Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My team and tactics tonight.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:39 pm

I know a lot of fans say we need an early goal tonight but I disagree.Dont get me wrong I wouldn’t turn one down if it came knocking but I believe the key and main objective should be keep a clean sheet at all costs.

Let’s get to half time with Smithies unbeaten and maybe Fulhams mindset might change and and they may start to feel job almost done,then as the second half progresses we introduce more attacking subs (Tomlin,Laing,Ward or Murphy).
1-0 with 10/15 minutes left would be interesting.

My team
4-5-1
Smithies
Sanderson Morrisson Nelson Bennet
Bacuna Ralls Pack Vaulks Hoilett
Glatzel

Re: My team and tactics tonight.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:28 pm

yeah we dont need early goals we just need 2 (more)

If its 0-0 at half time i wont be too disheartened

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:41 pm

If we are Honest with ourselves most would admit that tonight is "sh@t or bust" for us.

I think we just Go for it and mix it up two or three times to confuse the shrewd Fulham manager who thinks he has the better of us - which he has in the past.

Surely we have a large enough squad and with 5 Sub's on the bench we can bamboozle them with new power and maybe Warnock style - Not pretty but Nothing to loose really.

I don't want us to go out with a wimper and I would not be worried if we threw everything at them and lost 7-1 or something.

No "what could have been" tomorrow.

Maybe Flint and Patterson to head and batter the ball in - not attractive but we have gone beyond that in this one off chance.

:twisted:

Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:31 pm

My team speech tonight would be quite simple.

Go out and enjoy yourself tonight. There is no pressure on any of you. Everyone expects Fulham to be in the final. Just enjoy the game.

If you overturn the two goals then you get a crack at the Premiership. If you dont - then you go on holiday after a well fought season.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Keep it tight early on and try and take any chances that come our way.

If we're still in it going into the last 20 minutes, then go for it.

Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:36 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Keep it tight early on and try and take any chances that come our way.

If we're still in it going into the last 20 minutes, then go for it.

Exactly :bluescarf: