Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHY DO SO MANY WANT JOSH MURPHY

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:19 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
droyal wrote:GONE....

Still only 25, can score goals from midfield and be a real threat in the right system, if we can keep the ball more, think he can do great things for us...

I will get ripped for this post I know that, but he is very capable with the right management and system,he will be a very useful squad player at the very least, capable of 10 plus goals if stays fit and gets the chances..

he deserves at least one more year, and given more of a chance, if we are looking to push next season, we need at least 4-5 wingers that can do a job over the 46 games plus cup games.

like I say will get ripped, but would love Josh to be with us next season!

:bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Im not sure its to do with the system, he's a winger and we've played with out and out wingers for a while now. We can keep the ball all we want but the idea is when the winger gets the ball he beats his man and creates chances.

He has flashes of brilliance but we've seen it all before. 2 seasons here now and I keep waiting to be proven wrong!

In his defence,that's what you tend to get with wingers, inconsistent performances,even the great Tony evans,he who walked on water :thumbup: had dips in form,on his day unplayable, on an off day,you wouldn't know he'd played.all the best wingers are snapped up by the big guns unfortunately, perhaps a young loan player from the prem,or for me spain,plenty of talented wingers there :thumbup: :old: :bluebird:

agreed mate. It's a position they are often isolated and expected to make something out of nothing. But Murphy just hasn't done enough for me on a regular basis. Like i said, still waiting to be proven wrong! Personally though, I'd like to see the club move on.