Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fulham's Scott Parker:

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Praise for Harris

Fulham's Scott Parker has already done his media briefing and was full of praise for Cardiff boss Neil Harris. He said:

SCOTT PARKER:

“It’s a tough game. They’re a team that was Premier League not so long ago.
“We understand their qualities, they’ve got some very good players, some experience in their team, players who have been in and around the Premier League. We understand their qualities and what they’re going to bring.
“Neil’s done a very good job there. They’ve got a bit of momentum, I know they had a bad result midweek, but they’ve picked up some good results against good teams.
“They beat Leeds in their first game back after lockdown, so we’re going into this game fully focused as it will be a tough evening for us.”

Re: Fulham's Scott Parker:

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:12 pm

Parker also updated supporters on their injury news, and revealed they will be without Tom Cairney for the visit of Cardiff. Parker added:

“Tom’s still struggling at the moment, he won’t be available for tomorrow. It’s day to day really with Tom, the problem is that the games are literally only two or three days [apart]. The turnaround is pretty quick.
“I don’t think it’s a big one, it’s not one which we’re too concerned about, but the dynamics of the division and the games schedule means you’re missing games with just a week’s injury, or a 10 day injury you can be missing three or four games.
“We’ll manage it every day and see where we are.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Parker also updated supporters on their injury news, and revealed they will be without Tom Cairney for the visit of Cardiff. Parker added:

“Tom’s still struggling at the moment, he won’t be available for tomorrow. It’s day to day really with Tom, the problem is that the games are literally only two or three days [apart]. The turnaround is pretty quick.
“I don’t think it’s a big one, it’s not one which we’re too concerned about, but the dynamics of the division and the games schedule means you’re missing games with just a week’s injury, or a 10 day injury you can be missing three or four games.

Glad hes out, I rate him highly

I hope someone smashes n to Arter

Not staying with us and dropping down a division but then goes to Fulham form a big wage

I do understand that to, but I grew up on loyalty to a club, players dont have that anymore.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:19 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Parker also updated supporters on their injury news, and revealed they will be without Tom Cairney for the visit of Cardiff. Parker added:

Not staying with us and dropping down a division but then goes to Fulham form a big wage

I do understand that to, but I grew up on loyalty to a club, players dont have that anymore.

We wouldn't pay his wages. Why would he stay with us on half the money? And what loyalty did he have exactly? he was a Bournemouth player. Don't be salty!

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:43 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

We wouldn't pay his wages. Why would he stay with us on half the money? And what loyalty did he have exactly? he was a Bournemouth player. Don't be salty!

How would you know we wouldn't pay his wages, nubbsy?

Have inside information no doubt

Warnock rang you and told you personaly did he?

Anyway answer my question from another thread

Are you vegetarian?

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Citysince72 wrote:

Isn't Scott Parker Harry Arter's brother in law or something like that? I mean id have thought there's more loyalty there than to a club he went on loan to for 1 season. He also might have thought there was a better chance of getting promotion with Fulham than with Cardiff along with living in London which i think is where he's from.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:39 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Are you vegetarian?

:)

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Spot on warrior

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Citysince72 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Citysince72 wrote:

Are you vegetarian?

Mate, I can tell you Warnock and the club didn’t want him.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:32 pm

Why?

Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:07 pm

Arter wanted to stay in London. His brother in law is the Manager therefore to him it’s a no brainier.

We need to get players who want to live in the area with their families or grow our own players from Wales.

Only one player I know who came to us and ended loving, living and dying with us.