Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Kenneth Zohore on his way again ‘

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:36 pm

Former Cardiff City striker to be let go by West Brom

Wednesday 5th August 2020

The Telegraph report that West Brom are willing to cut their losses with former Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore and will also listen to offers for Kieran Gibbs and Oliver Burke.

The Bluebirds thought they had struck an excellent deal with the Baggies when they managed to get £8m for the sale of the striker.

Zohore had a torrid year at The Hawthorns, scoring only three goals, two of which came from the penalty spot, and played just 50 minutes of Championship football after January.

Slaven Bilic is now keen to trim his squad as he looks to bolster his options for a campaign in the Premier League, with Jonathan Leko and Sam Field also said to be up for sale.

West Brom are hoping to fill Gibbs' void by signing Antonee Robinson from WIgan.

Re: ‘ Kenneth Zohore on his way again ‘

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Back to Belgium?

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Hes shite ,we mug them right off nearly 10 m :lol:

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 pm

I seriously wouldn’t even have him back in a free.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:44 pm

Waste of money and has a bad attitude, Warnock was spot on about Zohore.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Waste of money and has a bad attitude, Warnock was spot on about Zohore.

With a top attitude he could have been an excellent player.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:50 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Waste of money and has a bad attitude, Warnock was spot on about Zohore.

With a top attitude he could have been an excellent player.

He certainly could and Warnock saw that in him, but once again another player with talent going to waste .

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:51 pm

We've made our mistakes with transfers but the profit on Zohore was excellent business. He has all the physical attributes but not the mental strength. I am sure I read somewhere that he is autistic? It's a shame he didn't make it. Would imagine he'll go abroad again.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:55 pm

How we managed to get West Brom to pay that much for him, I'll never know.

Poor attitude and expect he'll go back to the continent now. Can't see any English clubs wanting him.

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:57 pm

wez1927 wrote:Hes shite ,we mug them right off nearly 10 m :lol:

;)

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:06 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

;)

Then immediately mugged ourselves off by spending the money on Flint and Pack :(

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:37 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:How we managed to get West Brom to pay that much for him, I'll never know.

Poor attitude and expect he'll go back to the continent now. Can't see any English clubs wanting him.

It was a great bit of business by us but if he is on a free and doesn't demand stupid wages I can see a few clubs being interested. Maybe even Warnock again. What may stop him finding a club will be unrealistic demands by his him and his agent. I would even have him back on a low salary and an a big appearance bonus. That should get him to pull his finger out. On his day he is real class.

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:07 am

What a waste of a footballer he seemed to have it all at one stage except heading was unplayable some times ,m, wonder what went wrong

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:19 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

;)

Trouble is warnock pissed the money away,which was a shame,could have bagged a decent striker for the return on zohore! I couldn't believe the outcry from some on here when he was sold? One good purple patch was all he had here,for the rest of the time he hardly contributed (well at least with goals,which is what strikers are judged on) I have no doubt,there is a decent player in there,but have heard more than once,it's his mental strength and attitude that's the problem,not ability.which is a shame,but I lost no sleep on his sale,in fact I lauded it as a great bit of business at the time. :old: :bluebird:

Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:02 am

Couldn't believe the amount on here moaning when we sold him. It was fantastic business very talented but its completely wasted. The fact that at 26 years old he still hasn't even got a cap for a very average Denmark side says a lot.

Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:53 am

Feel for Zohore even though his time with us has been up and down he still has qualities that teams lack and i just hope he gets the right team wanting him. All the best former bluebird who came from a team that Vincent Tan owns and no one heard off. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: