Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We Must Start

Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:39 am

With Bacuna, Vaulks and Ralls in the midfield next season. They give great energy work rate and tough tackling. It’s also a natural fit with Vaulks holding the midfield and the other two supporting the forwards. Together with Smithies Morrison and Nelson the spine is almost there. In addition we need another Tomlin type player as he can’t play all the games and needs rests throughout the season. Clearly a right back is a must. Keep Hoilett and NML but get another quality winger who can play on both sides. This will enable the wingers to have rests throughout the season and avoid burnout. I would defo keep Bamba for cover and his infectious morale in the club. I would offload Etheridge Flint Pack Whyte Murphy Patterson and Vasall. Just my thoughts.

Re: We Must Start

Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:13 pm

Brezza wrote:With Bacuna, Vaulks and Ralls in the midfield next season. They give great energy work rate and tough tackling. It’s also a natural fit with Vaulks holding the midfield and the other two supporting the forwards. Together with Smithies Morrison and Nelson the spine is almost there. In addition we need another Tomlin type player as he can’t play all the games and needs rests throughout the season. Clearly a right back is a must. Keep Hoilett and NML but get another quality winger who can play on both sides. This will enable the wingers to have rests throughout the season and avoid burnout. I would defo keep Bamba for cover and his infectious morale in the club. I would offload Etheridge Flint Pack Whyte Murphy Patterson and Vasall. Just my thoughts.

I think Harris is a big fan of Murphey and Pack. Unless a decent amount comes in that's close to what we played I dont think they will leave.

Etheridge is a great keeper, but to expensive for a second choice. Flint is a decent championship centre half, but cant play alongside Morrison so he will go. Whyte isnt ready for the championship, though could see him going out on loan if no one bids for him. Patterson is a big ?. He is yet to find a position. Dont think off loading him will be a priority but I think the club would consider it if a good big came In.