Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea City - Stadium Announcer charged with child sex...

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:03 pm

Animal

Radio DJ and Swansea City stadium announcer Kev Johns charged with child sex offences

The well-known Swansea Sound presenter regular pantomime dame is accused of indecently assaulting a boy in the 1980s

By Jason Evans

Wednesday 5th August 2020

One of Swansea's most iconic names and voices has been charged with sexual offences against a child.

Radio DJ and Swansea City's stadium announcer Kev Johns is alleged to have indecently assaulted a boy in Swansea in the early 1980s.

The 59-year-old appeared at Swansea Magistrates Court on Tuesday where he faced two charges relating to a child under 16.

Johns, of Loughor Road, Gorseinon, Swansea, was bailed to appear at Swansea Crown Court on September 4.

Johns is well-known throughout south west Wales for his daily breakfast radio show on Swansea Sound as well for his announcing duties for Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium, his charity work, and as a dame in the city's annual Grand Theatre panto.

In 2013 he was awarded an MBE for services to charity in Wales.

A spokesperson for Bauer Media, which owns Swansea Sound said: “We have agreed with Kevin Johns that he will take a leave of absence from his presenting duties to allow him time to fully focus on the police investigation.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Swansea City - Stadium Announcer charged with child sex.

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:17 pm

Sick. Hiding in plain sight. b*stard filth.

Years later. Uncovered from his stone. How many more.

Death sentence please.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:59 am

Valley Blue wrote:Sick. Hiding in plain sight. b*stard filth.

Death sentence please.

Put your pitchfork away. Innocent until proved guilty.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:42 am

Can’t believe there’s still people saying they want people accused of something dead, who would happily press the death button with absolutely no more context other than an accusation.

Just to fill you in on the article, the man is about 59, and he has been accused of something for when he was 19 years old with somebody under 16. As far as we know it could be completely false, or even be a 19 year old with a 15 year old. There’s a 4 year gap and I agree it’s not ideal, ofcourse not, it DEFINETELY paints a different picture than a 59 year old man being with someone under 16, which clearly wasn’t the case. Also, I’m fairly uneducated in the “old” days as I’m only 25, but with respect it’s with my understanding that in the 80’s a 19 year old being with a 15 year old would not have battered an eye lid really. In fact, you see it in old teen movies where the 15/16 year old has an older boyfriend who works or something, and it was never displayed as anything other than innocent.

The 19 year old should know better, but I think being branded a pedophile is way too strong.

EDIT: just want to clarify this Swansea guy when he was 19 could’ve been with someone much younger than 16 and it could very well be that he’s done something unforgivable, but based off the only information that’s been released, it’s safe to say it could easily be a harmless 4 year gap situation. In my opinion.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:15 am

Capn Birds Eye wrote:Can’t believe there’s still people saying they want people accused of something dead, who would happily press the death button with absolutely no more context other than an accusation.

Just to fill you in on the article, the man is about 59, and he has been accused of something for when he was 19 years old with somebody under 16. As far as we know it could be completely false, or even be a 19 year old with a 15 year old. There’s a 4 year gap and I agree it’s not ideal, ofcourse not, it DEFINETELY paints a different picture than a 59 year old man being with someone under 16, which clearly wasn’t the case. Also, I’m fairly uneducated in the “old” days as I’m only 25, but with respect it’s with my understanding that in the 80’s a 19 year old being with a 15 year old would not have battered an eye lid really. In fact, you see it in old teen movies where the 15/16 year old has an older boyfriend who works or something, and it was never displayed as anything other than innocent.

The 19 year old should know better, but I think being branded a pedophile is way too strong.

EDIT: just want to clarify this Swansea guy when he was 19 could’ve been with someone much younger than 16 and it could very well be that he’s done something unforgivable, but based off the only information that’s been released, it’s safe to say it could easily be a harmless 4 year gap situation. In my opinion.

