Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ £40Mill to Cardiff City ‘

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:12 pm

I am right in saying Cardiff City will get another £40mill this year from the parachute payments and about £20 mill next year .

Re: ‘ £40Mill to Cardiff City ‘

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:17 pm

Be interesting to see what happens over next two seasons. I think it’ll be a case of getting rid of the dead wood and getting in some young hungry (cheap) players and hopefully this will mean that the likes of Tom Sang and the winger who’s name I can’t remember have a route towards the first team.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am right in saying Cardiff City will get another £40mill this year from the parachute payments and about £20mill next year .

No its only over 2 years as we only stayed up 1 season last season if money

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am right in saying Cardiff City will get another £40mill this year from the parachute payments and about £20mill next year .

https://www.goal.com/en/news/what-premi ... gn3p7jlbuo

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:20 pm

How much do teams get from parachute payments?

Parachute payments to relegated clubs are based on the Premier League's broadcasting revenue, specifically the slice that is equally shared among the clubs.

As a result the overall value of the payments have varied over time, increasing with the gradual rise of TV money flooding into the top of the English game.

In the first year, the payment is 55 per cent of the amount that each Premier League club receives as part of its equal share of broadcast revenue. Based on the most recent figures, that percentage is roughly £40m.

The percentage is reduced to 45% in the second year (roughly £36m )and 20% in the third year (roughly £15m).

It is important to note, however, that teams that have been relegated from the Premier League in their first season after promotion only receive two years of parachute payments.

If a relegated team earns promotion back to the Premier League within that three-year period, they do not continue to receive parachute payments.
Last edited by wez1927 on Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:

So £40 million this year and that’s it?

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:

I’ve just been told we Def get £40 mill later this year .

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:21 pm

I think the original figures were 45 million at end of first season after relegation and 35 million the second season. These were being revised down because some of the Sky money to Premier League is being reduced because of Covid, so 40 and 25 seem about right.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:23 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

So £40 million this year and that’s it?
not sure its the percentage, we only get 2 years bot 3

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:26 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Correct wez 2 years only for us for the reason you stated
This new rule has only been in since we last went up

Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:37 pm

As a side note Fulham got less for being promoted than brentford would have got if they'd got promoted due to parachute payments.... also if a team stays up its worth £265m over the two years ! No wonder clubs going broke and trying to cheat ffp to get promotion... :?

Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

From the information posted by Wez it seems that there is a basic figure which all clubs receive. That is topped up by broadcast fees of games featuring PL clubs which is why Man United/City, Liverpool, Chelsea receive so much more than say Watford or Crystal Palace.

Whatever this basic fee is (I don't know) then we receive 45% of its value which might be £40m.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

From the information posted by Wez it seems that there is a basic figure which all clubs receive. That is topped up by broadcast fees of games featuring PL clubs which is why Man United/City, Liverpool, Chelsea receive so much more than say Watford or Crystal Palace.

Whatever this basic fee is (I don't know) then we receive 45% of its value which might be £40m.

Tony it’s about £40mill this year and approx £20million next season :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am right in saying Cardiff City will get another £40mill this year from the parachute payments and about £20 mill next year .

I've just done a Jedi mind trick on Mr Tan.

Neil Harris will be getting millions to spend wisely.

Onwards and upwards!

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Tony it’s about £40mill this year and approx £20million next season :thumbright: :bluebird:

its 55% of the equal share broadcasting rights in the first year...which is about 40 mill
45% in the second year.....which is roughly 35 mill
and 20-% in the third year...about 15 million pounds....

we do not qualify for the 3rd payment though as we were relegated in our first season up.... so it 2020/21 and done...

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:14 pm

Valley Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am right in saying Cardiff City will get another £40mill this year from the parachute payments and about £20 mill next year .

Onwards and upwards!

:lol:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:15 pm

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

its 55% of the equal share broadcasting rights in the first year...which is about 40 mill

we do not qualify for the 3rd payment though as we were relegated in our first season up.... so it 2020/21 and done...

Fair enough :thumbright: :bluebird:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Valley Blue wrote:

Onwards and upwards!

:lol:

Laugh you may Sir. Time will tell.

Some names for me to "mind transfer" to Neil please

:)

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:50 pm

A lot of clubs are going to struggle next season .

Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:52 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:A lot of clubs are going to struggle next season .

They are indeed.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:12 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:A lot of clubs are going to struggle next season .

Going to be interesting the mutual termination of contracts

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

its hard to keep up with as they keep changing it..

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:46 pm

skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
skidemin wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

its hard to keep up with as they keep changing it..

Your right there .

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:43 am

Anybody know what our match day income is and how much past season ticket ticket sales were worth as well.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:18 am

blue lagoon wrote:Anybody know what our match day income is and how much past season ticket ticket sales were worth as well.

These are revenues for 2018 (aka the promotion season)

£32,785,000 total income made up of:

£4,969,000 match day income (that includes ST ticket sales & match day tickets)
£6,255,000 advertising, sponsorship and other commercial income
£21,561,000 TV money

These are the revenues for 2017

£27,055,000 total revenue
£3,529,000 match day income (that includes ST ticket sales & match day tickets)
£2,961,000 advertising, sponsorship and other commercial income
£20,565,000 TV money

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 am

Superb, cheers

Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:58 am

Wont be seeing much of it with Tan. But then again we only need £5-£10 Million in players coming in so hopefully we get some quality players up front.