Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Phildavies

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:02 pm

We had a great debate regarding Fulham and Cardiff at the start of the season. Please don’t think of this as a dig, a poke or anything, it isn’t, but I am curious as to your thoughts on next season and what is needed.

I did state I’d happy to be proved wrong by your suggestion that Fulham would fall short, they just pipped us, but our debate started when Warnock was in charge so a lot has changed.

If you read, I look forward to your response, football is about opinions and although we differed in those it would be good to hear your thoughts.

Re: FAO Phildavies

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:54 pm

They will still fall short as Brentford will beat them ;)

We need a RB, Number 10 to challenge Tomlin and mobile midfielder to replace pack who is far to slow. That should be our 3 priorities on top of that its looks like we will be getting another striker in Moore and if being greedy I would personally also like another fast and powerful winger.

As for next season we will be in the playoffs minimum again as we always should be with this squad of players. As for the rest hard to say until we see who leaves and joins other squads. Stoke should be up in the playoffs this year though. Fulham will be back below us where they belong and eventually end up in financial trouble given all the money they spent on finishing below us in the prem.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:08 am

We’ll park your Fulham predictions they’ve been wrong all season. I do hope Harris is able to get some quality in midfield, and some decent width, ours are too inconsistent. Tomlin will once again be key and we must get a decent striker. However harries seems to be getting the best out of what he has so with a few signings too 6 is realistic I think we can both agree on that.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:42 am

Mr Potato wrote:We’ll park your Fulham predictions they’ve been wrong all season. I do hope Harris is able to get some quality in midfield, and some decent width, ours are too inconsistent. Tomlin will once again be key and we must get a decent striker. However harries seems to be getting the best out of what he has so with a few signings too 6 is realistic I think we can both agree on that.

Fulham will be straight back down anyway but fair play to them they have avoided financial oblivion for another 3 or 4 years by getting up. Then they will be back below us as a club of their size and history should be.