Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The importance of understanding

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:51 am

At the end of the season prior to our last promotion, I remember thinking if we keep that defence together, we will have a good launch pad for success next time around. We did - aside from adding Greg Cunningham - and the reason behind my thoughts was that they appeared to gelling as a unit, understanding each other’s strengths and areas of improvement. The following season, 2nd spot and automatic promotion was achieved.

Today, having had time to reflect - particularly on Neil Harris’ tenure - I think what this squad needs is a few minor alterations, but definitely not a mass overhaul as the entire team appear to better understand each other and what is expected from the manager. I’ve been particularly impressed with the midfield and how Harris rotates between plan A and plan B, moving key players such as Tomlin and Ralls dependant on the opposition. This admiration was not evident in the wake of the QPR mauling by my own admission.

We need at least one right-sided full-back and a striker wouldn’t go amiss either, but other than that, I’m confident for next term.

What’s everyone’s thoughts ahead of the quick turn around? Which players would you like to see signed or leave, if any?