 3-1 win over Birmingham.

"I know the three points have never been more important than at this time of year but we have got to build on what was good at the weekend and today and even Millwall and take into the next game," he added.

"Leeds on the weekend - it's a game we are looking forward to. We don't look any further than that."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Swansea City: Steve Cooper focusing on Leeds clash rathe

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:19 am

This Cooper bloke... unnecessarily ugly

:)

Re: Swansea City: Steve Cooper focusing on Leeds clash rathe

Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Fair play to him he's done a good job at Swansea in his first season considering he lost a huge amount of goals and assists in Daniel James and Olli McBurnie. However a lot of Swans fans i know dont seem to like the style of football under Cooper and after watching them on Sky a few times this season i can see why. The football is no where near the style they played under Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup, or even Graham Potter of last season. The Possession based football seems to have gone again under Cooper from whenever i've watched them. Unlike Potter he'd also rather play a bunch of Chelsea or Liverpool Under 23's than his own Welsh youth players which has kind of annoyed me from a Welsh football fan perspective.

Anyway regardless of the jacks play offs here we come!!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: