Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Arsenal have just qualified for Europe for a 25th consecutiv

Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Arsenal have just qualified for Europe for a 25th consecutive season, have an owner with a net worth of $8.3billion, have offered Willian a three-year contract on a reported £7.5million per year (plus those juicy agent fees), but make 55 staff redundant. Awful, awful stuff.

Re: Arsenal have just qualified for Europe for a 25th consec

Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Arsenal have just qualified for Europe for a 25th consecutive season, have an owner with a net worth of $8.3billion, have offered Willian a three-year contract on a reported £7.5million per year (plus those juicy agent fees), but make 55 staff redundant. Awful, awful stuff.

On the surface, I agree, it does look awful.

BUT

We need to remember this will save around £2 million a year in wages by sacking these 55 staff.

I know the team has just won the FA Cup and that has brought in £3mill and about £40 mill from Europe

BUT

They are not a charity.

:)

Yet another example of the out of touch ownership of clubs by business.

Disgraceful and typifies the state football is in.

:(

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Valley Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Arsenal have just qualified for Europe for a 25th consecutive season, have an owner with a net worth of $8.3billion, have offered Willian a three-year contract on a reported £7.5million per year (plus those juicy agent fees), but make 55 staff redundant. Awful, awful stuff.

On the surface, I agree, it does look awful.

BUT

We need to remember this will save around £2 million a year in wages by sacking these 55 staff.

I know the team has just won the FA Cup and that has brought in £3mill and about £40 mill from Europe

BUT

They are not a charity.

:)

Yet another example of the out of touch ownership of clubs by business.

Disgraceful and typifies the state football is in.

:(

im in a minority here but im absolutely gobsmacked at the amount of staff clubs are employing these days... and they are not talking about matchday staff who get a few quid once a fortnight... i think its got out of control since the huge TV money arrived.. be interesting to see staff levels from 30 years ago compared to now..

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:59 pm

550 staff they have. Laying off 10%. What they all doing?

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:34 pm

Valley Blue wrote:550 staff they have. Laying off 10%. What they all doing?

well as much i do not like people losing jobs.. its a football club and the 550 are not footballers..