Perhaps nobody should comment positive or negative until the police enquiry is complete.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:26 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Capn Birds Eye wrote:Can’t believe there’s still people saying they want people accused of something dead, who would happily press the death button with absolutely no more context other than an accusation.

Perhaps nobody should comment positive or negative until the police enquiry is complete.

maybe the media shouldnt name and shame people prior to guilty verdicts...
its ruined his life whether he is guilty or not....

Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:29 am

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Totally agree.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:52 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Totally agree.

i know a fella whose step grandaughter accused him of kiddy fiddling with her.. a year later she drops the charges , was spite over something completely un connected... he isnt the same person..
those guilty deserve life.. but until found guilty deserve anonymity

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:03 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:

Death sentence please.

Sorry for my knee jerk reaction. After being abused as a young child I always feel disgusted.

Obviously this bloke is innocent until proven otherwise.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:34 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Totally agree.

i know a fella whose step grandaughter accused him of kiddy fiddling with her.. a year later she drops the charges , was spite over something completely un connected... he isnt the same person..

Terrible mate. Out of interest, was there any come back on the step daughter?

Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:44 pm

Sensible head on your shoulders mate

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:30 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:

Death sentence please.

Well said. People on this forum should remember that Dave Jones had this hanging over him for years but was innocent.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Clearly if you see nothing wrong with a 19 yr old shagging an underage minor then there is clearly something seriously lacking in your make up.

Bit of a nonce supporter are you

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:45 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Totally agree.

no comeback. i think the CPS are reluctant in case it puts people who have suffered abuse off coming forward.. which i sort of understand.. newspapers printing names for a cheap 5 minute headline though should themselves be prosecuted..

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:53 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Totally agree.

no comeback. i think the CPS are reluctant in case it puts people who have suffered abuse off coming forward.. which i sort of understand.. newspapers printing names for a cheap 5 minute headline though should themselves be prosecuted..

I understand that people must be encouraged to come forward but unfortunately there’s the odd evil person around who’ll happily ruin someone’s life.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:31 pm

You really should have left this matter alone rather than speculate. The most important information is the child was under 16 and as an adult (you state the alleged perpetrator was 19 at the time) then there can be no excuses unless no crime was committed and that is confirmed in a court of law.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:53 pm

skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
skidemin wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Totally agree.

Wow thats terrible!!!

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:11 pm

Bluewolf wrote:

Clearly if you see nothing wrong with a 19 yr old shagging an underage minor then there is clearly something seriously lacking in your make up.

Bit of a nonce supporter are you

I don’t “see nothing wrong” with it. Im saying it’s not black and white. I’m clearly saying that there’s a difference between a 59 year old with a 15 year old, and a 19 year old with a 15 year old. Neither are choices I would make or encourage anyone else to make, however a 4 year gap in a relationship (even if it turns out this particular story isn’t) should NOT have the same punishment as if he was 59 when it happened.

If it’s as black and white as you possibly think it is, would you even consider a 16 year old with a 15 year old the same punishment as any other age gap?

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:14 pm

A conversation between two posters who joined yesterday and today. Mmmmmm :roll:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:32 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:A conversation between two posters who joined yesterday and today. Mmmmmm :roll:

I joined a few weeks ago chill

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:33 pm

Capn Birds Eye wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:A conversation between two posters who joined yesterday and today. Mmmmmm :roll:

I joined a few weeks ago chill

Soz bud, didn’t mean you :thumbup:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:35 pm

I also want to stress my first line of “I see “nothing wrong” with it” comes across wrong. The point I was trying to say was I DO obviously see something wrong with it. I’m not good at English

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:01 am

How does the Jack song go, and we were...

https://www.fanchants.com/football-song ... g-cardiff/

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:47 am

Capn Birds Eye wrote:
I don’t “see nothing wrong” with it. Im saying it’s not black and white. I’m clearly saying that there’s a difference between a 59 year old with a 15 year old, and a 19 year old with a 15 year old. Neither are choices I would make or encourage anyone else to make, however a 4 year gap in a relationship (even if it turns out this particular story isn’t) should NOT have the same punishment as if he was 59 when it happened.

