Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: HERE WE GO AGAIN

Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:02 am

In the real world the infections are so much lower than when we were in lockdown why on Earth do we need to reintroduce it. The numbers are pretty low really next to population.
Think this has been the worlds biggest overreaction. Where’s all the massive spike in the protests and people have days out in the masses from weeks ago it just hasn’t happened. I was a believer that we had to lockdown but they not gonna fool me again or scare me into being frightened to live my life walking around covered up werent that long ago people were calling for burkas to be banned now we making everyone wear a face covering.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:04 am

Bigmarkw wrote:In the real world the infections are so much lower than when we were in lockdown why on Earth do we need to reintroduce it. The numbers are pretty low really next to population.
Think this has been the worlds biggest overreaction. Where’s all the massive spike in the protests and people have days out in the masses from weeks ago it just hasn’t happened. I was a believer that we had to lockdown but they not gonna fool me again or scare me into being frightened to live my life walking around covered up werent that long ago people were calling for burkas to be banned now we making everyone wear a face covering.

new infections for the last 3 days combined were 2394. at its peak we were getting double that in one day... and on top of that testing back then was falling way short of even 10k a day where as now its in excess of 200k a day.. pretty obvious to me your going to get far more positives especially from those who have it but are asymptomatic or have it mild if you test 25 times the amount of people.. you cant really call something a spike if youve altered the numbers... so lets try going back to 6k tests and see how this spike idea holds up ?

Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:55 am

Coronavirus cases in England are now at the highest levels since May. Government statisticians today admitted there is 'now enough evidence' to prove Covid-19 infections are on the up, calculating that 4,200 people are now catching the virus each day in England alone.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:54 am

Igovernor wrote:Coronavirus cases in England are now at the highest levels since May. Government statisticians today admitted there is 'now enough evidence' to prove Covid-19 infections are on the up, calculating that 4,200 people are now catching the virus each day in England alone.

yes its because you cannot test every single person every day... its a guess based on how many have tested positive..{ which is around 700 } .
trouble is they are AGAIN not comparing like for like....
you either compare positive results now and positive results in May.
or todays 4k guesstimate with Mays guestimates... i assume that when testing only half or a quarter as many people they were bright enough to realise others had it just as they are doing now ?
not compare todays guess with mays official figures..

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:24 am

Igovernor wrote:Coronavirus cases in England are now at the highest levels since May. Government statisticians today admitted there is 'now enough evidence' to prove Covid-19 infections are on the up, calculating that 4,200 people are now catching the virus each day in England alone.

Just to add from the same article you’ve copied and pasted this one small paragraph from I thought I’d add some graphs to add balance and show how tiny these number actually are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:27 am

Another
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:28 am

One more

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:31 am

One in 1,500 people currently have the coronavirus - 0.07 per cent of the population.

Also copy and pasted from the same article.

These tiny numbers are with lockdown lifted and way more testing compared to lock down and hardly any testing. I have to say I’m shocked the numbers are so low. I thought things were gonna go through the roof but they haven’t come close.

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:32 am

Bigmarkw wrote:One more

its called scaremongering mate... shocked there are people STILL not having a good look at whats being claimed before buying into it..

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:38 am

Igovernor wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nojac wrote:The government/country cant afford another lockdown, so itll be what Cummings wanted all along. "HERD IMMUNITY" I fear for this country .

I think the first lock down was justified because the NHS was not ready to cope with the first phase of COVID-19.

However, the Nightingale hospitals are now still there and can supply care to meet the demand of a second wave. The authorities now know which members of society are most at risk, the elderly, those with comorbidity, those who are obese and those who suffer from diabetes.

These are the people who should be locked down in any second wave. Sweden which had only a limited lock down has done no worse than the UK, France, Spain and Italy in comparison to deaths. There is no need for a full lock down amongst young healthy people and herd immunity will be reached pretty quickly.

Tony the latest stats are showing that it is a lot more of the younger population that are getting infected :thumbup:

Exactly :thumbup:

Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:49 am

Igovernor wrote:
nojac wrote:The government/country cant afford another lockdown, so itll be what Cummings wanted all along. "HERD IMMUNITY" I fear for this country .

I think the first lock down was justified because the NHS was not ready to cope with the first phase of COVID-19.

However, the Nightingale hospitals are now still there and can supply care to meet the demand of a second wave. The authorities now know which members of society are most at risk, the elderly, those with comorbidity, those who are obese and those who suffer from diabetes.

These are the people who should be locked down in any second wave. Sweden which had only a limited lock down has done no worse than the UK, France, Spain and Italy in comparison to deaths. There is no need for a full lock down amongst young healthy people and herd immunity will be reached pretty quickly.

Tony the latest stats are showing that it is a lot more of the younger population that are getting infected :thumbup:

Exactly :thumbup:

yes it goes hand in glove with ramping up tests... doesnt mean there were not younger people infected 3 months ago, it just means the majority tested back then had symptoms ,and as we know its effects are age related. and therefore were more likely to be positive , where as now when the tests are far more random your going to be picking up asymptomatic or those who have very mild symptoms... the sample tests are not equal and to be publishing stats that are not equal is just plain wrong....

Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:27 am

skidemin wrote:
Bigmarkw wrote:One more

its called scaremongering mate... shocked there are people STILL not having a good look at whats being claimed before buying into it..

You right mate. They fooled me once, not again.