Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Off Topic Trump is an idiot

Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:47 am

Donald Trump: US Treasury should get cut of TikTok deal

Donald Trump says the government should get a cut from the sale of TikTok's US unit if an American firm buys it.

The US president said he made a demand for a "substantial portion" of the purchase price in a phone call at the weekend with Microsoft's boss.

He also warned he will ban the app, which is owned by China's ByteDance, on 15 September if there is no deal.

ByteDance is under pressure to sell its US business after Mr Trump threatened a crackdown on Chinese tech companies.

The Trump administration has accused TikTok and others of providing data to the Chinese government, which Beijing and TikTok deny.

"The United States should get a very large percentage of that price, because we're making it possible," Mr Trump said.
Media captionWhat is TikTok?

"It would come from the sale, which nobody else would be thinking about but me, but that's the way I think, and I think it's very fair," he added.
'Mafia-like behaviour'

The request for payment to the US Treasury further complicated negotiations as legal experts highlighted that such a demand to secure regulatory approval for a takeover deal would be highly unorthodox.

Nicholas Klein, a lawyer at DLA Piper, said generally "the government doesn't have the authority to take a cut of a private deal through" the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, which is the inter-agency committee that reviews some foreign investments in the US.

The state-run China Daily newspaper said on Tuesday that Beijing would not accept the "theft" of a Chinese technology company.

It also warned in an editorial that China had "plenty of ways to respond if the administration carries out its planned smash and grab".

Charlotte Jee, a reporter at MIT Technology Review, a magazine owned by Massachusetts Institute of Technology, said Mr Trump's comments were "pretty astonishing".

Speaking to the BBC's Today programme, she said: "I hate to say this but it is kind of almost Mafia-like behaviour - threatening a ban which pushes down the price then saying 'oh we should get a cut of that deal afterwards to say thank you for what we've done there'.

"It is extraordinary behaviour as well because last week we had lawmakers in the US trying to look at whether tech companies are too big and now we've got Trump trying to make one of them even bigger so it is a really, really bizarre situation to be in."
Image copyright Reuters

Talks over a potential deal looked to have been derailed on Friday when Mr Trump said he opposed Microsoft buying TikTok's US business.

While Mr Trump now giving his approval to a possible takeover is a major shift in the White House's position, the tight deadline for talks is another major hurdle for any potential deal.

TikTok's US operations "will close down on September 15 unless Microsoft or somebody else is able to buy it and work out a deal, an appropriate deal so the Treasury… of the United States gets a lot of money," he said.

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro also suggested that Microsoft could shed its holdings in China if it buys TikTok's US business.

"So the question is, is Microsoft going to be compromised?" Mr Navarro said in an interview with CNN. "Maybe Microsoft could divest its Chinese holdings?"

Microsoft confirmed on Sunday in a blog post that it would continue discussions on a potential deal with TikTok after a call between its chief executive Satya Nadella and Mr Trump.
Media captionWill TikTok be banned?

The technology giant declined to comment further on the conversation between Mr Trump and Mr Nadella beyond the blog.

At the weekend, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said President Trump would take action "in the coming days" against Chinese-owned software companies that he believed posed a national security risk.

Mr Pompeo told Fox News that TikTok was among those "feeding data directly to the Chinese Communist Party".

However, he did not offer any evidence to back up his claim.

Re: Off Topic Trump is an idiot

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:45 am

Who is Trumps vote base cause he's killed thousands with his stupidity
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:40 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Who is Trumps vote base cause he's killed thousands with his stupidity

fck china and fck their PC half wit fanboys...

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:51 pm

The daily rage against Trump is astonishing, with MSM mute on what the Russians and Chinese are up to..

All lapped by a number of easily dazzled dimwits..

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 pm

rumpo kid wrote:The daily rage against Trump is astonishing, with MSM mute on what the Russians and Chinese are up to..

All lapped by a number of easily dazzled dimwits..

China send us a virus every few years, Trumps pokes them in the eye... and Trump is the idiot thats killed people...
yep see how that works....

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:36 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Who is Trumps vote base cause he's killed thousands with his stupidity

Ahh the power of funny picture. But off the top of my head a few more balanced moments through this whole mess...

On January 31st Trump bans travel into US from China. The Democrats including Biden took the opportunity to accuse him of being racist.

24th February Nancy Pelosi used it for further political gain encouraging people to head to China Town in San Fransisco because the threat of Covid wasn't real.

Also 24th February - Cuomo claims New York will run out of ventilators in 6 days.

3rd of April - Cuomo admits they have a stockpile of ventilators.

March 20th - Trump says in daily briefing that Hydroxichloroquine could be a potential 'game changer'

March 25th - man dies after drinking chloroquine phosphate (fish tank cleaner) blamed on Trump. Wife goes on TV saying she did it because she trusted the president.

29th April - woman who gave her husband fish tank cleaner under investigation for murder and revealed to be a long time democrat supporter.

Today - Oxford study days hydroxychloriquine could help defeat Covid in early stages.

And...

40% of US Covid deaths have been in Nursing homes.

Percentage wise the US results are hugely skewed by NY stats which are tragic. Cuomo chose to send recovering Covid patients to care homes.

Oh and also...

USA actually has a lower death rate per head than Spain, UK, Belgium, Italy and Sweden amongst others.

But sure Orange Man Bad and all that.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:39 pm

I watched his interview the other day, the man is a complete deluded moron, how people can support that brainless lunatic is beyond belief.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:03 pm

skidemin wrote:

Trump was one of China's biggest fan boys earlier this year

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/1 ... rus-188736

Until he needed someone to shift the blame on to when the shit hits the fan of course.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:22 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Until he needed someone to shift the blame on to when the shit hits the fan of course.

"I would tax China very heavily. I would bring the jobs back to the US."

Trump 2010 (6 years before he was president)

https://youtu.be/1jdIshuoRBQ

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:32 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:I watched his interview the other day, the man is a complete deluded moron, how people can support that brainless lunatic is beyond belief.

I watched an interview with Joe Biden the other day...

Oh wait, no I didn't because the democrats are hiding him because he is clearly not mentally all there.

The choice between a flawed Trump and an empty shell candidate who is representing a hugely divided and increasingly extreme left Democrats is fairly straightforward.

Would you vote for the continuation of the American dream, whether you love them or hate them, the idea of america, where anybody can rise to the top (see senator Ted Cruz son of a Cuban immigrant who washed dishes to support his family) vs. Communism - the ideology that killed more people at least 15 times over nazism.

Easy choice from where I'm sitting. Just hope the Yanks do the right thing.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:38 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Bluebird1990 wrote:I watched his interview the other day, the man is a complete deluded moron, how people can support that brainless lunatic is beyond belief.

Oh wait, no I didn't because the democrats are hiding him because he is clearly not mentally all there.

The choice between a flawed Trump and an empty shell candidate who is representing a hugely divided and increasingly extreme left Democrats is fairly straightforward.

Would you vote for the continuation of the American dream, whether you love them or hate them, the idea of america, where anybody can rise to the top (see senator Ted Cruz son of a Cuban immigrant who washed dishes to support his family) vs. Communism - the ideology that killed more people at least 15 times over nazism.

I wouldn't exactly call Trump mentally stable and The fact that those are the options america has shows how royally fucked up politically the place is. Its going to get far worse before it gets better there.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:42 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

yes mate its called changing your opinion when new info comes your way..

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:55 pm

Bluebird1990 wrote:
ealing_ayatollah wrote:

I wouldn't exactly call Trump mentally stable and The fact that those are the options america has shows how royally fucked up politically the place is. Its going to get far worse before it gets better there.

If Trump fails America falls. If Americ falls the west falls. We are literally relying on a shit Alan Sugar to save our very future.

To be honest didnt see that coming when the millennium kicked in.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:11 pm

skidemin wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Okay, just for reference what was the 'info' that stopped it being acceptable to support China? The info that made anyone who supports china a ' PC half wit fanboy'

I'm not pro China btw, blood on their hands by all accounts (not referring to COVID wise either) but would be interested to know what this info you are referring to is.

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:05 am

CityBlue93 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Okay, just for reference what was the 'info' that stopped it being acceptable to support China? The info that made anyone who supports china a ' PC half wit fanboy'

I'm not pro China btw, blood on their hands by all accounts (not referring to COVID wise either) but would be interested to know what this info you are referring to is.

so youve figured out ...your not pro China :laughing5: :laughing5: ...good because if you were you would be a 100% PC halfwit fanboy.

Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:29 am

Nearly every news strap mentions Trump and his tomfoolery. Problem is, the press are so far out of kilter with the Public with their filtered news and metro identity, there really is now no proper reporting. Other than for those sorry fools in the metro bubble.

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:47 pm

rumpo kid wrote:Nearly every news strap mentions Trump and his tomfoolery. Problem is, the press are so far out of kilter with the Public with their filtered news and metro identity, there really is now no proper reporting. Other than for those sorry fools in the metro bubble.

its overcooked mate... its at a point where the knee jerk reaction by some is to call him a fool or idiot even when his views are similar to their own... as for putting silly pictures up of red necks or people with no teeth with a Trump supporters caption .waw.. im sure that works, bit like brexit..

Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:10 pm

skidemin wrote:
rumpo kid wrote:Nearly every news strap mentions Trump and his tomfoolery. Problem is, the press are so far out of kilter with the Public with their filtered news and metro identity, there really is now no proper reporting. Other than for those sorry fools in the metro bubble.

its overcooked mate... its at a point where the knee jerk reaction by some is to call him a fool or idiot even when his views are similar to their own... as for putting silly pictures up of red necks or people with no teeth with a Trump supporters caption .waw.. im sure that works, bit like brexit..

He certainly is a stable genius.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sR3f95BGIiA

My personal favourite trump moment : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nCnKtzQpCSs

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:24 pm

It's strange that the people who have a go at Trump seem to love Obama

Obama who armed the drug dealers and slave traders/people traffickers from Mexico and South/Central America
Obama who permitted ISIS to develop and flourish. Even Hilary Clinton admitted this
Obama who made threats over red lines and action against Syria but never carried them through.
Obama who allowed his ambassador to Libya to be killed and did nothing to protect him.
Obama who interfered in the Brexit vote and it went dramatically wrong for him and the remainers.
Obama who supported and allowed vote rigging and intimidation to go unpunished.
Obama who gave money to North Korean leaders.
Obama who helped foster Russian interference allegations in the USA election against Trump, when all along it was the democrats benefitting.

Trump has his faults, but at least he is pro USA and GB. He is a businessman and wants and expects people to act immediately on his instructions as their boss.
Obama was a patsy and bureaucrat who said and did what the establishment wanted. He has no convictions but promoting himself and maintaining his own self- importance.
Hilary Clinton said he is a ditherer who cannot make a decision.
Whereas Trump is an impulsive "doer" who makes a decision and expects it to be carried out. He hates the bureaucracy and civil service mentality of status quo.

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:27 pm

Could do with him here he'll soon sort out migrants in channel as he will use frogmen to put holes in dingies on french side channel so wont get here... :D

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:29 pm

Got to laugh at the Trump haters. They believe everything the biased MSM media say about him. He has killed thousands say one :o Well exactly who then ? Biden is an out an out Racist but let’s attack Trump instead. The Democrat Mayors have killed many and actively encouraged states to be destroyed all in the name of getting Trump out. Some people’s hatred of Trump completely blinds them to any sort of truth.
The race war being played out was orchestrated by the Democrats and is the biggest farce ever. Well apart from Covid19 lol

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:49 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i think the fact that you have a personal favourite video of him sums it up better than i ever could..

Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:26 am

skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

i think the fact that you have a personal favourite video of him sums it up better than i ever could..

Calm down dear, it was just a joke.

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:34 pm

Shooting Outside The White House ( in the last few hours ) - The Situation Under Control ...Mr Trump .

Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:06 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
CCFCJosh75 wrote:
skidemin wrote:

Calm down dear, it was just a joke.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: did you come up with calm down dear by yourself or have you googled mild put downs..

Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:12 am

I think Trump is a doing very well, far better than Obama

He fights against the left, doesnt like biased reporting
Unemployment has gone down, sorted ISIS leaders out

I'd happily have Trump as prime minister hear, hes more honest and genuine than
Most if not all politicians, not saying he lies but for a politician hes better at it

He says things the left cant deal with which does give me a chuckle,

Trump for next 4 years I hope :thumbup:

Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:36 am

Citysince72 wrote:I think Trump is a doing very well, far better than Obama

Most if not all politicians, not saying he lies but for a politician hes better at it

Well that unemployment line is a lie. In June unemployment was at its highest since the great depression in the US.

It took him 827 days in charge to make 10,000 false or misleading claims (12 a day on average). So I wouldn't say he's more honest.

Let's not forget his ties to Russia, epstein, white supremacists. As long as he owns da left eh.

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 am

You think trump is honest? He’s been caught out on more lies than anyone, he’s literally made several different lies about where he was on 9/11 and the varying amount of help he gave. After your outrage over the (Supposed lack of) London bombing coverage a few weeks back I’m surprised you would hold someone with such a nonchalant attitude to a national tragedy to such high regard :roll:

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:48 am

WestCoastBlue wrote:

You think trump is honest? He’s been caught out on more lies than anyone, he’s literally made several different lies about where he was on 9/11 and the varying amount of help he gave. After your outrage over the (Supposed lack of) London bombing coverage a few weeks back I’m surprised you would hold someone with such a nonchalant attitude to a national tragedy to such high regard :roll:

No, I meant say although he lies, hes not as bad as others

I'd rather him than Biden, who appears to not know where he is, what decade were in

Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:07 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:

Well that unemployment line is a lie. In June unemployment was at its highest since the great depression in the US.

It took him 827 days in charge to make 10,000 false or misleading claims (12 a day on average). So I wouldn't say he's more honest.

Let's not forget his ties to Russia, epstein, white supremacists. As long as he owns da left eh.

Ah, your still about are you, I thought you, Owen Jones, Femi Oluwole, James Obrien would be hid in a cave now with Greta "the worlds on fire ccfcjosh told me" Thunberg, but dont get any ideas she's about 8, although if your Muslim that's ok,

I'd rather have ties with Russia than the left,

I'd trust Tommy Robinson ( did you know his real name is Stephen Yaxley Lennon) something you deluded left sided people love to mention, Nigel Farage, Douglas Murray even Katie Hopkins than any left sided living in the clouds idiot, like yourself.

Unemployment is always changing. Not sure if you were in the cave and missed it, (still no fire), but theres been something called a pandemic, covid 19, I think that might have an effect, you may note a lot of the world has been on a lockdown, ofcourse not you BLM lot your obviously exempt from it.

10000 lies, that's very accurate, counted them have you, dear oh dear you are a silly little deluded boy or girl, frog, cat, tomato, apple tart, I know you lefties dont do Male or female these days

Do you still believe in Santa to

I must dash, I need to buy fire extinguishers, Greta said we need them.