If it’s as black and white as you possibly think it is, would you even consider a 16 year old with a 15 year old the same punishment as any other age gap?

How do you know the victim was 5 rather than 15? Either way anyone under 16 years of age is protected by law you can't pick and choose.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:50 am

Capn Birds Eye wrote:I also want to stress my first line of “I see “nothing wrong” with it” comes across wrong. The point I was trying to say was I DO obviously see something wrong with it. I’m not good at English

You don't seem to be good at logic either, honestly I would drop this if I were you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:58 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Capn Birds Eye wrote:

How do you know the victim was 5 rather than 15? Either way anyone under 16 years of age is protected by law you can't pick and choose.

I’ve said straight after I gave the example that it could very well be the case the child was much younger. I was trying to give context that the information about this hasn’t confirmed anything. If he’s found guilty he should be punished. I don’t get why people miss my point because they want to read something that isn’t there and make out I’m defending him if he’s guilty at any age below 16. I’m simply responding to the early suggestion in this post that this man should have the death penalty for something we don’t even know any Specific information, and if he was even guilty. I’ve jumped the gun too by giving examples, but at the end of the day this shouldn’t even be public until he’s found guilty.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:43 am

Capn Birds Eye wrote:
I’ve said straight after I gave the example that it could very well be the case the child was much younger. I was trying to give context that the information about this hasn’t confirmed anything. If he’s found guilty he should be punished. I don’t get why people miss my point because they want to read something that isn’t there and make out I’m defending him if he’s guilty at any age below 16. I’m simply responding to the early suggestion in this post that this man should have the death penalty for something we don’t even know any Specific information, and if he was even guilty. I’ve jumped the gun too by giving examples, but at the end of the day this shouldn’t even be public until he’s found guilty.

You have contradicted yourself by saying (rightly) we should wait until the facts are known before judging and then following that up with you're own 'speculation' that the child might have been 15 and there could have been 'only' a 4 year age gap between the victim and perpetrator.

You don't know what the age of the child was and you should have waited until we did know before putting forward your pre-emptied scenario that the offence 'wasn't that bad' which makes you a hypocrite as you're judging the situation in the same way as the poster who said the perpetrator should be hung before we knew what had actually happened.

Sorry but you can't have it both ways and you should have simply stated that we need to know more facts rather than offer your poor 'context' on what MIGHT have happened.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:09 am

Capn Birds Eye wrote:

You have contradicted yourself by saying (rightly) we should wait until the facts are known before judging and then following that up with you're own 'speculation' that the child might have been 15 and there could have been 'only' a 4 year age gap between the victim and perpetrator.

You don't know what the age of the child was and you should have waited until we did know before putting forward your pre-emptied scenario that the offence 'wasn't that bad' which makes you a hypocrite as you're judging the situation in the same way as the poster who said the perpetrator should be hung before we knew what had actually happened.

Sorry but you can't have it both ways and you should have simply stated that we need to know more facts rather than offer your poor 'context' on what MIGHT have happened.

Hence why I jumped the gun by giving examples of what MIGHT have happened. Every post I’ve made on this matter I’ve clearly said “it might not even be the case”. There’s a lot of people who’s already sentenced him to death. That’s all I’m saying.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:12 am

I think it is time to put this topic to bed it is all guess work at the moment no facts known :thumbup:

Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Capn Birds Eye wrote:

To be fair, I read the Cap'n posts as just saying people should hold fire on calling for the death sentence before knowing the full facts and pointing out this could be very bad or could be a lot less dramatic.

I agree with the Guvnor's last post it should be left until everyone knows more. But i also think that was the thrust of what the Cap'n was getting at.

Blue wolf calling him a nonce supporter for suggesting people hold fire on their judgement before knowing the facts is bang out of order.

He wasn't supporting or defending the jack, just pointing out we don't know the whole story.

:ayatollah: